ROD Mock Results - Tennessee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
What's up draftnicks and football starved Ram fans? Time is winding down until the actual draft, and as I'm sure most of you are well aware; we've been powering through a helluva 7 round mock (4th annual, matter o' fact). I had the pleasure of representing the Tennessee Titans this year, and here's where I felt they should go/could go/might go.

First off, player moves. Gone are OG Chance Warmack, TE Anthony Fasano, WR Kendall Wright, S Rashad Johnson, LB Sean Spence (amongst others).
They've brought in a couple pieces to supplement an underachieving defense, NT Sylvester Williams and S Jonathan Cyprien

1.) 5th overall acquired from some team in California, the Titans went with
Malik Hooker - Safety Ohio State: I really feel like defensive secondary is going to be a big focus for this team. Hooker was not only probably the best player available here, he also conveniently helped fill a need. They have 2nd year guy Kevin Byard at FS, Hooker here and Cyprien that can play a sort of hybrid role a'la Mark Barron.

2.) 32nd overall (we moved back a couple of times here and acquired a couple additional 3rd round picks in the process).
Zach Cunningham - LB Vanderbilt: There's room for improvement here with Wesley Woodyard and Avery Williamson as the primary ILBs here. Cunningham is a big dude with a frame that can still put some mass on, and he's a great downhill player for a defense that struggled against the run last year.

This was my first big regret though. I had quite a few guys on the board I still liked at #18, so I moved back to 27 thinking I could grab John Ross (who was still out there) or a CB. Ross went, and a couple nice CBs were still there so I moved back to 32. Conley and Jackson both went right in front of me. Bummer.

3.) 83rd overall ArDarius Stewart - WR Alabama
This is a mean football player and I'm really glad I got him here. He reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin. He's an absolute load at 5'11" 200lbs, and he plays a lot quicker than his 4.50 40 time. He'll make an excellent replacement in the slot for Kendall Wright.

4.) 100 overall Shaquill Griffin - CB UCF
I really missed out on an opportunity to have added a couple of great CBs in this draft like I should have. Ending up with Griffin here was a good consolation prize though. Under the radar at UCF, but he'll fit nicely in the zone scheme in Tennessee.

5.) 103 overall Jake Butt - TE Michigan
TE is looking a bit thin in Tennesse with Delanie Walker a bit long in the tooth and really no one to back him up. Butt's an extremely well rounded player and I feel he was a bargain here.

6.) 104 overall Jaleel Johnson - DE/DT I0wa
There's some concern with Karl Klug working back from a torn achilles. Johnson has a great motor and a fantastic first step. He has some aspects of his game that remind me of Aaron Donald.

7.) 124 overall Dawuane Smoot - DE/OLB Illinois
A really intelligent football player and extremely atheletic for a dude his size (former Junior USA Hurdles runner) he'll play a 3-4 pass rusher, but he'll have some time to develop behind Orakpo and Derek Morgan.

8.) 164 overall Jordan Morgan - OG/OT Kutzman
He was a beast for his small Division III school, and he'll have to slide inside in the NFL, but the Titans could use someone with a pulse on the interior of the line either way.

9.) 214 overall Josh Augusta - DT Mizzou
Augusta is a whale, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. He's 6'4" and played last year at 390lbs. He's already slimmed down 50lbs in prepping for the NFL, so that's really encouraging. He'll play the nose in Tenn, and can rotate in for Sylvester Williams.

10.) 236 overall Fish Smithson - S Kansas
Smithson is another really intelligent football player. The measurables leave some to be desired, but in this scenario we're sliding him down to play some nickel CB rather than S and hoping he can get a rotational job to stick.

I strongly suggest everyone to check out the Mock thread. ROD posters know their shit and it showed in this mock! I know in my case, I got burned thinking I could bank on some players flying under the radar. If I could do it all again, like I said, I'd try and capitalize on that deep secondary class a bit more and try to address a bit more depth on the oline as the position is quite scarce this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What's up draftnicks and football starved Ram fans? Time is winding down until the actual draft, and as I'm sure most of you are well aware; we've been powering through a helluva 7 round mock (4th annual, matter o' fact). I had the pleasure of representing the Tennessee Titans this year, and here's where I felt they should go/could go/might go.

First off, player moves. Gone are OG Chance Warmack, TE Anthony Fasano, WR Kendall Wright, S Rashad Johnson, LB Sean Spence (amongst others).
They've brought in a couple pieces to supplement an underachieving defense, NT Sylvester Williams and S Jonathan Cyprien

1.) 5th overall acquired from some team in California, the Titans went with
Malik Hooker - Safety Ohio State: I really feel like defensive secondary is going to be a big focus for this team. Hooker was not only probably the best player available here, he also conveniently helped fill a need. They have 2nd year guy Kevin Byard at FS, Hooker here and Cyprien that can play a sort of hybrid role a'la Mark Barron.

