Robinson and Mason Could Have Biggest Draft Impacts for Rams --SI.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Robinson and Mason Could Have Biggest Draft Impacts for Rams –SI.com
By Doug Farrar

Teams always tell you that they don’t draft for need in a general sense, but after draft picks are made, it’s always easy enough to circle back and get coaches and general managers to admit that they did indeed go in certain positional directions. And there’s nothing wrong with that. While the ‘Best Player Available’ idea is great in theory, it’s often far more practical to address what needs addressing. Here’s one rookie for each NFL team who should pay immediate dividends based on talent and need.

St. Louis Rams — Offensive tackle Greg Robinson and running back Tre Mason

Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead didn’t just want to upgrade their own power running game; they apparently wanted to import Auburn’s version. So, they took former Tiger Greg Robinson, the best run-blocker in this class with the second overall pick, and reached back to grab Auburn running back Tre Mason, who broke several of Bo Jackson’s school records, in the third round. The Rams averaged 4.1 yards per attempt last season, 18th in the NFL. But when running behind Robinson in 2013, Mason averaged 6.5 YPC, up from his 5.7 overall average.

Read All the Teams Impact Rookies Here:
http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/15/deone-bucannon-trai-turner-carlos-hyde-nfl-draft-2014-nfc/

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
"Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead didn’t just want to upgrade their own power running game; they apparently wanted to import Auburn’s version".
That would require Arthur Gustav "Gus" Malzahn III as the OC & drafting in the 2015 draft OLG Chad Slade & Center Reese Dismukes

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Our running game should be BEAST! As long as we have no serious injuries, I can't wait to see those holes. No more passing on 3rd and short/goal, hopefully.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If you can't run behind behind Robinson and a healthy Long you just might as well give it up. Mason by the 5th game will be the main back

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
"Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead didn’t just want to upgrade their own power running game; they apparently wanted to import Auburn’s version."

We also got West Virginia's WR corps and Missouri's... um... couple of guys on defense.

Simba

Rookie
I am sorry, but I am not so sure about Tre Mason.He looks like Daryl Richardson (not just for hair).Maybe we needed a different kind of RB ( I hope to be wrong ...)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I am sorry, but I am not so sure about Tre Mason.He looks like Daryl Richardson (not just for hair).Maybe we needed a different kind of RB ( I hope to be wrong ...)
D-Rich was one cut and go RB. For as light and fast as he was, he didn't have great cut back ability and poor vision. Mason has great cutting ability and great vision. He is very patient to wait for a hole to open up. He is also much, much better than D-Rich, and really anyone outside of Tavon at catching the ball out of the backfield.

BeerOClock

Rookie
I like Tre Mason a lot. He impresses me both as a person and a player.

But, there is nothing like watching Zac Stacy play football. His style of play is my definition of the best of what football has to offer. I'll continue to enjoy Tavon Austin, Cook and Givens sprinting for the end zone, but I simply love Zac Stacy running over linebackers and pummeling DBs. I hope he starts for the next 10 years.

I see both Stacy and Mason as an integral part of the Rams offense.