Robert Quinn Traded to Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Wanna bet they get at least one more pro bowl season out of him, especially with Wake and Suh on that line.
I still think it was the right time for us to make this move

You may get another Pro Bowl season out of him if only because of little competition and the extra opportunities he gets with Suh & Wake, but he still won't be anywhere close to the 2013 Mighty Quinn. Members here talk about him being a one trick pony, but that one trick---his incredible quick burst around the corner---was so unstoppable it constantly resulted in sacks, QB hits, QB hurries, or disrupting ball carriers in the backfield. That Mighty Quinn required only one incredible trick to be an All Pro.

Last edited:

Ramzheart

Rookie
Rob Quinn will be missed by this Rams fan, the guy is all heart! I hope he can stay healthy and wreck some havock in the AFC.
In an era where a lot of your stars are full of drama and disruptive, he is a consumit pro!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wanna bet they get at least one more pro bowl season out of him, especially with Wake and Suh on that line.
I still think it was the right time for us to make this move

You are probably right. Winning teams know when to move on. I think his production will be hard to replace. It’s a bit of a gamble but this regime had all the answers last year, so I am sure they have a plan.

I don’t understand the tweet that said the Rams are close to being $100 million under the cap. Maybe that reporter knows something that we only speculate on, like Tavon and Barron being off the roster too. Just cutting Dunbar and trading Quinn doesn’t add up to 49 million.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Looked at the snap counts for Quinn last season. He was on the field for 58.75% of D snaps last season, less the Tree, Barron & Barwin. Tough to pay a guy 10+ million that is only going to be on the field for just over 50% of the snaps.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t understand the tweet that said the Rams are close to being $100 million under the cap. Maybe that reporter knows something that we only speculate on, like Tavon and Barron being off the roster too. Just cutting Dunbar and trading Quinn doesn’t add up to 49 million.

The 100 million comment was for 2019 - when we would also have to extend Gurley.

Ram65

Legend
Been without electric since Friday evening. Been reading haven't posted on Quinn trade. Always a fav of mine. Thought he could move around the defense and get pressure on the QB Did not work out that way. Didn't have the burst or flexibility like in the past. Didnt get consistent pressure. Wish him luck. Think Rams are better off with the money. I'm sure the Rams have a plan.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Looked at the snap counts for Quinn last season. He was on the field for 58.75% of D snaps last season, less the Tree, Barron & Barwin. Tough to pay a guy 10+ million that is only going to be on the field for just over 50% of the snaps.
I always wondered about last year with his snap count if that was the team just being overly cautious or he was still not 100%. In hindsight if it was the former we could have potentially gotten better compensation if he had played more.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Robert Quinn, pick 124, 198 and a 2nd in 2019 for Marcus Peters, pick 111, 183 and 196.

2018 Ram Draft Selections:

Appears we still have retained our original Ram same two first selections @ the moment First #23 & Third #87. We then traded our original Rams 4th rd pick to KC in the Peters trade, but now have traded with Miami(Quinn trade) for a one of the two 4th rd. Miami selections ??? . Do we have any ideal which of those two 4th rders it was ?

Snead has retained our original 5th rd. #160 Rams original pick. Snead swapped an unknown numbered ??? 6th rder (Quinn Trade) for the Miami 6th rder. We did not gain a 6th round pick but it was either higher or lower do we know that information? No additional 6th rd pick was acquired.

Snead did receive an additional selection in the KC/ Peters trade. KC's 6th round pick from thus giving the Snead a total of Four 6th rd selection. Do you have any better or additional information?

#1}LAR (#1) First #23
Traded Rams 2nd pick for Watkins (Buffalo) 2017
#2}LAR (#3) Third #87
Traded Rams 4th rd pick for Peters (KC) 2018
#3}Fourth (received in trade Miami) # Unknown
#4}LAR (#5) Fifth #160
#5}Sixth (received in trade KC) # Unknown
#6}Sixth (from Miami swap/trade LAR) # Unknown
#7}Sixth #Unknown
#8}LAR (#6) Sixth # Unknown

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...alked-to-rams-about-trading-for-robert-quinn/

Bucs, Browns talked to Rams about trading for Robert Quinn
Posted by Charean Williams on March 4, 2018

gettyimages-889862420-e1520197746453.jpg

Getty Images

The Buccaneers and the Browns both tried to broker a trade for pass-rusher Robert Quinn before the Rams sent him to Miami, ESPN reports.

The Dolphins gave up fourth- and sixth-round picks for Quinn, who has a $12.4 million cap hit for 2018. The Bucs have eight draft selections, and the Browns have 12. But it is unknown what either team offered.

Quinn made 8.5 sacks and forced two fumbles in 15 games last season.

The trade can’t become official until March 14.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Why wouldn't the Browns offer more than a 4th and a 6th for a legit 4-3 DE???

Oh, that's right...they're the Browns...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I'm more curious if Snead tried to expand on the trade with Cleveland after being rebuffed originally ? Would trading our 1'st, 3'rd, Quinn and Barron for all 3 Cleveland 2'nd round draft picks have gotten a sniff ?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Probably not, but it should have.

Don't think they offered it.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I guess somebody ELSE wasn't happy with the 19th ranked defense....Changes will be made...some expected...some shocking...some will be ignored.

I like Quinn...wish him well...Miami has what, TJ McDonald, William Hayes, and now Robert Quinn....interesting.
I was complaining about the run defense from the beginning of the season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Oh, that's right...they're the Browns...

Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, Carl Nassib, and Nate Orchard.

They're pretty set there. They could do it and rotate Quinn. I would have considered it in their shoes, but I can understand why they want to stick with the young players.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I was complaining about the run defense from the beginning of the season.

LOL
Not exactly a tough call after losing our starting LDE in the pre-season. I didn't see anyone calling that a good omen.