Robey-Coleman prepares to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I watched that play repeatedly....hard to tell how he got hurt. He landed on it but sure didn't look like anything bad :(

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This is starting to make me nervous.

nervous.jpg

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
This is why I thought Jordan was a lock in preseason lol. He had that size and could play outside, now we have some tiny corners after Tru. Hatfield is a mouse as well.
I wonder if Christian gets to suit up if Webster is out??

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Ive got confidence in NRC. He might be small but he doesn't play that way. I really like his skills.

Ram65

Legend
Ive got confidence in NRC. He might be small but he doesn't play that way. I really like his skills.

He is feisty and quick but undersized. Woods has gone against him for years since their USC days. Reports were he played well in camp.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys are comical with your height obsession, and I say this as somebody that's 6'3". Being 5'8" sure hurt Joyner in pass coverage last week. I'm sure that 6'3" Brian Quick is going to light us up with his mad height skills :D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is why I thought Jordan was a lock in preseason lol. He had that size and could play outside, now we have some tiny corners after Tru. Hatfield is a mouse as well.
I wonder if Christian gets to suit up if Webster is out??
Not sure but if you have 2 starting DB's with shoulder injuries (SS Alexander/CB Webster) it would be a good ideal.

Going into the game with only 3 corners active is uncomfortable. Wade has been utilizing a boatload of his safeties with only 2 outside corners since the first pre season game. Last Sunday Joyner & Countess were his Nickles in the first half. After Wade removed all the starters early in the 3rd,Cody Davis remained @ FS, Countess took Joyner's usual Nickel or slipped sometimes to relieve outside corner NRC on certain plays & John Johnson took up SS Alexander post.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You guys are comical with your height obsession, and I say this as somebody that's 6'3". Being 5'8" sure hurt Joyner in pass coverage last week.

Being 6'3" too all we need is to have Blake Countess stand on Coleman's shoulders and then the Rams can stop the fade to Pryor into the corner.

All joking aside I have complete confidence in Coleman, he started outside in preseason is when I noticed him and played well, but I will feel better when Hill comes back for more depth although the Rams have several hybrid safeties/corners, although again I get nervous when I see Blake Countess out there, IMHO, he gets beat like last week against Moncrief.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not sure but if you have 2 starting DB's with shoulder injuries (SS Alexander/CB Webster) it would be a good ideal.

Going into the game with only 3 corners active is uncomfortable. Wade has been utilizing a boatload of his safeties with only 2 outside corners since the first pre season game. Last Sunday Joyner & Countess were his Nickles in the first half. After Wade removed all the starters early in the 3rd,Cody Davis remained @ FS, Countess took Joyner's usual Nickel or slipped sometimes to relieve outside corner NRC on certain plays & John Johnson took up SS Alexander post.
I wouldn't worry too much about our DB's in this game against the 'Skins, Between our D-Line and Donald, and our LBers , Quinn -Ogletree etc. NO ONE on the opposing Team will be getting very far down field!(y);):yess:

RAMBUSH

Starter
I wouldn't worry too much about our DB's in this game against the 'Skins, Between our D-Line and Donald, and our LBers , Quinn -Ogletree etc. NO ONE on the opposing Team will be getting very far down field!(y);):yess:
Oh, this makes me happy. I love qb's getting smoked . Just not our qb.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
So, just a layman's understanding here, but don't most passes go between the chest and head area of the receiver? The height advantage would only be significant if the pass was thrown into the six inch difference between the maximum height of the receiver's jump with outstretched arms and the corner's jump with outstretched arms. Or the 3-4 inches maybe of one handed reach advantage in front of or behind the receiver.

It certainly makes a difference in circus type desperation catches, but how impactful is it really in a majority of the passes thrown in a game?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
So, just a layman's understanding here, but don't most passes go between the chest and head area of the receiver? The height advantage would only be significant if the pass was thrown into the six inch difference between the maximum height of the receiver's jump with outstretched arms and the corner's jump with outstretched arms. Or the 3-4 inches maybe of one handed reach advantage in front of or behind the receiver.

It certainly makes a difference in circus type desperation catches, but how impactful is it really in a majority of the passes thrown in a game?

This is a very interesting point.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I agree about the height mismatch....if the db can't play...it wouldn't matter anyway. NRC was a pretty good corner at USC. He's still a good corner now. I wouldn't be worried about height...it's just staying with his man.

I'm sure that 6'3" Brian Quick is going to light us up with his mad height skills :D
oh shit....almost forgot about him...we could be in trouble....

JRobinson

MiLB
Personally, I think this is a great time to see him start. He shouldn't get overmatched aside from the physically gifted Pryor. He's supposed to be good in man coverage, so we will see how that plays out because the Skins don't have much outside of Pryor; yeah, Crowder is pretty decent though.