Robinson/Westbrooks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious if Greg Robinson and/or Ethan Westbrooks got in the game yesterday. I was really hoping they would both get some playing time.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
Going by memory here, I saw westbrooks (if he wears number 93) early in the game, didn't pay attention later on. Robinson on the other hand was MIA on offense, which is probably good cause it means the offensive line stayed healthy during an entire game! I didn't watch whether he played on special teams snaps of some sort

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It would have been nice on the final drive for the Rams when they knew they were going to run it 3 times to put Robinson in there. He could have moved some defenders off the line of scrimmage and maybe got us some more yards

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It would have been nice on the final drive for the Rams when they knew they were going to run it 3 times to put Robinson in there. He could have moved some defenders off the line of scrimmage and maybe got us some more yards

I'd love to see him in on some goal line packages - like JJ Watt was for Houston yesterday!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would have loved to see Robinson play but Davin Joseph picked up his game a bit from the last outing. However, the Bucs defensive line was depleted so I would have expected a decent performance. In my mind, Robinson still brings more to the table than Joseph ever will and I really want him in the lineup.

On a side note, Scott Wells was looking terrible at times. Would Barrett Jones be a viable option this season?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I would have loved to see Robinson play but Davin Joseph picked up his game a bit from the last outing. However, the Bucs defensive line was depleted so I would have expected a decent performance. In my mind, Robinson still brings more to the table than Joseph ever will and I really want him in the lineup.

On a side note, Scott Wells was looking terrible at times. Would Barrett Jones be a viable option this season?

He's injured, so even if we wanted him to play he couldn't.

To the thread, As far as Westbrooks goes, he looked good from what I saw, his get off is insanely quick. He didn't make that big of an impact but I didn't see him get too many snaps.

Robinson didn't play offensive line as far I know.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I had high hopes for Jones so I certainly hope he is an option sometime in the future!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Rams finally unleashed the 6 OL jumbo package, but GRob was not the 6th lineman in - Barnes was.

He must be really fighting it right now. I still say he cracks the starting lineup and never looks back coming off of the bye.

Westbrooks did see snaps and was very fast off of the ball - I expect to see more of him.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams finally unleashed the 6 OL jumbo package, but GRob was not the 6th lineman in - Barnes was.

He must be really fighting it right now. I still say he cracks the starting lineup and never looks back coming off of the bye.

Westbrooks did see snaps and was very fast off of the ball - I expect to see more of him.

Good to hear about Westbrooks getting in the game but still very disappointing news about Robinson! But, I agree with you that Robinson will eventually get in the lineup and will be a very good OL for the Rams for many years!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I thought the O-line played pretty well yesterday. The only player that had me yelling at the TV at all yesterday was Scott Wells a couple times...particularly when it he snapped the ball and it didn't look like Davis knew it was coming.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I thought the O-line played pretty well yesterday. The only player that had me yelling at the TV at all yesterday was Scott Wells a couple times...particularly when it he snapped the ball and it didn't look like Davis knew it was coming.
and we know that was Wells' fault? or maybe a rookie QB signalling for a silent snap, and then getting caught up in trying to move the motion guy and not paying attention.

jap

Legend

I expect Gregzilla to be in there after the bye myself. You have to get your future LT his regular season reps, even if he starts out at LG---especially since Big Bad Jake may not be here after this season.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The snap snafu could have been on the QB but Wells struggled.
probably doesnt help they havent spent much time together as center/ qb either. remember wells didnt play much in the preseason.