Robinson & Matthews, no way

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
OK I'm not saying I'd be fine with it, but hypothetically what would your reaction be if at 1.2 and 1.13 the rams drafted 2 Offensive linemen? (out of the top 4 linemen available).

Would that be freaky or what! Would that shock everyone or what!
Talk about unexpected.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personally I think they're going with Robinson, then best "big/tall" receiver left on the board, with our two picks in the first round.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
For me it would be a dream come true to see 2 blue chip OL added to the team.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I've said it before... if we picked Robinson AND Matthews, I'd start calling for this regime's heads. I'd also do the same if we picked Robinson/Matthews then another OL before the 3rd round.

Why?

While I'm all for fixing the OL, the way I see it, we have 2 positions basically set this year. Long is going to be LT (especially with the confirmation recently that his recovery is in fact right on schedule) and while C isn't locked in, I honestly think our center is on the team already (and I don't know anyone claiming that a 1st round Center is a great idea anyway).

So, the positions in a certain amount of flux are LG, RG and RT. Unless something goes terribly wrong, Saffold is at one of the G positions (probably RG) and Barksdale remains at RT. So the need is LG.

If we draft two linemen with high picks, either one of the high picks rides the bench, or one of those two proven players rides the bench. That shouldn't happen.

A good GM can fix the OL without throwing ALL of our high value assets at it.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Is Barrett Jones going to get on the field this season? Really want to see what he has to offer...

MFaulk107

The Realness
I would love it. If we got 2 they'd probably have a mind set of trying to impress every one more than the other, which would help.
Hope we take Matthews.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I would be fine with it if they were the BPA at each pick. It's all about draftin that BPA......

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Todd McShay's latest Mock have the Rams taking Robinson at 2 and Zack Martin at 13. Not that I would be opposed to it, but in the end it will be Robinson/Matthews & Gilbert/Dennard IMO.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would be ok with it but I think there are other positions that should get attention too. I think the draft is as much if not more about the future than just this year, saying we are set for the start of the year is short sighted. They need to prepare for this year as if there will be one or 2 guys on IR at some point. Matthews with1.2 and someone else maybe Jackson in 3rd round is more likely.

In the 7 games Bradford played last year 1687 yds, 14 TD, 60.7 completion % and a QBR 90.9 Someone was catching the damn ball

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I would be all for it. We definitely need o-line help.

We could actually have a line of Long-Robinson-Matthews-Saffold-Barksdale, considering many feel like Matthews can play center. That would be 5 offensive linemen that are average to above average OTs playing at a high level on the line. That could be ridiculous.

Martin could play center if we just took him at 13 as well. That would be getting the best 5 players on the field.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Todd McShay's latest Mock have the Rams taking Robinson at 2 and Zack Martin at 13. Not that I would be opposed to it, but in the end it will be Robinson/Matthews & Gilbert/Dennard IMO.

I would much prefer Matthews @1.2 & Joel Bitonio 1.13 than Robinson/Martin

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Thinking that ou don't want contracts on 2 o linemen due in the same year! Would love to have 2 in the first though!

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't believe it will happen, but for the love of Mike, I'm hoping that once and for all they fix the Oline with some young talent so that they don't have to rely upon mixing in older veterans all the time. Build a unit that can grow together for years to come.

V3

Hall of Fame
First, it would never happen. Even if it was possible, Fisher would trade down before he took TWO O-lineman. Second, this team doesn't need two first round OT's. We already have two that are solid. I understand the argument that Long is injury prone and we need someone to be his replacement which is why I'm perfectly fine taking one of the top OT's at 2, but after that, you're just using a premium pick on a position of greatly diminished return. It wouldn't help the offense nearly as much as adding a premier WR or adding help in the secondary for the defense. I also HATE the idea of ever using a first round pick on a RT or OG.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would much prefer Matthews @1.2 & Joel Bitonio 1.13 than Robinson/Martin
Not sure I have never seed Joel Bitonio, however, Zack Martin can play every position on the OL although his best position might be OG, however, IMO he would be an upgrade over Barksdale at RT. Really don't know enough about Bitonio, but I've watched every game Zack Martin has played.