Robinson took #79 and other rookie numbers....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
Since Van Dyk took 66 he is also projected as a guard?

PhxRam

screenshot_328.png

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How cool would it have been if Sam picked 69 instead of 96.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Why didn't Gaines get 31? Alexander got it. I guess because he's a higher draft pick...but still.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I like 27 for Mason and #5 is my 3rd favorite QB number. I wish Donald had 97 available

RamBill

Legend
Rams rookies get jersey numbers
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/8424/rams-rookies-get-jersey-numbers

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Reports over the weekend indicated that St. Louis Rams defensive end Michael Sam's jersey was the second-best seller on NFLShop.com.

On Tuesday morning, the Rams revealed what number will be on that jersey, along with the rest of their 11-man rookie class.

Sam will wear No. 96, a departure from his college number, 52. That number is taken by linebacker Alec Ogletree, a first-round pick in 2013.

Here is the complete rundown of numbers for the Rams' latest additions:

OT Greg Robinson -- 79

DT Aaron Donald -- 99

DB Lamarcus Joyner -- 20

RB Tre Mason -- 27

S Maurice Alexander -- 31

CB E.J. Gaines -- 33

QB Garrett Gilbert -- 5

OT Mitchell Van Dyk -- 66

S Christian Bryant -- 42

DE Michael Sam -- 96

C Demetrius Rhaney -- 65

From the group, only Joyner and Rhaney were able to retain their college numbers. Most of the other preferred numbers were already taken. For example, Robinson wore 73 at Auburn, but that number is taken by current Rams offensive lineman Mike Person.

Of course, some of these numbers could be subject to change as players are released in the preseason and before.