Rocky McIntosh to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rocky McIntosh LB WAS

2 Hrs Washington Redskins

The Rams would like to get free agent LB Rocky McIntosh under contract "relatively quickly," according to the Post-Dispatch.

McIntosh worked out for head coach Jeff Fisher Wednesday morning, and the coach liked what he saw. Considering McIntosh has been on the street all offseason, a contract should be easy to hammer out. He could push Jo-Lonn Dunbar or Mario Haggan for a starting role at outside linebacker in Fisher's 4-3 scheme.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wanted to see this guy get signed earlier. He had a great seasons in a 4-3 D.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Isn't McIntosh this dude's last name?

Rocky_300-1-.gif

Rams4life

Re: Rocky McIntosh signs

Liz Mullen ‏@SBJLizMullen

The Rams signed free agent LB Rocky McIntosh and the Texans signed free agent FB Moran Norris to one year deals. #NFL
Retweeted by TurfShowTimes

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This is about the best thing the Rams could have done with their remaining roster spot. Now they have 90 no? And not so light on LBs any more. How old is Rocky by the way? He's got a couple of good years left in him I believe.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ramhusker said:
This is about the best thing the Rams could have done with their remaining roster spot. Now they have 90 no? And not so light on LBs any more. How old is Rocky by the way? He's got a couple of good years left in him I believe.

Twenty-nine years old. Younger than Haggan, actually. And he's only gone on IR once (in 2007, after playing 14 games), so he's fairly durable.

I love this move. No offense meant to Dunbar or Haggan, but McIntosh is simply better than both of them. The guy is a tackling machine who will occassionally get sacks and interceptions. Oh, and he's from The U, so X will probably love this move.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Memento said:
Ramhusker said:

Twenty-nine years old. Younger than Haggan, actually. And he's only gone on IR once (in 2007, after playing 14 games), so he's fairly durable.

I love this move. No offense meant to Dunbar or Haggan, but McIntosh is simply better than both of them. The guy is a tackling machine who will occassionally get sacks and interceptions. Oh, and he's from The U, so X will probably love this move.
I know i do! The mentality that the players coming from Miami have, every team should have a few hurricanes on their roster.

thomas

UDFA
Memento said:
Ramhusker said:

Been hoping for this.. Sweet!! :cool:

Memento

Name
Jemma
thomas said:
Memento said:
Ramhusker said:

Welcome to the forums, Thomas. I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

:cheese:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure how I missed this. GREAT signing IMO. I have watched him play since he has been with the Skins and he has really good lateral movement and seems to be in on every play. Surprised he was on the street this long.....

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
Not sure how I missed this. GREAT signing IMO. I have watched him play since he has been with the Skins and he has really good lateral movement and seems to be in on every play. Surprised he was on the street this long.....

I suspect he comes across as a little bristly. Not saying he's anything Fisher can't handle...but, he's a complainer, a bit.

Anyway, he was in WASH when Gregg Williams was the DC (which I'm sure most everyone knows.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-who-wont-be-on-the-market-much-longer/page/9

It's rather interesting to see Rocky McIntosh still available, but it doesn't surprise me that teams like the New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins are all interested in his services.

McIntosh is just 29 years old and still can bring a lot to the table. However, some might question how much he can contribute, as he was benched following his struggles against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 9 with the Washington Redskins.

Despite those struggles, McIntosh does deserve to earn an audition somewhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ertain-future/2012/01/02/gIQAXOVUXP_blog.html

01/03/2012
Rocky McIntosh faces uncertain future
By Rick Maese

London Fletcher finished the season as the NFL’s leading tackler. But through six games — more than one-third of the way through the season — he wasn’t even leading the Redskins. Fellow inside linebacker Rocky McIntosh was. Yet now, less than three months later, McIntosh’s future in Washington appears to be in doubt.

McIntosh was benched midway through the season and wasn’t even active for the season finale at Philadelphia.

After six seasons in Washington, McIntosh will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and seems aware that a change of scenery might be inevitable.

