Robert Quinn is the DPOY

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamEERS

Pastor
Don't know about you guys.. but i think brady quinn is a pretty good player too.....

823826890.jpg

A55VA6

Legend
If he doesn't win at least some type of award at the end of the year I'll be fucking pissed. Dude deserves alot of credit and recognition.

jap

Legend
If The Mighty Quinn sacks the crap out of Kaepernick, Palmer, Brees, TB's Mike Glennon, and Wilson; he will get his due. There are a couple name QB's in that list, and those sacks would be coming during the prime time playoff push run.

The only thing he is really missing is league-wide recognition of his theme song. They also call him the Eskimo since he kills drives ice cold dead:

Mighty Quinn Lyrics

Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn

Everybody's building ships and boats
Some are building monuments, others are jotting down notes
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, everybody's gonna jump for joy

I like to go just like the rest, I like my sugar sweet
But jumping queues and makin' haste, just ain't my cup of meat
Everyone's beneath the trees, feedin' pigeons on a limb
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, all the pigeons gonna run to him

Let me do what I wanna do, I can't decide 'em all
Just tell me where to put 'em and I'll tell you who to call
Nobody can get no sleep, there's someone on everyone's toes
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, everybody's gonna wanna doze

Read more: Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anyone else absolutely hate NFL.com's stat section? And ESPN didn't even credit Quinn with the TD this week. The fix is in. I wonder how many other stats they "missed".

Sum1

Hall of Fame
He's one of the most exciting players we've had in a long time...Chris Long has been a great DE, but we haven't had a pass rusher this electric since Leonard Little...and Little's best season was only 14.5 sacks!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm telling yuh. The NFL hates us. We shall overcome.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
mhave I have been one of Quinn's biggest critics, in that I just didn't feel he was a "complete" player. I have never questioned his pass rushing abilities, but had some serious issues and doubts when it came to being able to stand up against the run. IMO, that has been his biggest area of improvement. He has done a much better job of holding up at the point of attack, and is not so quick to run himself out of plays with his "pin his ears back" up the field technique.

Sacks are one of the most overrated stats in football. They are a stat of "opportunity", and in many cases, have as much to do with game situations, and come in "garbage time" when teams are forced to throw every down. That being said, Quinn, and Long for that matter, do change games with the consistent pressure they get on opposing QBs. Its the constant pressures, not just the sacks that make the difference. But IMO, this year he is being rewarded with the sack as well. When you also take into account the number of forced fumbles that resulted from his sacks, it just makes I even more impressive.

In training camp, I made the comment about the Rams defense being set up to thrive from "playing with a lead". It was met with luke warm response, but, as these past couple games have proven, it only makes Quinn and Co. even more dominant.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree about sacks themselves being potentially an over rated stat Coach. It DOES all depend on when the player is getting those sacks and also how many times the player moves the QB off his mark. But to me that FF stat is huge and should be a big factor in determining the DPOY. Having a sack/strip/TD in non-garbage time also should count big time. I think we all had the reservations about Quinn's run defense. He has answered those reservations quite well.

I still think you're right about how the defense has been set up. I think that shows up when teams are able to dink and dunk us in the passing game. The middle of the field is just too open for them and it is one of the things I am most worried about in the whiner game. I really don't think Kap can succeed if we play the game we played against the druggies from the NW. I think our Corners can play tight enough on long pass plays if their big receivers, VD, and Gore can't gash us inside of 15 yards off the LOS.

I think we just have to play like we have the lead even if we get behind early. What do you think?