Robinson at LT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aren't you glad they were training Robinson both at LT and LG? I guess they planned ahead.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm just happy they drafted him.
In a perfect world he would have been our LG for a season or two, the Rams O-Line would for once go injury free, and Bradford & Co. would have us at 7 - 0.
Reality smacked us in the face one more time, but it's looking like Robinson may live up to the pre-season hype, and excel at the position he was always destined for. jmo.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He does look really good destroying people.

Big Game

Living The Dream
We all knew he was the future. Too bad Jake Long couldn't have given us more. But that's the risk you take signing injury prone players.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Aren't you glad they were training Robinson both at LT and LG? I guess they planned ahead.

I was quite critical of that before, thinking it was going to stunt his development by limiting his playing time.

I'm now going to go get some barbecue sauce (probably some of that awesome local stuff from Stubb's) to slather on the crow I'm about to eat.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm a little surprised and relieved that they didn't try to put Saffold at LT and just play Joesph and GW at the guard spots.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'm a little surprised and relieved that they didn't try to put Saffold at LT and just play Joesph and GW at the guard spots.
Perhaps, they realized that Joseph wasn't cutting it and bit the bullet! Hoping Person will do enough alongside Gregzilla and Jones to keep Saffold at right guard! Thinking that's the best line they can field!

reggae

I was quite critical of that before, thinking it was going to stunt his development by limiting his playing time.

I'm now going to go get some barbecue sauce (probably some of that awesome local stuff from Stubb's) to slather on the crow I'm about to eat.
Where's RFIP? You could invite him over and he could have an extra helping

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a big Robinson homer at draft time. I even conducted a poll at the PD site where GRob barely beat out Sammy Watkins (several hundred votes, and was the positive thread seen by that site that lasted for 50+ pages..It has to be a record;))
Anyway, I saw greatness in him at Auburn. I saw a guy who's ceiling wasn't a Pro Bowl or two, but admission to the Hall of Fame.......I still think this. Robinson and Donald might be the best 1st round of drafting in many years....jmho.

jap

Legend

Jake went down last year, and I'm sure the Rams coaching brass were suspicious of how steep his decline was becoming. They already had to wait for Jake to rehab before preseason, and they probably decided to cover themselves for as much negative eventualities as possible by having GRob train for two positions instead of just one.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In all fairness though, Watkins is the real deal. Might be a huge future star.
Watkins was scary good in college and he's done pretty darn well in the NFL...I just see Hall of Fame potential in Robinson, and lets hope that I am right!;)

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Perhaps, they realized that Joseph wasn't cutting it and bit the bullet! Hoping Person will do enough alongside Gregzilla and Jones to keep Saffold at right guard! Thinking that's the best line they can field!
I don't think Joseph had anything to do with it because IMO he makes the starting lineup either way. Option 1 G Rob moves to guard, Saffold kicks to LG, Joseph inserted into RG. Option 2 Saffold to LT, Joseph inserted into RG. Person only played once Saffold went down after option 1.