“Whatever team I’m on, I just want to make sure they have a commitment to me, they believe in me,” McIntosh said. “No more of these silly games — ‘This guy is playing, this guy’s not performing.’ Six years here, you can go back to all the linebackers here, I think my stats are either close or beyond them, whether they’ve been here the same period or not. I got 100 tackles each year, I’ve made interceptions, I played special teams, blah blah blah. But still, I get little articles every now and then, ‘Rocky’s struggling.’ It’s just really funny to me.”

McIntosh was replaced with Perry Riley following the team’s loss to San Francisco on Nov. 6. In that game, McIntosh was beat for a 30-yard touchdown catch by Bruce Miller late in the first half. For the remainder of the season, most of his playing time came on special teams.

“Four or five games I was out there balling. One game — one play — I mess up,” he said. “It’s just like Carlos [Rogers] said, everything gets out of whack if you mess up once around here.

“When a lot of guys leave here and they start saying things, most of it’s pretty true,” McIntosh continued. “But as far as me, I don’t do unto others like they do to me. I’m just always going to be a part of the team. I always do what I need to to help my team succeed because that’s what’s going to work. I’m never going to go out there and blast you in the newspaper or do anything like that. I think that just breaks up the team.

McIntosh wasn’t active in Sunday’s loss at Philadelphia. According to an ESPN 980 report citing unnamed sources, McIntosh missed curfew the night before the game. Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said, “I’m not saying it’s true or not true.”

“I don’t go through that,” he said, “but obviously, Rocky didn’t dress for the game and there was a reason for it. But I don’t go through why.”

McIntosh was interviewed for this story prior to the radio report and was not available to comment on the allegation.

Regardless of whether the Redskins want him back, McIntosh will be able to test the market. The way McIntosh views it, he was twice a victim of last year’s labor strife. The first year he was scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent — following the 2009 season — terms of the expired collective bargaining agreement instead kept him restricted. And last season, he said many teams opted to sign their own players rather than add free agents who might not have enough time to learn new systems. Last summer McIntosh signed a one-year contract with Washington for $1.25 million in addition to $1.75 million in bonus money.

“You only get a small window. You only can play football for so long,” he said. “You just got to try to make the best of your opportunities. That’s all I’m looking for next year.”

McIntosh was the Redskins’ second-round draft pick in 2006. Since then, he started 69 games for the Redskins, lining up alongside Fletcher. He played under three defensive coordinators and three head coaches and said he’ll reflect on the past two years with “mixed feelings.”

“Switching to another system, switching to another coaching staff — stuff like that, whether I’ve been in or out, it’s kind of been the same records and stuff,” he said. “It’s kind of hard. But as a teammate of this team, I’m always willing to do what I need to do. I don’t question the higher-ups usually, just try to go out there and give my best effort.”

Memento

Name
Jemma
zn said:
I suspect he comes across as a little bristly. Not saying he's anything Fisher can't handle...but, he's a complainer, a bit.

Anyway, he was in WASH when Gregg Williams was the DC (which I'm sure most everyone knows.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-who-wont-be-on-the-market-much-longer/page/9

It's rather interesting to see Rocky McIntosh still available, but it doesn't surprise me that teams like the New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins are all interested in his services.

McIntosh is just 29 years old and still can bring a lot to the table. However, some might question how much he can contribute, as he was benched following his struggles against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 9 with the Washington Redskins.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ertain-future/2012/01/02/gIQAXOVUXP_blog.html

01/03/2012
By Rick Maese

London Fletcher finished the season as the NFL’s leading tackler. But through six games — more than one-third of the way through the season — he wasn’t even leading the Redskins. Fellow inside linebacker Rocky McIntosh was. Yet now, less than three months later, McIntosh’s future in Washington appears to be in doubt.

McIntosh was benched midway through the season and wasn’t even active for the season finale at Philadelphia.

After six seasons in Washington, McIntosh will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and seems aware that a change of scenery might be inevitable.

“Whatever team I’m on, I just want to make sure they have a commitment to me, they believe in me,” McIntosh said. “No more of these silly games — ‘This guy is playing, this guy’s not performing.’ Six years here, you can go back to all the linebackers here, I think my stats are either close or beyond them, whether they’ve been here the same period or not. I got 100 tackles each year, I’ve made interceptions, I played special teams, blah blah blah. But still, I get little articles every now and then, ‘Rocky’s struggling.’ It’s just really funny to me.”

