ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think this thing has just about ran its course. I'm not sure we could complete another round anyways. After five rounds in the real draft, most teams are starting to take flyers on players anyways. Impressive that it looks like we are getting five complete rounds in the books. Way to go guys!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think this thing has just about ran its course. I'm not sure we could complete another round anyways. After five rounds in the real draft, most teams are starting to take flyers on players anyways. Impressive that it looks like we are getting five complete rounds in the books. Way to go guys!
Sad but true. I just think it's funny that after 4 rounds it fell apart. Especially considering how fast 3 and 4 both went!

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Probably a pipe dream I know but I was really hoping we could do the whole 7 rounds.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That was a good draft guys. Haven't been keeping track of it this last round, but I really enjoyed it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Probably a pipe dream I know but I was really hoping we could do the whole 7 rounds.
It ain't over til it's over but doubtful we finish in time. I'm no way advocating we quit just stating what seems to be the obvious.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We could just skip this pick and keep moving. Shorten the time limit.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Da 'Aints will select OG Russel Bodine, North Carolina

They're hurting at C, which we addressed already, and pretty thin behind their handsomely paid guards Jahri Evans and Ben Grubbs. Interior depth is a big need.

Alan

Legend
Here are my thoughts on this.
Limit the GMs to ROD fanatics because we're always on this site every day. Might require participants to pick for multiple teams or require some GMs to PM their top 5 picks (or top 10 to be sure) to me (or someone else) so that I can pick for them if they can't make their window.

2. No trades of picks in different years. Giving up a 1st round pick in next year's draft means nothing to you if you aren't the GM of that team next year.

3. No trades between teams with the same GM. In other words, no farm/minor league teams.

4. Include all the compensatory picks.

5. Full seven rounds.

6. Pick two draft windows of 4 hours each. One window (A) in the day and one window (B) in the evening. Picks must be made during those windows or the next team is on the clock. A missed pick can still be made at anytime afterwards even if another team is on the clock using the remaining players.

7. GMs must agree to be available during one of those windows or PM me their top choices. GMs can pick in either window or between windows but must be available in their chosen window or use the PM.

8. Divide each round into two parts. The top (A) and bottom (B) half of each round so that all the GMs in the A window will be on in the same time frame and all the GMs in the B window will be on in the same time frame. Fanatics who are on and off all day long can have teams in both windows.

9. Trades to a team in a different window requires both trade GMs to be available in the window for that new pick or PM me their choices.

I think we can complete a whole draft in less than 2 weeks with these rules.

Your thoughts?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Siiimmons and the Colts want a DB so any suggestions for him? We'll give him BPA @ DB and keep going right?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How about Nat Berhe, SS, SDST for the Colts and Siiimmons?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@Alan - I like your ideas. Good stuff. I think that if we were to stick to #'s 1, 2 and 3 we'd be golden. ESPECIALLY number one.

@Ramhusker - I like little Nat. I do think the 5th rd is too high, but whatever...anything to move this along i suppose. :)

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram with his thoughts:
I like your ideas. Good stuff. I think that if we were to stick to #'s 1, 2 and 3 we'd be golden. ESPECIALLY number one.
I added some of the other stuff for two reasons:

The most important being letting the maximum amount of posters join the fun. Sure, you and I could finish one in a day. :LOL: Having two windows would mean that posters would only have to check in for short periods every day. Most of our posters could manage that. Having to be available for most of the day and night is probably a hardship for those who actually have a life. :cry:

Some of the other things were to take care of minor issues like not getting your pick in on time.

Everyone should think about it and suggest tweaks or additions. We have a year so no one needs to come up with something immediately. Think about it for a day or two. That includes posters who weren't able to play this year. All suggestions are good and we'll vote on each of them. :)

I'll save this (plus any changes or additions) until next year and we'll look at it again.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I guess this is done and dusted!!

Still a pretty good effort by everyone. Thanks for the thrills guys. I really enjoyed this despite the occasional delays.