Roc's Sloppy, Defensive Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The O-line and D should be set, and we have 2 first-rounders next year as insurance for Bradford and the WRs. I like Carrethers (330lbs) as a late-round run-stuffer (apparently he dropped 25 lbs before this season :wow:). I got logged out before I could finish.

Round 1 Pick 10 (DET): Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 13: Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 10 (DET): Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (A-)
Round 2 Pick 13: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A-)
Round 3 Pick 13: Keith McGill, CB, Utah (B)
Round 4 Pick 13: Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (A)
Round 5 Pick 13: Ryan Carrethers, DT, Arkansas State (B+)
Round 6 Pick 13
Round 7 Pick 13

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick (DET)
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I could certainly live with that draft, although I will be shocked if G. Robinson lasts until the 10th pick. I may try to grab a FS in FA though and take D. Dennard instead of Clinton-Dix.

I am so conflicted about this draft however. Part of me REALLY wants us to select S. Watkins with our 1st selection, ideally in a trade down scenario.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could certainly live with that draft, although I will be shocked if G. Robinson lasts until the 10th pick. I may try to grab a FS in FA though and take D. Dennard instead of Clinton-Dix.

I am so conflicted about this draft however. Part of me REALLY wants us to select S. Watkins with our 1st selection, ideally in a trade down scenario.

In this mock, Detroit was the only team that offered me a trade, and they picked Watkins at #2. I was hoping to get Dennard, but he was taken at #11 or #12. No Rah-Rah players, but the O-line should flat out maul for Stacy, especially if we keep Saffold.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Now I get it. Agreed, that would be a stout OL and just what we need to get to the promised land, IMO.

Wait, DET took Watkins?! How much do you think it would jump start his career to line up opposite C. Johnson?!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I would personally be ecstatic if they pulled that off, and if they went that route, the entire offensive line would improve dramatically.

I would be surprised if Robinson made it to 10, but if he did, we would be absolutely crazy not to take him. In that scenario the alternatives at 10th are a bit of a toss up to me. If Dennard were around at CB, I would jump on that pick. And if not, I really like Khalil Mack if they went with a line backer, I just think that he'd be a great addition to the front seven.

Dennard and Clinton-Dix would be shore up the defense nicely.

I also think I'd take both Su'a-Filo and Richardson in the second round. Those two plus Robinson would make the offensive line a force to be reckoned with.

Carrathers would be an excellent way to add depth at DT, I really like that pick.

No matter how it plays out though, there are so many winning scenarios for the Rams in this draft.