Robert Quinn Is Dpoy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Pro football writers of America that's not the official one is it? Still he deserves it, been a joy to watch.

bskrilla

Starter
Pro football writers of America that's not the official one is it? Still he deserves it, been a joy to watch.

This is a good question. I thought it was, but now I'm not sure. And if it's not I would imagine it would tend to be a good indicator of who will win the official one.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I think you're right. Fairly certain the official one is the Associated Press DPOY.
Although, as has been mentioned, i would imagine that this is a pretty good pointer as to what happens with that one too.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Personal awards don't equal victories always, but this is one helluva step in the right direction if true.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Its the Writers one, the more "official" one will be announced on Feb 1st.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/5175/quinn-deserving-of-first-dpoy-honor

The Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year award will be announced on Feb. 1. That is the award most commonly thought of as the "official" defensive player of the year award. It remains to be seen whether Quinn will take home that prize, but Wednesday's news would indicate that writers around the country have recognized his work.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Very nice! Good for the Mighty One, he earned it.