Robert Quinn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I was thinking about this last night and wanted to see what others have to say. Robert has been in the concussion protocol since the New Orleans game. I don't remember him getting concussed, but then again, I didn't see most of the game. The week leading up to the Miami game, he admitted himself into the hospital after having a seizure, which was later ruled as being caused by dehydration. Is there more to this than we are being told? Given he has the brain tumor, do you think the team, doctors, etc. being extremely cautious with him because there is more than just being dehydrated causing the seizure?

I really love having this guy play because he brings the D-Line to another level of intensity, and is a great compliment to Donald wreaking havoc. I know he hasn't gotten back to where he was a couple seasons ago, and I hope he can find the spark of being a beast in 2017. Am I reading too much into this given recent events? Thoughts.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you are on to something. With his medical history and concussions I think they want to be certain before they put him back on the field

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you are on to something. With his medical history and concussions I think they want to be certain before they put him back on the field
they should as well !

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I am not convinced that he "brings the Dline to a new intensity" anymore, even when healthy. He consistently fails to hold his edge in the run game, overshoots and takes himself out of the play in the passing game. He seems to have only one move now. He is not earning that contract. Maybe a new coaching staff can better utilize and harness his talents, we shall see. He's still young and he will get it back (hopefully)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They said he didn't show any signs of a concussion until the day after the game. I don't know that I would read too much into it. IF he's not in for Thursday night's Seahawks game, then I would start worrying!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
At the game yesterday I made a point to watch him occasionally on the sideline. First off I was really bummed to see him in street clothes. It kind of irked me that just about every time I looked at him he was just relaxed and at times laughing with others... all the while his team was getting the dog snot kicked out of it. Makes me question his desire level. Yeah, maybe theres stuff we're not privvy to with regards to his health. Something just seems...off..to me.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
he is done. trade him before we have to cut him. he was a good ram and a great player.
Agreed. He was great for the Rams. When he was healthy and on the field anyway. Now, he can't manage to be on the field and be 100% healthy. Too much $$ for a cheerleader IMHO.

Ram65

Legend
Robert Quinn was a big difference maker before 2015.He sealed victories and even won games with sacks. The Rams defensive line is now average without him at his best.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EARTH CITY, Mo. -- St. Louis Rams defensive end Robert Quinn has made a career of giving opposing quarterbacks a view of the ceiling.

So the irony isn't lost on him that as he recovers from back surgery, Quinn's growing used to that same position.

"I’m able to walk so I’m all right," Quinn said. "I guess I’ll just look at the stars and relax, myself. [There's] no [current] plan besides rest, just kick my feet up."

His recovery from back surgery could keep defensive end Robert Quinn from participating in much of the Rams' offseason workout program. Jasen Vinlove/USA TODAY Sports
Quinn's 2015 season was the first abbreviated one in his five-year NFL career. He played in just eight games, though three of those came after he first started having the injury issues that would ultimately end his season. He finished with 21 tackles, five sacks and three forced fumbles and his absence as an edge rusher was undoubtedly a big blow to a defense that at one point had a legitimate shot to finish as a top-five unit.

According to Quinn, the variety of ailments he dealt with during the season left him searching for answers as he attempted to play through the pain. His issues were first noticeable during the team's Week 6 bye, when he did not practice. In the weeks that followed, he showed up on the injury report with knee and hip problems before his back eventually got the better of him.

"I didn’t realize what it was until we really figured it out," Quinn said. "I just thought I was getting old or slow or something. After time, I realized that my get-off didn’t seem as fast as it used to be, and of course we had other problems. It’s a frustrating situation that I technically never had [a football injury]. So it’s frustrating, but what can I do besides prepare for another run at it next year?"

And though Quinn wouldn't describe the exact nature of the back injury, he said whatever it was yielded issues in his leg that were immediately solved by the surgery he had a few weeks ago.

"I’m able to get around, sit down more comfortable," Quinn said. "It’s a lot of relief. It sucked the way it ended and just jumped on me, but I’ll deal with it and move on to next year."

As with most back surgeries, it's going to take some recovery time before Quinn is cleared to begin strenuous activities. As of this week, Quinn is still in the rest phase of his rehabilitation, which means no lifting weights or running, and a whole lot of relaxation.

Quinn doesn't know when he will be cleared to do those things again and hinted that he'd miss a chunk of the offseason program, which usually begins in mid-April.

"You have got to talk to the trainers," Quinn said. "I just listen to them. Whatever they tell me to do, I just follow their lead. Whenever they tell me I can go, I guess they’ll cut me loose."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now, he has the concussion which is reported to NOT be related to his brain tumor removal years ago. It makes sense to make sure he is completely healthy from the concussion. I know the Rams and their fans miss him but the Rams aren't going anywhere this year. Playing it safe for the future makes sense when it comes to Quinn. At this point you have to hope Quinn can get healthy for next year plus removed from back surgery. It's hard to find difference makers at DE so you just can't give up on him. It will be interesting to see if he can get back to 10-15 sack range next year a be a difference maker again or will he become the injury prone player that needs to be deleted.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just looking at the others...Westbrooks, Longacre, Sims, and Hayes...No reason to push Quinn out there...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think Quinn needs one more year to recover. He just got back surgery and hasn't looked like the same player this year. Although earlier in the season he was a one man wrecking crew. Even Aaron Donald hasn't been as dominate. Jeff Fisher gets ousted, Jim Harbaugh comes in and we go 13-3 and make the playoffs next year while breaking all sorts of sack records.