Robert Quinn: Mid-season All-Pro

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
It seems like he's finally getting some recognition. If he is All-Pro at the end of the season, that would be incredible, epitomizing him as the best RE in the NFL. Who was the last All-Pro to play for the Rams? Pace?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...nning-jj-watt-head-2013-midseason-allpro-team

Very well done to him.

Last Rams all pros were SJ39 and Donnie Jones both in 2009.

Edit: They were both second team all pros, Pace was the last first team all pro in 2005.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Saw him and Gerald Rivers up close side by side , IMO Rivers can get close to Quinn muscularly and be another nearly unstoppable one

jap

Legend
Saw him and Gerald Rivers up close side by side , IMO Rivers can get close to Quinn muscularly and be another nearly unstoppable one

The Mighty Quinn is an obvious moniker. I have to come up with one for Gerald when he gets his game going.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this is going to help Chris Long by leaps and bounds. No disrespect to Long but, Quinn has become what long was supposed to be and will draw all the coverage now (and imo be more able to handle it). Chris Long is a very solid player, a good leader, and an overall very likable guy however he's not that guy with 18+ sack potential that Robert Quinn is so i think the attention shifting to quinn will only help him.

A55VA6

Legend
I think this is going to help Chris Long by leaps and bounds. No disrespect to Long but, Quinn has become what long was supposed to be and will draw all the coverage now (and imo be more able to handle it). Chris Long is a very solid player, a good leader, and an overall very likable guy however he's not that guy with 18+ sack potential that Robert Quinn is so i think the attention shifting to quinn will only help him.
I remember before the season that Chris was hyping up Robert. He said that Robert Quinn is the best pass rusher on the team. Chris was right.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Did you actually write something I just can't get passed your signature line

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In all fairness to Long, he may not be the best pass rusher on the team anymore, but he is also a more complete player still. Maybe Quinn passes him up on that but while Quinn has to beat the best O-lineman on the field generally, he is often only single teamed. Long often has to go against two linemen and he is seen by the QB as he approaches. I'm not saying Quinn couldn't get many of those same sacks but let a QB sidestep him and I think he is out of the play a fair amount where as Long seems to stay in it. I think the Rams are smart in not moving Quinn to LDE. He has far more freedom out there on the right and I think you'll continue to see him use that freedom against the run more as well. But Quinn is a sack machine and that is exactly how he should be played.

A side note. Brockers has as many sacks as Suh and has only one fewer tackles. So while Suh will no doubt go to the Probowl, Brockers - I believe - will have a better year and grow to be much more of a monster in the middle. This team has to be a factor in the playoffs - much more that other teams because of years of futility - before Quinn, Long, and Brockers get their just due.