ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Houston taking Clowney does kind of muck things up for the Rams, you think?
I'm not sure, really. There are more elite players than just Clowney. I think both Tackles are elite, and a coupe of other guys. There are a lot of really good players, and that starts at around 5, and need might force that to 9 or 10, but no lower, in my book.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure, really. There are more elite players than just Clowney. I think both Tackles are elite, and a coupe of other guys. There are a lot of really good players, and that starts at around 5, and need might force that to 9 or 10, but no lower, in my book.

I guess muck up in the sense that Atlanta probably no longer wishes to trade up. Unless someone wants to ensure they get THEIR QB I dont see any of the next 2-3 teams moving up.

Clowney going number one might force the Rams to pick at two.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I guess muck up in the sense that Atlanta probably no longer wishes to trade up. Unless someone wants to ensure they get THEIR QB I dont see any of the next 2-3 teams moving up.

Clowney going number one might force the Rams to pick at two.
It might, but...who knows. We will get better in this draft, but I want Robinson, or Matthews. I think they would make the most immediate, and long term impact. Very deep draft though, so I can see it going many ways. Maybe even a QB can sneak in there, who knows, too bad they don't seem as coveted.

crazyhorns

Rookie
It might, but...who knows. We will get better in this draft, but I want Robinson, or Matthews. I think they would make the most immediate, and long term impact. Very deep draft though, so I can see it going many ways. Maybe even a QB can sneak in there, who knows, too bad they don't seem as coveted.

Yes I want Robinson or Matthews with a trade down to 3, 4, or 5. With Clowney gone we have to see if the Jags, Browns, or Raiders are willing to leap up to get their guy or not? For some reason I believe the Browns are going to move up to get their guy? Not sure if its a QB or a WR but I think the 4th and 26th pick will served up and the Rams will have no problems taking the offer.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I got no trade offers, so I will pick

With the 2nd pick in the 2014 draft, the St. Louis Rams select, Greg Robinson, Tackle, Auburn.

Jacksonville is now on the clock

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I got no trade offers, so I will pick

With the 2nd pick in the 2014 draft, the St. Louis Rams select, Greg Robinson, Tackle, Auburn.

Jacksonville is now on the clock

OH MY GOD!!! What the hell were you thinking?!!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Seriously though, I'd be happy with that

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gee. You guys might want to start all over.
That opening trade is perhaps the most unrealistic trade I've even seen. Even in a mock draft.:eek:

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Didn't Mike Ditka trade his entire draft to pick Ricky Williams? It's not a good idea, but if an organization really wants a player crazy trades can happen.

crazyhorns

Rookie
Didn't Mike Ditka trade his entire draft to pick Ricky Williams? It's not a good idea, but if an organization really wants a player crazy trades can happen.

Yes they can. But that is an exception to the rule. Seems most GM's and coaches have learned when you make these block buster deals they tend to jeopardize your future with the team. Look at the trade how did it work out for Ditka? Look at the RG 3 trade how did that work out for the HC?

Tampa just lost a HOF corner and the QB position is still in transition and what about the wide receiver position? They gave away so much to move up for Clowney and now the cub bard is bare.

I think this trade should be voided. It was a one person trade. No check and balance in this transition. The guy had Houston and Tampa's pick who interest did he have when making this trade?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think this trade should be voided. It was a one person trade. No check and balance in this transition. The guy had Houston and Tampa's pick who interest did he have when making this trade?

What are you talking about? DYVKX is GM of the Buc's, I am GM of the Texans. He made a trade offer, I accepted it.

crazyhorns

Rookie
My fault I thought you had both teams when I looked at it the other day. My fault if that is the case then I would have done the same in your position.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
My fault I thought you had both teams when I looked at it the other day. My fault if that is the case then I would have done the same in your position.

It's all good. Btw, are you the same crazyhorns from ClanRam?

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Yes they can. But that is an exception to the rule. Seems most GM's and coaches have learned when you make these block buster deals they tend to jeopardize your future with the team. Look at the trade how did it work out for Ditka? Look at the RG 3 trade how did that work out for the HC?

Tampa just lost a HOF corner and the QB position is still in transition and what about the wide receiver position? They gave away so much to move up for Clowney and now the cub bard is bare.

I totally agree with you. These type of trades usually don't work out well for the team giving up the most, no doubt about it. That being said, it's his team. If he believes Clowney is worth that much he's got every right to pay it. No need to talk about voiding trades.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
With the 3rd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Blake Bortles, QB, University of Central Florida

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do me a favor.. i am at work so I can't keep updating this list..

After the poster has made their selection how about updating and posting a new list.. Also please tag the next person so they know they are on the clock

A55VA6

Legend
  1. Tampa Bay - Jadeveon Clowney
  2. St. Louis - Greg Robinson
  3. Jacksonville - Blake Bortles
  4. Cleveland - [COLOR=#0000ff]@jsimcox[/COLOR] is on the clock
  5. Oakland - MerlinJones
  6. Atlanta - Max
  7. Houston - Tron
  8. Minnesota - HE WITH HORNS
  9. Buffalo - A55VA6
  10. Detroit - Rams Until I Die