Robert Quinn scores huge honor, ranked second best player in the NFL last year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
by Ted Bryant
http://cover32.com/rams/2014/05/16/...nked-second-bast-player-in-the-nfl-last-year/

It may not be a piece of physical hardware, but Rams’ defensive end Robert Quinn’s performance in 2013 has earned him yet another notable distinction. The team over at Pro Football Focus has been narrowing down their list of the top 101 players in the NFL from last season and Quinn deservedly checks in at No. 2.

r3vtRta.jpg

The article includes some notable highlights. For me, the most profound quote comes in the section where author Sam Monson discusses Quinn’s best game of the season – the Rams’ Week 12 contest against the Bears – in which he registered a 14.4 on PFF’s grading scale. From Monson:

“How dominant was Quinn in this game? His grade for the 69 snaps he played against Chicago would rank eighth in the league over the season at his position. He graded better in this game over 69 snaps than DeMarcus Ware did over 648 snaps playing in Dallas.”

It certainly puts some nice analytical context into a season where, most of the time, the smartest thing that came out of our mouths when watching Quinn was“OOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHARRRRRRRRRRRRYEAAAAHHHHHHHHH”. The full article can be found here.

Quinn trailed only pass-rushing colleague J.J. Watt of the Texans, who earned the top spot on the list after registering the highest single-season grade in the site’s history.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
And also, Quinn got two different left tackles BENCHED after they couldn't handle him. The guy from the Saints, and one other guy, not sure I remember who it was.

PhxRam

I was putting together a video of all the rams sacks from last year. He appears in a lot of the clips..(y)

I was putting together a video of all the rams sacks from last year. He appears in a lot of the clips..(y)

Can't wait, I had one of all Quinn's sacks but it got flagged for copyright violation so never shared the link.
/
Add Donald into this line, stop WRs running open right after the snap and he should have the defence of his Deacon Jones award complete by the bye :sneaky:.

SierraRam

Recreational User
The guy's a flat out monster! So fun to watch - He and Long would have had at least 10 more sacks if the QB didn't always step up in the pocket. This will no longer be an option with Donald slicing thru the line. SPLAT

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
And also, Quinn got two different left tackles BENCHED after they couldn't handle him. The guy from the Saints, and one other guy, not sure I remember who it was.

Got Levi Brown benched and traded, got Donald Penn cut too.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And hes twenty mutha scratchin three. 23!!!! MUAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Kuechly was #80 on PFF but wins DPOY.

I can see winning playing a big role, but #80 is way off.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Kuechly was #80 on PFF but wins DPOY.

I can see winning playing a big role, but #80 is way off.

PFF isn't always right, they often are wrong. But they were right on this one. Kuechly wasn't even the best linebacker on his own team. Thomas Davis was better. No way Kuechly was the best defensive player in the entire NFL.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Donald Penn. He basically got the guy fired. He's gone to Oakland now and I don't think the Bucs fans mind too much.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
by Ted Bryant
http://cover32.com/rams/2014/05/16/...nked-second-bast-player-in-the-nfl-last-year/

It may not be a piece of physical hardware, but Rams’ defensive end Robert Quinn’s performance in 2013 has earned him yet another notable distinction. The team over at Pro Football Focus has been narrowing down their list of the top 101 players in the NFL from last season and Quinn deservedly checks in at No. 2.

r3vtRta.jpg

The article includes some notable highlights. For me, the most profound quote comes in the section where author Sam Monson discusses Quinn’s best game of the season – the Rams’ Week 12 contest against the Bears – in which he registered a 14.4 on PFF’s grading scale. From Monson:

“How dominant was Quinn in this game? His grade for the 69 snaps he played against Chicago would rank eighth in the league over the season at his position. He graded better in this game over 69 snaps than DeMarcus Ware did over 648 snaps playing in Dallas.”

It certainly puts some nice analytical context into a season where, most of the time, the smartest thing that came out of our mouths when watching Quinn was“OOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHARRRRRRRRRRRRYEAAAAHHHHHHHHH”. The full article can be found here.

Quinn trailed only pass-rushing colleague J.J. Watt of the Texans, who earned the top spot on the list after registering the highest single-season grade in the site’s history.

He made a mess out of the Colts offensive plans too. He was a force all year and should get some recognition this year for sure.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
JJ Watt was NOT better then Robert Quinn. I don't believe that for a second. I still have no idea how Kueckly won DPOY :jerkoff:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I believe the Tackle from aZ right?

I was thinking Levi Brown, too. ARZ forums were shredding him for giving up three sacks, one sealed the game. It was funny to read. Several comments were on the lines of "We should leave Brown in STL, he sucks." lol

When they signed Vehldeer in FA, no question they were thinking of Quinn when they did it.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I was thinking Levi Brown, too. ARZ forums were shredding him for giving up three sacks, one sealed the game. It was funny to read. Several comments were on the lines of "We should leave Brown in STL, he sucks." lol

When they signed Vehldeer in FA, no question they were thinking of Quinn when they did it.
LOL @ they should of left Brown in STL!
Meh... to me Vehldeer doesn't impress me to much to be able to contain Quinn and now he's going to be having even less help along the line with Donald and Williams running the show. We're turning up the heat on them slowly but surely ;)

BeerOClock

Rookie
Quinn will rank 2nd best player in the NFL this year as well. Only this year, it will be 2nd to Aaron Donald.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
JJ Watt was NOT better then Robert Quinn. I don't believe that for a second. I still have no idea how Kueckly won DPOY :jerkoff:
He won because the Panthers had a better record. That's the only reason really