Robert Quinn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Damn good Analysis there Steve. He is going to be great watching over the next few years. My question to you is, with the talent on our current D Line how much more seasons of 15+ sack years can he have in the next 3-6 years? Seems as though that could help him not be double and/or triple teamed. The other teams and players you listed didn't have quite the talent our D-Line no posses.

Robert Quinn will be more affected by Aaron Donald than by Chris Long, in my opinion.I don't know if Aaron Donald will be like DT John Randle (137 sacks), but it seems like he could be that type of player. ANd, D'Marco for 4-5 years was pretty good (8.5 and 11.5 sacks).

I say this because if a guard and a center have to take Donald, which they will have to do I think, then Brockers has a 1 on 1, and then Quinn can only be stopped if they have a TE over there. Then Chris Long is 1 on 1. I think Long can be stopped much of the time, but when the don't have a TE on Quinn then the penetration of Brockers and Donald should really help him get a lot of sacks that he didn't get last year

Donald's penetrating will really make Quinn (and Long) much more effective. If you look at history I think there are two good examples that are similar to Qunn/Donald:
A) Chris Doleman had John Randle/Keith Millard [not intersecting] and Bryant Young/Dana Stubblefield who played at the same time with Doleman
*Dolemean had 150 sacks and 8 seasons of 11+ sacks-- including one of 21 sacks.
I think Quinn will have 4-6 sacks more a year because of Donald. I think Donald's development
is more important than Long's. I don't think Long was doubled that much last year. He was
chipped, but so was Quinn. Quinn can make it through the chips.

B) Simeon Rice had Warren Sapp
* Rice had 122 career sacks including 5 straight 11 sack seasons [2 without Sapp]
Ok, first first of all Sappin is in the HOF, not Rice. But, my point is, Sapp was a pro bowler, and
Rice really benefitted from Sapp's work.

Rande and Sapp had 1 and 3 sacks as rookies. But, that was 20+ years and 19 years ago or so. Players are being developed 1 to 1 1/2 years earlier than they were then. Sapp was immature, and Rande was an undrafted guy coming in to an excellent playoff D line. Donald is stronger than Randle, quicker than Sapp (Ithink) and Donald has 'technique' that those guys didn't have ....I believe, based on articles I have read.

So, even if Donald doesn't get sacks, he will make the QB shaky, then the QB is taking side steps,and in one half second the QB is down as he avoids Donald. that is how I see it, and I am sticking to it;)

So, I can't guess Quinn's sacks, but I think above 15 is fair. I also think that Donald will help him get 4-6 or so that he didn't get in 2013. Therefore, 22+ wouldn't be crazy. The rams will be a better team, playing teams that will be playing from behind more than last year, maybe.... (Oakland, Minnesota,Tampa, NYG). How does Quinn or anyone get sacks in games when the Rams (in 2013) are down 10+ points to SF, Seattle, Dallas etc. IT is near impossible...though of course Jared Allen and Chris Long had two incredible seasons on losers

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's crazy to think about for me is that Quinn got all those sacks last year despite Walton's scheme allowing teams to throw underneath our coverage all day long.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Robert Quinn will be more affected by Aaron Donald than by Chris Long, in my opinion.I don't know if Aaron Donald will be like DT John Randle (137 sacks), but it seems like he could be that type of player. ANd, D'Marco for 4-5 years was pretty good (8.5 and 11.5 sacks).

I say this because if a guard and a center have to take Donald, which they will have to do I think, then Brockers has a 1 on 1, and then Quinn can only be stopped if they have a TE over there. Then Chris Long is 1 on 1. I think Long can be stopped much of the time, but when the don't have a TE on Quinn then the penetration of Brockers and Donald should really help him get a lot of sacks that he didn't get last year

Donald's penetrating will really make Quinn (and Long) much more effective. If you look at history I think there are two good examples that are similar to Qunn/Donald:
A) Chris Doleman had John Randle/Keith Millard [not intersecting] and Bryant Young/Dana Stubblefield who played at the same time with Doleman
*Dolemean had 150 sacks and 8 seasons of 11+ sacks-- including one of 21 sacks.
I think Quinn will have 4-6 sacks more a year because of Donald. I think Donald's development
is more important than Long's. I don't think Long was doubled that much last year. He was
chipped, but so was Quinn. Quinn can make it through the chips.

B) Simeon Rice had Warren Sapp
* Rice had 122 career sacks including 5 straight 11 sack seasons [2 without Sapp]
Ok, first first of all Sappin is in the HOF, not Rice. But, my point is, Sapp was a pro bowler, and
Rice really benefitted from Sapp's work.

Rande and Sapp had 1 and 3 sacks as rookies. But, that was 20+ years and 19 years ago or so. Players are being developed 1 to 1 1/2 years earlier than they were then. Sapp was immature, and Rande was an undrafted guy coming in to an excellent playoff D line. Donald is stronger than Randle, quicker than Sapp (Ithink) and Donald has 'technique' that those guys didn't have ....I believe, based on articles I have read.

So, even if Donald doesn't get sacks, he will make the QB shaky, then the QB is taking side steps,and in one half second the QB is down as he avoids Donald. that is how I see it, and I am sticking to it;)

So, I can't guess Quinn's sacks, but I think above 15 is fair. I also think that Donald will help him get 4-6 or so that he didn't get in 2013. Therefore, 22+ wouldn't be crazy. The rams will be a better team, playing teams that will be playing from behind more than last year, maybe.... (Oakland, Minnesota,Tampa, NYG). How does Quinn or anyone get sacks in games when the Rams (in 2013) are down 10+ points to SF, Seattle, Dallas etc. IT is near impossible...though of course Jared Allen and Chris Long had two incredible seasons on losers

:bow::popcorn::nice:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Without digressing too much on this topic, all I can say is at least guys like Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth are genuinely made a terrible mistake. I think they feel (and still feel) horrible about it, and I can't imagine going through that on a daily basis. This is unlike some other players...who are sorry only b/c they got caught....

He didn't stop drinking and driving so the Community Service apparently wasn't enough for killing a girl.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
On LL ... been there, done that. We don't need to rehash it.