ROD Pick Em Contest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamsFan4Life said:
Or Bro you can do like I try to do.......make your picks, set your roster, etc. EARLY. If you are able, and some news has come to light in the interim, then Saturday night, Sunday morning, whenever.....you change up.

But if something happens that precludes you from getting it done Sunday morning and NOTHING has been announced that would have changed how you would have selected on Tuesday or Wednesday....then yer screwed and could end up starting hurt guys or guys on bye week.

And really.....once you lose once or twice like that.....it will never happen to you again. Just a bit of advice in ADVANCE.

Good Luck!
I've already made most of my picks. Just saving a few of the tougher ones for Friday, post practice. I appreciate the tip.

PhxRam

Ram Quixote said:
RamsFan4Life said:
Or Bro you can do like I try to do.......make your picks, set your roster, etc. EARLY. If you are able, and some news has come to light in the interim, then Saturday night, Sunday morning, whenever.....you change up.

But if something happens that precludes you from getting it done Sunday morning and NOTHING has been announced that would have changed how you would have selected on Tuesday or Wednesday....then yer screwed and could end up starting hurt guys or guys on bye week.

And really.....once you lose once or twice like that.....it will never happen to you again. Just a bit of advice in ADVANCE.

Good Luck!
I've already made most of my picks. Just saving a few of the tougher ones for Friday, post practice. I appreciate the tip.

Really? The Saints? :razzed:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
PhxRam said:
Ram Quixote said:
RamsFan4Life said:

Good Luck!

Really? The Saints? :razzed:
:razzed: Back at ya. Lost by only half a yard, you know. I expected the 2-points to fail. My actual spreadless pick was the Packers.

Wonderboy

Rookie
I'm in.... Prestige Worldwide! Same name as ROD fantasy football. I'm jacked up for it, but mostly because it means I get to watch a Rams game every week! Can't wait to be in the dome on Sunday. Let's get a 'W'!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I found myself rooting for overtime at the end even though I picked the Packers to cover the 4.5 spread. It was such a good game.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
So now that Dark Star won the first week, what happens? Besides getting this week's picks ready.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
So now that Dark Star won the first week, what happens? Besides getting this week's picks ready.
We chalk it up to blind luck ( :sly: ) and get our picks in for next week. The winner will be determined at the end of the year. I suspect I'll be at the bottom for two reasons. One, I'll never pick the Rams to lose, and Two, I'll never pick the Pats to win. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
We chalk it up to blind luck ( :sly: ) and get our picks in for next week. The winner will be determined at the end of the year. I suspect I'll be at the bottom for two reasons. One, I'll never pick the Rams to lose, and Two, I'll never pick the Pats to win. I just can't bring myself to do it.
Obviously. The first weekend every year is impossible to pick accurately. Anyone who does should probably try their hand at the lottery.

Pick against the Rams? Never. Pick the Patsies? I can be pragmatic there, but I look for reasons to pick against them, too. Them and the Raiders.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll ALWAYS be picking the Rams as well. I don't consider this a handy-cap though. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
Hey fool! You ready for another beating? You shoulda never came back!
I want YOU!

200px-Rocky_balboa.jpg

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ram Quixote said:

I came in 2nd place! :mrgreen:

The games that shocked me the most were the Falcson/Bears and Steelers/Ravens. Who the hell could have seen those blowouts coming??

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thank Jah I'm not a betting man... I have a feeling the bookies had a great weekend.

I only got fucking 4 right, and I'm probably not going to get this Monday Nighter right either at the rate things are going. :grr:

It's a LONG season my friends. Remember that for this contest, and for our Rams as well. This aint even close to being over...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I completely dropped the ball and didn't even pick a team last week. Suffice it to say, I'm doomed now.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Well, all I can say for myself is that I've been fairly consistent. 7, 6 & 6--consistently bad. The spread mucks up my logic. One week I pick against Pitt and the spread, the next for and I lost both. Just picking the winner I do so much better.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Selassie I said:
Don't look now,,, but Haile's climbing the list :twisted:
Amazingly, the top spot (Cullen by 3 points) hasn't won a single week. I'm tied for 3rd and I haven't won one either.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ram Quixote said:
Selassie I said:
Don't look now,,, but Haile's climbing the list :twisted:
Amazingly, the top spot (Cullen by 3 points) hasn't won a single week. I'm tied for 3rd and I haven't won one either.

I'm glad you said that about the weekly winner. I never looked at that until you mentioned it. I was surprised to see the I was the weekly winner a few weeks back.

The key is to be steady as possible,,, as Cullen is doing like a champ. He HAS just about won it though on multiple occasions.

How are you doing it Cullen??? Are those really YOUR picks ? :razzed:

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I don't know how i'm doing it, it's tricky picking against the spread. I finally got a point from the Rams so i'm most happy about that.