ROD arm chair GM 1st Rd Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Houston Texans pick #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
FA is by and large in the books in terms of the big names and fat contracts so...lets run down the entire first round using a poll for each pick. I'll try to include as many player options as possible(realistic options) and add an "other" option if your player isn't listed. I think 24 to 36 hours should be a good time frame to let each pick stand for voting and any comments for each pick. I will stay on top of it fellas,i'm unemployed at the moment(and loving it btw). Lets have fun with it.

There will be no trades,as that becomes tedious and complicates things when using this method. I will start each thread with the updated results of the picks we've already made.

You're the GM of each team. This is basically a way for everyone to use their own "big board" and make the picks for each team based upon their needs and the BPA...and the majority vote will be the final word for each pick. Then we'll move on to the next pick. Your choices are public,so we can look back on it later and either give you shit or kudos.
Sounds complicated but its not. Trust me (y)
If i could post more choices i would,but the max allowed is 10 per poll.
Any questions?

Ok ROD's, the Houston Texans are on the clock
th

You are the GM. Who do you draft?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Bortles. I rate him and Bridgewater about the same, personally, but Bortles gets the edge because of Bridgewater not participating in the Combine. Either way, if I were the Texans, I'd take either him or Bridgewater.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Early lead for Bortles.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Bridgewater.

Bortles has got some press lately and that has seen him mentioned as a potential No. 1 pick but it is a big gamble to spend the 1st pick on someone with 'upside'. I think they hi with the 'safer' option and stuck with TB.

paceram

Pro Bowler
This is one time I really hope I am wrong and the majority is right! I really hope Bortles (or, any of the QB's) goes #1 so Clowney will be available to the Rams at #2! I am still not sure if I want the Rams to pick Clowney, Robinson (right now, I am leaning toward Robinson but it is a very, very close call between him, Clowney & Watkins!) or Watkins but I think the Rams might have more trade possibilities if Clowney is available at #2. There will be some teams (Falcons?) that will probably be interested in trading up for Clowney and with Bortles (or, any other QB) gone that could make it more competitive for teams needing/wanting a QB for the next available QB (A win/win situation for the Rams!)!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
bump:
Need more votes my friends. Where are the resident draft guru's? :whistle:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Teddy Bridgewater. I then see OAK trading up to #2 taking Bortles. At #5 well....

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
HOU needs a QB and I think Bortles is the one with the most long term promise. Bortles it is.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I'd gamble on Manziel. Johnny Football will put butts in Texas seats.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Go with Bortles. Big, powerful, motivated, mobile, smart, confident, competitive, team player, winner, and franchise QB. Simple.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I do think it's a coin flip between Clowney and Bortles right now. I'll give the edge to Bortles on this one.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Last quick bump before we move on to pick #2 and YOUR St Louis Rams.

iced

Top talent. Top value. Clowney.

Overdrafting a QB is almost always a mistake.

That's what they should do.

Probably not what they will do. All indications are "There's no way he's not drafting a QB #1" - Texans beat writer..

New headcoach is a QB Guru - he's gonna take the QB that best fits his idea of a future franchise qb and mold him into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.