Robert Woods - how have I missed this guy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
ramsince62 said:
rams24/7 said:
DR RAM said:
rams24/7 said:
I disagree. He's so overrated.

Pros:

-Runs good route & has good hands

Cons:

-Clocks a good 40 speed, but doesn't have great field speed
-Limited separation
-I watched his whole highlight video from 2012, I didn't count more than 2 routes over 25 yards
-Double reverses he runs & quick hitters won't be as affective in the NFL; those were his bread & butter in college
-All of his big games were against inferior opponents (Syracuse, etc.). Was nearly non-existent in games against big time competition (Stanford, Oregon, etc.)

I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round, but he'll go in the 2nd. Pass
Watch some 2011 tape if you get a chance.

I've watched him every year at SC (I'm from SD). He's not elite at any single area. He's overhyped by many
I watched every game he played....as mentioned injuries slowed him in 2012, and Marquis Lee shined brightest (exceptional talent). But he's still a worthy prospect and damn fine receiver. :ahight:
This^^^

And to the over-hyped statement. Who is over-hyping him? He's viewed as a late second to third round receiver. He wasn't even mentioned during the combine, or by BSPN. I've probably seen almost every game that he has played. He is a solid receiver, IMO. Lee is exceptional, but that doesn't diminish Woods to me.

He played with injuries, and had a crappy LT in 2012, just ask Barkley how that went. Kalil helped make him (Bark), and may have broke him with coming out early last season.

I agree - he's far from being over hyped - his 2011 tape is just awesome, he had ankle injuries through 2012, which are now behind him, he's flying well below the radar IMO - a couple of bits I've read the last couple of days really have gained my respect - he didn't miss one training session (nor was late) through college, his USC coach Lane Kiffin said that there's no diva in his personality at all and i love this quote, when asked about his reduced role in the offence in 2012:

Woods wasn't happy about his reduced role, but he didn't complain about it either. He approached every play as if he were going to get the ball. If he knew he wasn't, he'd try to block like a fullback.

"I don't know how you could be put in a harder situation," said USC coach Lane Kiffin, who, as the team's play-caller, contributed to Woods being in that situation.

"As a true sophomore, you catch more passes than anyone in the history of this conference. Then you go into your junior year, and all of a sudden you're not catching the most balls on the team. And it happens to be your buddy that you raised in the system.

"He handled that great. That speaks to who he is. I don't think many people would have handled that that well."

I also read that at the combine the scouts commented that he had the better football brain of all the receivers in this year's draft...