ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
WHAAAAAAAT????? You betray me Dag!!!!!!:cry:

jk, Donald is a great pick. Think we can all agree this will give us the best front 4 in the NFL.

Steel curtain like? :cool:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not against these picks but that is a lot of attention and resources for the defensive line only.
Yeah, i'm sayin Donald at #13 is a better option then Clowney at #2. IMO. Not sure you understood my post. I'm not advocating drafting both.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Lol donald is a great pick my friend, just have been in pryors wagon since the beginning of the season. Not easy to get off. I do this every year with at least one player lol. Last year it was Allen, swearinger/rambo and barrett jones. So didnt miss to badly i guess. Though Swearinger hasnt been great, he has been OK. Rambo has been crap. And word is still out on Jones. Allen is a stud though.

Jones will come thru for us.. Fear not..

A55VA6

Legend
Updated
  1. Tampa Bay - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
  2. St. Louis - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  3. Jacksonville - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
  4. Cleveland - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
  5. Oakland - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
  6. Atlanta - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
  7. Houston - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
  8. Minnesota - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
  9. Buffalo - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
  10. Detroit - Ha Ha Clinton - Dix, S, Alabama
  11. Tennessee - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
  12. New York Giants - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
  13. St. Louis - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
  14. Chicago - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
  15. Pittsburgh - @rafa is on the clock
  16. Dallas - Dr180
  17. Baltimore - 12intheBox
  18. New York Jets - Ramrasta
  19. Miami - Ramrocket
  20. Arizona - Mojo Ram
  21. Green Bay - A55VA6
  22. Philadelphia - Ramhusker
  23. Kansas City - duckhunter
  24. Cincinnati - duckhunter
  25. San Diego - RamFan503
  26. Cleveland - jsimcox
  27. New Orleans - Warner4Prez
  28. Carolina - MerlinJones
  29. New England - Tron
  30. San Francisco - Xander47
  31. Denver - siiimmons
  32. Seattle - chefRAMzy

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Not against these picks but that is a lot of attention and resources for the defensive line only.

Long 1st round pick
Quinn 1st round pick
Brockers 1st round pick
Donald 1st round pick

Donald was a 13 in the 1st for this mock.. Original 2nd 1st round pick was Robbie.. How do you get D only? Plus Jason Smith was a #1 pick back in the day...... Look at the players you have listed above and I'll take them any day over Jason Smith... A number one pick... Same with Tye Hill. The DL you have above looks pretty damn good to me brother. Peace. Jeff

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I love the idea of strengthening(and finishing) our starting four with Donald, and strengthening our DT roatation with Langford.
We're good at DE.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I love the idea of strengthening(and finishing) our starting four with Donald, and strengthening our DT roatation with Langford.
We're good at DE.
If you have a great DL and LB's, you can have a mediocre secondary.

crazyhorns

Rookie
Donald was a 13 in the 1st for this mock.. Original 2nd 1st round pick was Robbie.. How do you get D only? Plus Jason Smith was a #1 pick back in the day...... Look at the players you have listed above and I'll take them any day over Jason Smith... A number one pick... Same with Tye Hill. The DL you have above looks pretty damn good to me brother. Peace. Jeff

I guess I am confused by your response. I never said it was a bad choice only that a lot of attention and resources has been place on Defensive Line. I am a big fan of building a team around the trenches OL and DL. However, I also believe you have to have a balance book. If too much resource and money is invested on one unit then obviously, another unit is going to get short changed.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I guess I am confused by your response. I never said it was a bad choice only that a lot of attention and resources has been place on Defensive Line. I am a big fan of building a team around the trenches OL and DL. However, I also believe you have to have a balance book. If too much resource and money is invested on one unit then obviously, another unit is going to get short changed.
Who is getting short changed? Last I saw Bradford is taking a major hit to our cap?

crazyhorns

Rookie
Who is getting short changed? Last I saw Bradford is taking a major hit to our cap?

Why does everything go back to Bradford's contract. He is set to make 14 million this year. When you compare it to other starters in the league not part of the new CBA it's my opinion it's pretty much what you would expect to pay for him. So who is getting short. Lets look at the 1st round selections if we believe Donald will be selected that means both DT and DE will be 1st round selections. So who is getting short? Obviously, the secondary. We do not have a 1st round selection at CB or S positions? We do not have a Rams 1st round selection on the Offensive Line at this time. The Rams weakness last year was Oline, secondary play, and running back. All positions that the Rams do not have a 1st round selection yet they have 4 at the Defensive line position.

If your looking at money just wait a couple of years when contract comes up Quinn and Brockers with Long it will probably be the highest pay line in the league.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Why does everything go back to Bradford's contract. He is set to make 14 million this year. When you compare it to other starters in the league not part of the new CBA it's my opinion it's pretty much what you would expect to pay for him. So who is getting short. Lets look at the 1st round selections if we believe Donald will be selected that means both DT and DE will be 1st round selections. So who is getting short? Obviously, the secondary. We do not have a 1st round selection at CB or S positions? We do not have a Rams 1st round selection on the Offensive Line at this time. The Rams weakness last year was Oline, secondary play, and running back. All positions that the Rams do not have a 1st round selection yet they have 4 at the Defensive line position.

If your looking at money just wait a couple of years when contract comes up Quinn and Brockers with Long it will probably be the highest pay line in the league.

Didnt they take Robinson at #2? So we took o-line and d-line in the 1st. Not two d-line players.

crazyhorns

Rookie
Not sure if I made that suggestion but where did I say the Rams selected two defensive lineman?

Yes, if you go with this draft that will be correct.

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yes if you go with this draft that will be correct.

I didnt know if your post was going off this draft ot if it was going off the real one and we selected clowney and donald, thats why i ask, just confused a little is all.