ROD - Love it or leave it.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
CodeMonkey bringing back fond memories:
Smoke on the Water
My first wife died in a car accident when I was 31 years old. I had never danced in my life prior to having to return to the dating scene and this song was playing at my dancing premier. I'm pretty sure I looked like an idiot but the girl I asked to dance must have been used to that kind of thing because when I asked her again later she said sure. She later became my second wife so I have mixed feelings about this song. On the one hand, I quickly grew to love dancing and I still go out to clubs occasionally just to dance. On the other hand, she became my second wife. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Great song! (y)
upload_2014-10-30_14-43-19.jpeg

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
DaveFan'51 with this classic:
I did it My Way!" By Frank Sinatra.
This and Summer Wind are my favorites by Frank. So appropriate to the situation too. Great pick! (y)

Athos

Legend
We get to post boobies and butts here.

That alone is better than the best that shall not be named that is ruled by the cantankerous fart that shan't be named.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
My first wife died in a car accident when I was 31 years old. I had never danced in my life prior to having to return to the dating scene and this song was playing at my dancing premier. I'm pretty sure I looked like an idiot but the girl I asked to dance must have been used to that kind of thing because when I asked her again later she said sure. She later became my second wife so I have mixed feelings about this song. On the one hand, I quickly grew to love dancing and I still go out to clubs occasionally just to dance. On the other hand, she became my second wife. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Great song! (y)
View attachment 3865
Wow, that's heavy. Thanks for sharing, I just thought it was the perfect last song to sing as the ship crashes into oblivion. Smoke on the Water was our high school fight song. We were the "Lakers". So, the first thing you learned in the 7th grade band was "Smoke". And just between you and me, you gotta love the Zappa reference!!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I love this place over all others on the web. I'm glad I can come and go as I please and I can talk to guys and generally everybody keeps their feelings out of it and we can have a good, decent discussion about the Rams. Even if we get heated I know that by the end of the discussion nobody will have hurt feelings and nobody's gonna have a vendetta against another poster that they carry into a new thread. Something you can't say for a lot of places, especially the one most of us escaped from.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This site started as a small group that loved to BS about our team. It didn't start when we were some winning juggernaut of a team either. But Paulie wanted a different type of site. A site for fans to share their love of the Rams. A site for fans to share stories about being Rams fans and their experiences as Rams fans. A site where we felt like friends sharing a beer and talking about whatever with the core being about the Rams. And this is our charge as a community to preserve the intent and goals of this site.

It may seem odd to some but I have felt that I have forged real friendships on this site due to the very nature of what it was created to be. This has been truly born out when I have met some of you. Our trip to Florida for example was actually made one of my wife and my favorite vacations ever through meeting the likes of Selassie, Ramrasta, BigRamFan, LesBaker, Rhody, Dog, Iced, Mac, their spouses and a couple others. I spent time with some of you at the game and others we went out partying with and/or for dinner and drinks.

I realize it has become more difficult to maintain this culture as the site has grown but I want people to realize and think about it as they interact.

This is not to say that you cannot debate what is going wrong with the team. There is plenty to discuss there and don't think any of us are blind to it.

It's just that this site was created by a person and perpetuated by members who wanted the same as he. We didn't want to hang out in yet another place where terms like "realist" were a defense and homer was a criticism. We have always been unabashed homers.

So when you feel the need to spew about how someone sucks or can't see the things that are obvious to you or what have you. Don't think you are offering an enlightening perspective. If instead you want to discuss how and why you would like to see this or that happen or would have done x instead of y or would like to see someone in particular as coach or player and have something to back it up besides - "so and so sucks", please bring it.

Lively debate is great. A culture of negativity is not what we are into and never have been. So don't act all put off or offended because someone tries to squelch that mindset HERE. Instead, try to come up with actual discussion and real ideas.

I have said it all too often. If this site pushes to be too positive for you, then there are plenty of other places to post.

Go RAMS!!!

Maybe it would be a more positive and functional community if it weren't anonymous. No offense to any toes I might have stepped on by saying that, anonymously.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I love ROD.

Rams are about to be crushed for weeks on end. It is what it is. Until Rams choose the better QB, we're dead.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
This site started as a small group that loved to BS about our team. It didn't start when we were some winning juggernaut of a team either. But Paulie wanted a different type of site. A site for fans to share their love of the Rams. A site for fans to share stories about being Rams fans and their experiences as Rams fans. A site where we felt like friends sharing a beer and talking about whatever with the core being about the Rams. And this is our charge as a community to preserve the intent and goals of this site.

It may seem odd to some but I have felt that I have forged real friendships on this site due to the very nature of what it was created to be. This has been truly born out when I have met some of you. Our trip to Florida for example was actually made one of my wife and my favorite vacations ever through meeting the likes of Selassie, Ramrasta, BigRamFan, LesBaker, Rhody, Dog, Iced, Mac, their spouses and a couple others. I spent time with some of you at the game and others we went out partying with and/or for dinner and drinks.

I realize it has become more difficult to maintain this culture as the site has grown but I want people to realize and think about it as they interact.

This is not to say that you cannot debate what is going wrong with the team. There is plenty to discuss there and don't think any of us are blind to it.

It's just that this site was created by a person and perpetuated by members who wanted the same as he. We didn't want to hang out in yet another place where terms like "realist" were a defense and homer was a criticism. We have always been unabashed homers.

So when you feel the need to spew about how someone sucks or can't see the things that are obvious to you or what have you. Don't think you are offering an enlightening perspective. If instead you want to discuss how and why you would like to see this or that happen or would have done x instead of y or would like to see someone in particular as coach or player and have something to back it up besides - "so and so sucks", please bring it.

Lively debate is great. A culture of negativity is not what we are into and never have been. So don't act all put off or offended because someone tries to squelch that mindset HERE. Instead, try to come up with actual discussion and real ideas.

I have said it all too often. If this site pushes to be too positive for you, then there are plenty of other places to post.

Go RAMS!!!
I think I'll leave it, good post btw...
anybody know of any other decent sites out there forum style not named the PD?
God speed to you all and take care and GO RAMS

Alan

Legend
The Rammer leaving us for browner pastures:
I think I'll leave it
The Huddle is back up if you're serious. I've heard zn has mellowed considerably.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Maybe it would be a more positive and functional community if it weren't anonymous. No offense to any toes I might have stepped on by saying that, anonymously.

Actually that may be the way the internet is heading eventually. I'm all for it. (y)

Truly sorry to see you go. Come back any time.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Pretty sure your definition of "decent" and mine wouldn't BE the same , so good luck.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I love ROD.

Rams are about to be crushed for weeks on end. It is what it is. Until Rams choose the better QB, we're dead.

Still think that?,I say we can be 4-5 going home to play Manning and the Broncos ,a team that is in the midst of a three game road trip ending here,I won't predict we end up 5-5, but I think we could so I don't think your summation is any more sure than us being 5-5.
Manning and Palmer are both QB's who our pass rush can get to. EVEN Brockers got a sack yesterday,Chris Long should be back for Denver