Robinson on 4th & goal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Blue and Gold said:
and allowed penetration. It killed any chance to follow the pulling guard. Saffold's guy escaped the block, but G-Rob missed badly

fc942cad414b423c8044974a00c822f9.png

ba730aacad134e8685822c80f98e400a.png

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
tough to tell with the stills, but woulda been nice if the pulling guy picked up the man coming in free. oh well

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Seems like a common theme with Rob. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Saffold switch after the bye week.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
meh Gurley looks like his head is down when he gets the handoff. if his head is up he can see 2 blue jerseys straight ahead. should have cut left at the 5 behind his blocker that takes 96 out of the play or he takes out our pulling lineman and he only has to beat 27 one on one

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is such a bad blocking scheme to use on this play. The defense's sole goal is attack the back-field. It makes no sense to have a pulling OG and the rest of the OL trying to reach defenders. Just have them block straight up with power. Silly play-call. Rams getting too cute.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is such a bad blocking scheme to use on this play. The defense's sole goal is attack the back-field. It makes no sense to have a pulling OG and the rest of the OL trying to reach defenders. Just have them block straight up with power. Silly play-call. Rams getting too cute.
I tend to agree. That's a good call on 2nd & 4 from the 40.
When you have the entire defense crashing down, that's too much movement and finesse.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

A recurring theme of mine this year. If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were trying to make the OL look bad.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Well that explains my answer to my co worker when he asked about our attempt at 4th down.

"Idk, man, it was like our offensive line turned invisible. I seen nothing but baby blue swarm over and get Gurley."

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I have to admit that I am getting to the end of my patients with GRob.
At least at left Tackle. He's still having way too many mental errors, missed assignments and is out of position way too often.
Not cutting it at LT is no crime.....just move him in to guard and let Saffold take LT again.
Then if that does not appear to be working long term, maybe look to the draft or failing that look for a trade.

Just my thoughts......

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
funny how saffold wiffs too and everyone blames Grob. nothing about saffold his guy made the tackle too. still think this play was made to go left.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's not GRob's fault we didn't sore a TD there, thats all on Gurley. If your STUD RB can't score from 1 yard out then you really are screwed.

He's not seeing it this season.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Looks like Saffold's guy got through as well. The technique they (Saffold and GRob) are both using looks identical.

Edited to add: The pulling guard completely misses the first guy who hits Gurley and then goes and bear hugs #27 when it's far too late to do anything good.

But yeah, it's all GRob's fault.

…..

Legend
poor vision by the RB there......the opportunity was left, where your formation was heavy, and your guard pulled, and the direction where your FB shuffled.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Looks like Saffold's guy got through as well. The technique they (Saffold and GRob) are both using looks identical.

Edited to add: The pulling guard completely misses and then goes and bear hugs #27 when it's far too late to do anything good.

But yeah, it's all GRob's fault.

Shhhh S- you must only blame Grob

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
poor vision by the RB there......the opportunity was left, where your formation was heavy, and your guard pulled, and the direction where your FB shuffled.

Of course, it might have helped if the pulling guard actually blocked somebody, you know, before the play was over ...