Robert Turner cut by Chicago

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
We had him a couple of years ago. Was a solid back-up if I remember. Interior OL/Center? Could be a nice addition for depth.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We had him a couple of years ago. Was a solid back-up if I remember. Interior OL/Center? Could be a nice addition for depth.

I tend to think this just shows how weak our oline was back then. He's no longer a Ram and among the first cuts for a reason.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
If the Boudreau, Fisher, Snead and Co. were still interested in Turner I would have thought they'd brought him in when he was a FA earlier in the offseason. I think Turner played well when here but he's probably near the end at this point.

jdhommert

Rookie
Shrug...

I think he was decent as a center who was only supposed to be a backup. If they think he can still play I wouldn't be opposed to him being a backup considering our lack of depth at the C position. Who is our backup/depth at C anyway???

That said we'd have to cut another guy on the roster and he's older and probably on his way out of the league

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Shrug...

I think he was decent as a center who was only supposed to be a backup. If they think he can still play I wouldn't be opposed to him being a backup considering our lack of depth at the C position. Who is our backup/depth at C anyway???

That said we'd have to cut another guy on the roster and he's older and probably on his way out of the league
Tim Barnes is the backup center. It looks like it will be Person as the 3rd center until Jones is back on the field.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Turner was with the Bears for about 2 weeks, he was cut by Tenny after the season. Wonder if much is left in tank.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
So the entire OL that started the Packers game in 2012 is no longer on a NFL roster.
that was the Miami game, the week before. All are gone. Vs Green Bay Joe Barksdale started his first game, at Left tackle, but from Chicago to Miami yes, all five are out of an NFL job.

that was the Miami game, the week before. All are gone. Vs Green Bay Joe Barksdale started his first game, at Left tackle, but from Chicago to Miami yes, all five are out of an NFL job.

Oh yes of course, when was Barks acquired? Must have been close to then.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Tim Barnes is the backup center. It looks like it will be Person as the 3rd center until Jones is back on the field.

That's if Person isn't playing G or T. Just saying.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
This fact demonstrates how far we have come in a few years - hell in 2012, I remember how we needed 7th rounders to pan out and start because the roster was bare.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
That's if Person isn't playing G or T. Just saying.
Sure, but you could say that about almost any position when it comes to the "emergency" option. If Person s playing guard and we're ready for our 3rd center we're probably already in emergency mode. It's probably already to the point that we're just trying to scrape by and not in total win mode.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
If the Boudreau, Fisher, Snead and Co. were still interested in Turner I would have thought they'd brought him in when he was a FA earlier in the offseason. I think Turner played well when here but he's probably near the end at this point.
I trust him more that Wells