Robert Quinn hospitalized

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Oddly - I thought Fish said it was a non-football related situation. Why would dehydration fit that category? Seems to be exactly related to football.....

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Oddly - I thought Fish said it was a non-football related situation. Why would dehydration fit that category? Seems to be exactly related to football.....

Incident happened Monday morning after team returned and at his home. Technically you're right, due in part to losing copious amounts of fluids during game. Think Fisher simply meant it wasn't a direct result of an onfield play.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Keppra is what works for me too, very well, although on the highest possible dosage. The only side effect I seem to have is some slight memory loss. Big deal for a 25 year old...now that medical marijuana is passed in Florida I may ask my neurologist if I can try cannibis oil to get off the prescription meds.

I have that, too. Hadn't thought it could be from the Keppra. I'm on both Keppra and Topamax and as a result, I have wicked bad hand tremors. I take Propranolol, a beta blocker for that, which really helps and it also helps with the migraines. HOPING that the cannabis oil and edibles become an alternative which allows me to reduce my med levels while increasing my ability to manage pain.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Can confirm he was indeed hospitalized for dehydration. Should be quick recovery and hopefully plays Sunday. Prayers answered!

Thanks man. I am not sure what capacity you hold, if any, with the Rams, but you are always dead on with your info!!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
#1 and most important: Robert Quinn you take it easy and get well to the best of your ability!

#2 and worth some consideration: I'm not confident our boy Quinn can stay healthy enough anymore (not just concerning his current health issue) or gets us enough sacks and strip sacks anymore, per season, to warrant the huge salary per season. We may consider spending the same money for one incredible free agent player for our offense, OR for two "really good" free agent players to fill positions of need.

Nothing against Robert. He's a stand up dude and has played some awesome football at times. But I'm not seeing his production equal his salary. :(

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Any news on this? While his health is obviously most important I wanted to see if he's listed as questionable or doubtful for Sunday's game.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Any news on this? While his health is obviously most important I wanted to see if he's listed as questionable or doubtful for Sunday's game.

He was held out of practice yesterday and listed as DNP. Today he'll also be listed as DNP since this is the player's day off and nothing changes. Tomorrow is the day to watch, if listed as Questionable he'll likely play, if Doubtful, he probably won't or at best it comes down to a game time decision. At this point it's just a matter of making sure everything is back to normal and no further complications arise.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He was held out of practice yesterday and listed as DNP. Today he'll also be listed as DNP since this is the player's day off and nothing changes. Tomorrow is the day to watch, if listed as Questionable he'll likely play, if Doubtful, he probably won't or at best it comes down to a game time decision. At this point it's just a matter of making sure everything is back to normal and no further complications arise.
Yep! Friday is injury report day, we'll all know more by then! I'm betting on Quinn being in!!

JackStraw

Rookie
What in the world made you come to this conclusion ?
What in the world am I thinking as far as RQ wanting to retire prematurely? I don't know? Maybe using a little critical thinking and examining the avoidable punishment he puts himself through every year.

Between already having a pre-existing health condition and the beating he's been taking by LTs that he burns, I wouldn't blame him for deciding 8 years in the league is enough.

He plays a position that requires you to go 0-60 into 300 pound guys. There's no secret to the kind of head injuries ex NFL players deal with for the rest of their lives and would you hold it against RQ if he decided he wants to insure that he's alive and healthy when his daughter gets married some day?

You act like i'm a whack job for suggesting that a guy who is set financially for the rest of his life to want to put an end to the commitment of punishing his body and brain

But I hope you feel cool by challenging a legit concern I have for the guy. I wasn't questioning his passion for playing the game.

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
What in the world am I thinking as far as RQ wanting to retire prematurely? I don't know? Maybe using a little critical thinking and examining the avoidable punishment he puts himself through every year.

Between already having a pre-existing health condition and the beating he's been taking by LTs that he burns, I wouldn't blame him for deciding 8 years in the league is enough.

He plays a position that requires you to go 0-60 into 300 pound guys. There's no secret to the kind of head injuries ex NFL players deal with for the rest of their lives and would you hold it against RQ if he decided he wants to insure that he's alive and healthy when his daughter gets married some day?

You act like i'm a whack job for suggesting that a guy who is set financially for the rest of his life to want to put an end to the commitment of punishing his body and brain

But I hope you feel cool by challenging a legit concern I have for the guy. I wasn't questioning his passion for playing the game.

Robert Quinn, is that you?

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe

Hey man, I just thought it was awfully presumptuous to suggest Quinn was looking for a way out of football. I haven't heard anything of the sort about Quinn anywhere except your post. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Your post read as if you felt that Quinn was mailing it in now that he got his big contract and waiting for an opportunity/excuse to retire. It's now clear that wasn't what you meant. That's why he responded the way he did.

JackStraw

Rookie
Hey man, I just thought it was awfully presumptuous to suggest Quinn was looking for a way out of football. I haven't heard anything of the sort about Quinn anywhere except your post. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.
I'm a man from ruraltown, USA. My feelings can't be damaged by anything off a sport's message board.Sure, I can let my emotions dictate my tone. I'm not a robot.

I was simply throwing out a theory factoring in a few things we know to be true. It wasn't meant to carry much weight. I wasn't looking to argue with anybody or attempting to spread false rumors/convince anybody I had inside info. Purely amateur speculation. Sport's journalism has hit rock bottom - i'm more interested in reading the regular man's opinion than some bleacher reporter.