Robinson on 4th & goal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
yeah that's probably overkill....

No I really don't think so, he doesn't have the vision of last season, he can't see the holes, he tries and fails to run though D's - its just not working

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Looking at the play even more, Havenstein falls but some how manages to trip a guy ... Barnes is really the only one of the starting 5 OL that made an effective block on that play.

But it's GRob's fault ...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not at all. It's GRob's fault, Saffold's fault, Gurley's fault, and Boras' fault.

Well, the insinuation from the title is that it was GRob's fault. Intended or not, that's how it comes across. And as I said in another post here, Barnes is the only one of the starting 5 that made an effective block on that play.

…..

Legend
No I really don't think so, he doesn't have the vision of last season, he can't see the holes, he tries and fails to run though D's - its just not working

Just a hunch here but....do you think its possible that Gurley decided to take the shortest route to the goal line regardless of the play called because he'd lost confidence in the line after being bottled up the first 5 games?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't care much for a pulling guard with one foot to go . Too many big bodies to navigate around . I liked the fake dive bootleg with a pass option they ran earlier . Hindsight 20/20 again

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

Horrible blocking scheme all around on this play. Noticed G-Rob doesn't even "punch" with his hands. He looks to almost try a forearm shiver with his left arm on the guy. IMO, everyone blocks man and lead with Harkey. D-Line is taught to pinch hard to the inside gaps. Ugh what could have been. :banghead:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, the insinuation from the title is that it was GRob's fault. Intended or not, that's how it comes across. And as I said in another post here, Barnes is the only one of the starting 5 that made an effective block on that play.
I didn't make the title though. I copied it from another board.
I can see how it would be taken that way, but it was only an accounting of what Robinson did on the play.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Don't care much for a pulling guard with one foot to go . Too many big bodies to navigate around . I liked the fake dive bootleg with a pass option they ran earlier . Hindsight 20/20 again

Well someone managed to navigate directly past the guy who made the tackle LOL.

…..

Legend
He looks to almost try a forearm shiver with his left arm on the guy.

That's because he's just trying to get his guy to go right? Maybe he wasn't concerned...because the tackler was headed a direction that was AWAY from where Gurley was supposed to be?

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Another frustrating part about the play is that I believe that Boras picked the same exact play before the previous catch went under review so the Lions defense knew it was coming.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Just a hunch here but....do you think its possible that Gurley decided to take the shortest route to the goal line regardless of the play called because he'd lost confidence in the line after being bottled up the first 5 games?

there is no way in hell that play is designed to go middle. Both Saffold and GR are cut blocking to the middle. there has been numerous examples of Gurley missing holes this season so maybe the line has lost confidence in Gurley.

TexasRam

Legend
Personally I want helmet on helmet and QB keeper down the middle if I have 1 yard to make.

Or run the same play Keenum scored on earlier.

But never pull a guard in that situation.

Grob has plenty of blame the rest of the game. Like most every play.

I said it before the season started, Grob is not improved and will need to be benched by game 6.

Sue me. I was off by a few games because Fisher is stubborn or loyal or whatever it is.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
That's because he's just trying to get his guy to go right? Maybe he wasn't concerned...because the tackler was headed a direction that was AWAY from where Gurley was supposed to be?
My point being he didn't even try to punch with his hands. Even if he wanted to push his guy to the right he should have used his hands rather than try with a forearm. The defender slanted to G-Rob's right and if he would have punched with his hands I guarantee he would have slowed him from getting that quick of penetration. It was poor technique plain and simple. These guys are taught to use their hands and he didn't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What the hell are Robinson and Saffold doing? Jesus. It's just fucking sad. I thought they'd have to reach for their guys. That was straight-ahead. How do you blow that?

poor vision by the RB there......the opportunity was left, where your formation was heavy, and your guard pulled, and the direction where your FB shuffled.

How is Gurley supposed to go left? He's got immediate penetration up the middle and a guy containing the edge where Harkey is. If he bounces outside, he's tackled for a loss. He tried to power up the middle because it was the shortest distance between him and the end-zone. There's nothing the HB can do there. He's screwed.