Robert Quinn Traded to Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif
That’s a great gif man, well played. Laughing my azz off.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow.
I'm a bit mixed on this.
I hope I'm happier once I see his replacement.

We all knew there were going to be more changes this year on D and moving Quinn does make sense. It gets a bit uneasy though, when you get attached to players.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
First of all, we don't know what Longacre can do when playing an entire game.
Secondly, one thing we DO know is that Quinn was a liability against the run. We can "blah blah blah" about pass rush all we want, but there's actually more to playing defense than that.
Frankly, I'm not sure what some of you were watching last year.
Quinn was outplayed by Longacre, who played the run better.
Quinn is not a 3-4 LB, and he was not playing up to his salary. I like the guy, and I can certainly see why Miami fans are happy about the trade.
But this is also a win for the Rams.

Having said all that, I'm not sure there's anyone in the draft that would be an adequate replacement. Perhaps there's a FA out there that would be a better and cheaper fit for us.

I have an will be under the assumption that it took a long long time for Quinn to feel 100% physically under his back issues he’s had. Ofc he was good enough to play but wasn’t all there to produce like he’s capable of which showed passed the middle half of the year. You can tell by his body bend, flex, and comfort throughout games being very stiff. I can relate to this very much from my personal experience.

Obviously he’s more of a 4-3 guy but IMO with all things considered he didn’t do horribly with jumping to a new alignment, stance, and responsibilities. It’s like you guys automatically want to replace him if he’s not an All Pro but if he’s a rookie ohhhhh yeah it’s okay we’ll give him a break now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If Snead's plan A or B don't work out to replenish the LB core i'd like to bring in a bargain FA like Jerry Attaochu from the Chargers. A young, productive (when healthy), active pass rusher.

Plan C

Ants

Starter
Obviously he’s more of a 4-3 guy but IMO with all things considered he didn’t do horribly with jumping to a new alignment, stance, and responsibilities. It’s like you guys automatically want to replace him if he’s not an All Pro but if he’s a rookie ohhhhh yeah it’s okay we’ll give him a break now.

No, you make a point...which is why I said I'm not sure there's anyone coming out that will be as good as he was.
I've been looking at videos of prospects this afternoon, and quite frankly I'm not really impressed with many of the LB's and edge guys.

And honestly, I don't really know what a Phillips defense is supposed to look like...so I'm not sure what the responsibilities are for that position.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is it like a rule that the Rams have to trade with the polar opposite conference and division (AFC East) all the time?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The Mighty Quinn has already played his best football... and he played it in Horns. Good time to make the move... before it was too late. Money matters.

Big Mahalos Rob and good luck in My-jami.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it like a rule that the Rams have to trade with the polar opposite conference and division (AFC East) all the time?

Almost certainly a coincidence - but they don't play the AFC East again until 2020. By then Quinn's contract would be up anyway.

jap

Legend
Why are proven veterans/Pro Bowlers worth mid-round picks when most mid-round picks don't make the Pro Bowl?

. . . because Robert is no longer a Pro Bowl player. In 2013 and before he was the fastest DE in the NFL at turning the corner and getting to the QB. After his post-2013 injuries that is no longer true. He has definitely lost a couple steps---gone from ultra fast to merely fast. I still suspect all those official-allowed choke holds contributed to his back woes, but what are we gonna do? If a NE employee is allowed to walk pass NFL security with impunity to make illegal recordings of the Horns 2001 Super Bowl walk through practice sessions, can anyone with less than divine status hold the NFL accountable for their biased activities?

jap

Legend
I hope we do something well with this money and late round picks. IMO we didn't get better, only saved money and created another hole.

Luckily, Snead is a magician so we'll see. I'm sure MANY of us were worried about our line and WRs until the LATE arrival of Sullivan and Watkins. Big bucks, no whammys, Snead, let's go!

Have faith in the Horns' Trinity: Sean, the SonOfBum, and Les.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Snead's plan A or B don't work out to replenish the LB core i'd like to bring in a bargain FA like Jerry Attaochu from the Chargers. A young, productive (when healthy), active pass rusher.

Plan C

He's on my list as well. He's worth a flier.

Ramzheart

Rookie
. . . because Robert is no longer a Pro Bowl player. In 2013 and before he was the fastest DE in the NFL at turning the corner and getting to the QB. After his post-2013 injuries that is no longer true. He has definitely lost a couple steps---gone from ultra fast to merely fast. I still suspect all those official-allowed choke holds contributed to his back woes, but what are we gonna do? If a NE employee is allowed to walk pass NFL security with impunity to make illegal recordings of the Horns 2001 Super Bowl walk through practice sessions, can anyone with less than divine status hold the NFL accountable for their biased activities?
Wanna bet they get at least one more pro bowl season out of him, especially with Wake and Suh on that line.
I still think it was the right time for us to make this move