2.) 32nd overall (we moved back a couple of times here and acquired a couple additional 3rd round picks in the process).
Zach Cunningham - LB Vanderbilt: There's room for improvement here with Wesley Woodyard and Avery Williamson as the primary ILBs here. Cunningham is a big dude with a frame that can still put some mass on, and he's a great downhill player for a defense that struggled against the run last year.

This was my first big regret though. I had quite a few guys on the board I still liked at #18, so I moved back to 27 thinking I could grab John Ross (who was still out there) or a CB. Ross went, and a couple nice CBs were still there so I moved back to 32. Conley and Jackson both went right in front of me. Bummer.

This is a mean football player and I'm really glad I got him here. He reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin. He's an absolute load at 5'11" 200lbs, and he plays a lot quicker than his 4.50 40 time. He'll make an excellent replacement in the slot for Kendall Wright.

4.) 100 overall Shaquill Griffin - CB UCF
I really missed out on an opportunity to have added a couple of great CBs in this draft like I should have. Ending up with Griffin here was a good consolation prize though. Under the radar at UCF, but he'll fit nicely in the zone scheme in Tennessee.

TE is looking a bit thin in Tennesse with Delanie Walker a bit long in the tooth and really no one to back him up. Butt's an extremely well rounded player and I feel he was a bargain here.

6.) 104 overall Jaleel Johnson - DE/DT I0wa
There's some concern with Karl Klug working back from a torn achilles. Johnson has a great motor and a fantastic first step. He has some aspects of his game that remind me of Aaron Donald.

7.) 124 overall Dawuane Smoot - DE/OLB Illinois
A really intelligent football player and extremely atheletic for a dude his size (former Junior USA Hurdles runner) he'll play a 3-4 pass rusher, but he'll have some time to develop behind Orakpo and Derek Morgan.

8.) 164 overall Jordan Morgan - OG/OT Kutzman
He was a beast for his small Division III school, and he'll have to slide inside in the NFL, but the Titans could use someone with a pulse on the interior of the line either way.

9.) 214 overall Josh Augusta - DT Mizzou
Augusta is a whale, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. He's 6'4" and played last year at 390lbs. He's already slimmed down 50lbs in prepping for the NFL, so that's really encouraging. He'll play the nose in Tenn, and can rotate in for Sylvester Williams.

10.) 236 overall Fish Smithson - S Kansas
Smithson is another really intelligent football player. The measurables leave some to be desired, but in this scenario we're sliding him down to play some nickel CB rather than S and hoping he can get a rotational job to stick.

I strongly suggest everyone to check out the Mock thread. ROD posters know their crap and it showed in this mock! I know in my case, I got burned thinking I could bank on some players flying under the radar. If I could do it all again, like I said, I'd try and capitalize on that deep secondary class a bit more and try to address a bit more depth on the oline as the position is quite scarce this year.
I think you did a great job of covering there Loses, and needs, with some really fine picks! A few of which I really coveted!!(y);):D Nice report too!!

Ram65

Legend
Could use a little background on needs because I don't know that much about them.

Lot's of talk on Conley here in Phila for the Eagles @ 14. I was telling some Eagle fans a couple weeks ago or so that Ross would be a nice pickup for them. Well, @ 18 I would have been thrilled to get Ross.

Do you regret the move downs?

Nice pick up here. He could put up some nice numbers even in year one.

TE is looking a bit thin in Tennesse with Delanie Walker a bit long in the tooth and really no one to back him up. Butt's an extremely well rounded player and I feel he was a bargain her

Just read something on him could have been Mayocks top 5 position list. Nice pickup.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could use a little background on needs because I don't know that much about them.

Lot's of talk on Conley here in Phila for the Eagles @ 14. I was telling some Eagle fans a couple weeks ago or so that Ross would be a nice pickup for them. Well, @ 18 I would have been thrilled to get Ross.

Do you regret the move downs?

Nice pick up here. He could put up some nice numbers even in year one.

Just read something on him could have been Mayocks top 5 position list. Nice pickup.
In the end I think moving down worked best for plugging the holes it looks like the Titans have. From what I was reading, their fans are most concerned with secondary, TE and depth on the lines.

I wish I could have done more with the CB position, so in that respect I miss not sitting and grabbing Conley, but with how the extra picks fell I think Cunningham + Butt and the DT Johnson make up for it.

Ram65

Legend
In the end I think moving down worked best for plugging the holes it looks like the Titans have. From what I was reading, their fans are most concerned with secondary, TE and depth on the lines.

I wish I could have done more with the CB position, so in that respect I miss not sitting and grabbing Conley, but with how the extra picks fell I think Cunningham + Butt and the DT Johnson make up for it.

Extra picks are nice. Will be interesting to revisit after we see their draft picks. Thanks