Robert Quinn on Sack Drought “All it takes is one snowflake"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And no mention of Quinn being held on every play.

Peter King is an NFL homer, he's not going to criticize the league most of the time.

As far as holding, I think it's something that is affecting more than just the Rams, as I hear a lot of other people mentioning flagrant holding being uncalled. And I can certainly see the NFL de-emphasizing this given their want to protect QB's and over-emphasis on player safety (to the point it is ruining the game). I saw somewhere that both Seattle and SF were well off their respective paces for sacks compared to last year, and it seems hard to believe it's just a coincidence that three of the NFL's best front sevens are suddenly having so much trouble getting to the QB.

Think Boudreau needs to start coaching our OL to hold more if the current trend continues, and Waufle needs to coach the front 7 how to defeat the more flagrant holding. Then again, as soon as we hit the QB, even with a legal tackle, we'll probably get called for roughing or unnecessarily roughness ... so screw it.

God the NFL is beginning to suck.

Athos

Legend
If by snowflake, he means officials falling to the ground like bowling pins to prove a point, sure.

Someone needs to get these guys to try something else to avoid the holds in the first place if they aren't going to be called. Not sure how. Maybe just crush one side of the line completely. Overload from the left or right. At this point, nothing to lose. Try it once, hopefully pancake the shit out of a QB, and make him nervous the rest of the game.