Rock guitarists......your opinion on greatest ever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Clapton.
Technically perfect and he doesn't jump around like his ass is on fire and his head is catching. He personally steps back from the music and lets his guitar play stand on it's own.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yamahopper said:
Clapton.
Technically perfect and he doesn't jump around like his ass is on fire and his head is catching. He personally steps back from the music and lets his guitar play stand on it's own.
Agree Knopfler same way,they are two of my favorites, my point is even IF I don't like their music,saying any of them is "over rated" is a backhanded insult to the taste of people who do.

My kids are in a "the Beetles are over rated " PHASE right now, I know it's as much personal ," your music sucks" taunting as anything ,about the ONLY thing they CAN agree on is rebellion.

SO forgive my "over reaction" to the "over rated"

had

Rookie
I kind of glanced through the posts -- didn't see anybody mention John Frusciante, the Chili Peppers guitarist. That guy is super talented, I think.

Jimmy Page. I remember the first time I heard Black Dog. I will always remember that.

What about Jack White. That kid has chops galore. And can write great lyrics.

Does anybody here play? Man I suck at guitar. It's crazy bad.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
had said:
I kind of glanced through the posts -- didn't see anybody mention John Frusciante, the Chili Peppers guitarist. That guy is super talented, I think.

Jimmy Page. I remember the first time I heard Black Dog. I will always remember that.

What about Jack White. That kid has chops galore. And can write great lyrics.

Does anybody here play? Man I suck at guitar. It's crazy bad.

I like John Frusciante a lot. His recording of Lyon 6.6.06 is probably my favorite instrumental song of all time. He can flat out shred and that song just wrenches the chords of the soul. Its great stuff. Not sure I put him at the top of all time best tho

If you like Jake White and Jimmy Page, you have to watch "It Might Get Loud". It's kind of a documentary that follows Jimmy, Jack, and the Edge(who Im not a huge fan of). Shows them all playing a bunch of music, even jamming together. I was always a fan of Jack White, but that movie increase my respect for him 10-fold. Dudes a stud.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnlssOZlanA[/youtube]

had

Rookie
libertadrocks said:
I like John Frusciante a lot. His recording of Lyon 6.6.06 is probably my favorite instrumental song of all time. He can flat out shred and that song just wrenches the chords of the soul. Its great stuff. Not sure I put him at the top of all time best tho

If you like Jake White and Jimmy Page, you have to watch "It Might Get Loud". It's kind of a documentary that follows Jimmy, Jack, and the Edge(who Im not a huge fan of). Shows them all playing a bunch of music, even jamming together. I was always a fan of Jack White, but that movie increase my respect for him 10-fold. Dudes a stud.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnlssOZlanA[/youtube]

Thanks for the video, libertadrocks. There's this song, Strip My Mind, by the Peppers, and Frusciante has a solo on it, nothing extravagant, but, as you said, it wrenches the chords of the soul. At least my soul, whatever that might be.