McIntosh was replaced with Perry Riley following the team’s loss to San Francisco on Nov. 6. In that game, McIntosh was beat for a 30-yard touchdown catch by Bruce Miller late in the first half. For the remainder of the season, most of his playing time came on special teams.

“Four or five games I was out there balling. One game — one play — I mess up,” he said. “It’s just like Carlos [Rogers] said, everything gets out of whack if you mess up once around here.

“When a lot of guys leave here and they start saying things, most of it’s pretty true,” McIntosh continued. “But as far as me, I don’t do unto others like they do to me. I’m just always going to be a part of the team. I always do what I need to to help my team succeed because that’s what’s going to work. I’m never going to go out there and blast you in the newspaper or do anything like that. I think that just breaks up the team.

McIntosh wasn’t active in Sunday’s loss at Philadelphia. According to an ESPN 980 report citing unnamed sources, McIntosh missed curfew the night before the game. Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said, “I’m not saying it’s true or not true.”

“I don’t go through that,” he said, “but obviously, Rocky didn’t dress for the game and there was a reason for it. But I don’t go through why.”

McIntosh was interviewed for this story prior to the radio report and was not available to comment on the allegation.

Regardless of whether the Redskins want him back, McIntosh will be able to test the market. The way McIntosh views it, he was twice a victim of last year’s labor strife. The first year he was scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent — following the 2009 season — terms of the expired collective bargaining agreement instead kept him restricted. And last season, he said many teams opted to sign their own players rather than add free agents who might not have enough time to learn new systems. Last summer McIntosh signed a one-year contract with Washington for $1.25 million in addition to $1.75 million in bonus money.

“You only get a small window. You only can play football for so long,” he said. “You just got to try to make the best of your opportunities. That’s all I’m looking for next year.”

McIntosh was the Redskins’ second-round draft pick in 2006. Since then, he started 69 games for the Redskins, lining up alongside Fletcher. He played under three defensive coordinators and three head coaches and said he’ll reflect on the past two years with “mixed feelings.”

“Switching to another system, switching to another coaching staff — stuff like that, whether I’ve been in or out, it’s kind of been the same records and stuff,” he said. “It’s kind of hard. But as a teammate of this team, I’m always willing to do what I need to do. I don’t question the higher-ups usually, just try to go out there and give my best effort.”

Can you blame him for saying that he occassionally questioned what the Redskins are doing? Hell, Carlos Rogers finally went to a competent, stable system, and he put up a Pro Bowl year. Imagine what McIntosh could do for us. And the guy is right about racking up a ton of tackles.

All I'm saying is to look at the situation he's in before immediately saying that he's a complainer. As I recall, even standup guys like Andre Carter were genuinely frustrated with the direction - or lack thereof - that the Redskins were going.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Memento said:
All I'm saying is to look at the situation he's in before immediately saying that he's a complainer. As I recall, even standup guys like Andre Carter were genuinely frustrated with the direction - or lack thereof - that the Redskins were going.

Let's just hope that continues for another two years. Those two first rounders are likely going to be huge for the future of this team.

Anonymous

Memento said:
zn said:

01/03/2012
By Rick Maese

Can you blame him for saying that he occassionally questioned what the Redskins are doing? Hell, Carlos Rogers finally went to a competent, stable system, and he put up a Pro Bowl year. Imagine what McIntosh could do for us. And the guy is right about racking up a ton of tackles.

I think the situation he was in was that he got benched in favor of another player. Now that can happen, and it can happen unfairly in fact. But it happens.

On Mackintosh...well, maybe he can do something for the Rams, maybe not. We'll see. If he can I will be glad. If he can't I will just salute the team for trying anyway. Meanwhile I don't automatically buy his own view that he was a victim. I don't even know why, exactly. It's just a little bit of skepticism.

thomas

UDFA
Memento said:
thomas said:
Memento said:
Ramhusker said:

Welcome to the forums, Thomas. I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

:cheese:
Thanks, looking forward to it.