Robert Quinn and Aaron Donald make pro bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Congratulations to both. Donald, as a first year player, interior lineman, that is really special. Quinn I wasn't sure on. He's had a good year, but so have a lot of ends. Wouldn't have complained if Griffen or Cox had gone instead.

I think Janoris was an alternate last year also. You guys are being a little harsh, lol.

Watcha talkin' 'bout, Willis!?! Of course, The Mighty Quinn is having a terrific year---he leads the NFL by light-years in being held!, and every LOT and officiating crew knows it!!! :sneaky::LOL:

Last edited:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Watcha talkin' 'bout, Willis!?! Of course, The Mighty Quinn is having a terrific year---he leads the NFL in being held!, and every LOT and officiating crew knows it!!! :sneaky::LOL:
Maybe it's his new theme song that's to blame...

tempests

Hall of Fame
Watcha talkin' 'bout, Willis!?! Of course, The Mighty Quinn is having a terrific year---he leads the NFL by light-years in being held!, and every LOT and officiating crew knows it!!!

First, being held is just the nature of the sport and the position he plays. Offensive lineman hold, all of them. But that penalty gets called once, maybe twice a game no matter who is playing.

He was held last year. I believe he drew more holding penalties than any player in the league.

I don't think that's it. He is just being double teamed more than he was and teams are doing a better job of game planning for him.

If I was waffling on his Pro Bowl merits, it's because he had one of the most unusual stat lines I've seen from a D lineman. Starting with that Seattle game, and his next seven, Quinn had 10.5 sacks, six pass deflections, five forced fumbles, in what amounts to half a season. That all looks pretty good.

Then you look at his first five games and his last two and it's 0, 0, 0. I'm not saying he shouldn't go, just saying he didn't stand out from the pack like he did last year.

RamBill

Legend
Janoris Jenkins, Tavon Austin are Pro Bowl alternates
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...-jenkins-tavon-austin-are-pro-bowl-alternates

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams landed two defensive players on the Pro Bowl teams announced Tuesday night in the form of end Robert Quinn and defensive tackle Aaron Donald. But when all is said and done, the Rams could actually have four players making the trip to Glendale, Ariz. for the annual all-star exhibition.

Cornerback Janoris Jenkins and punt returner Tavon Austin received nods as Pro Bowl alternates, which means if players ahead of them at their positions are unable to go or are still playing late into the postseason, they could get the chance to make their first appearances in the game. It's unclear how far down the alternate list both players are so it remains to be seen how many would have to miss the game for either Jenkins or Austin to go.

At cornerback, Jenkins is behind a group that includes six players who have made the playoffs. That includes Denver's Chris Harris and Aqib Talib, Indianapolis' Vontae Davis, New England's Darrelle Revis, Arizona's Patrick Peterson and Seattle's Richard Sherman. The further any or all of those players advance in the playoffs, the better Jenkins' chances.

It is a bit of a surprise that Jenkins made the alternate list given his knack for allowing big plays but he also had a couple of splashy interception returns for touchdown as well so it's likely that earned him some recognition from his peers.

Austin, meanwhile, faces a tougher road to Arizona. Philadelphia's Darren Sproles and Atlanta's Devin Hester made the team. Hester could be in the postseason which might create an opening but the Eagles are not headed to the playoffs. Austin is second in the league in punt returns with 391, which ranks second only to Sproles' 491.

fearsomefour

Legend
The CB position was clearly just a list of the most popular CBs in the game. The fact that Jenkins is even an alternate is evidence of that.
Pro Bowl in a lot of way is really just a vote of popularity....JJ has a bunch of TDs for a young player....I think that factors into people being aware of who he is.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Jenkins is better than a lot of people on this board give him credit for. He's just going to get better and smarter as he gets more experienced.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
When JJ picks Brady for a pick 6 late in the 4th of the 2017 super bowl to give us the win. some people are going to eat there words

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Gaines was an awesome surprise this year, yeah? QB Rating against him is 79.0.

I don't know if thee is a game by game breakdown but watching as the year unfolded he got better and better and made more plays later in the year whcih tells us that he is going to become even better.
Denver has two corners in the Pro Bowl. If they make the SB, Jenkins will likely get the nod. Although, I count at least three other CB alternates besides Jenkins, so who knows.

I think the coach of the PB team makes the choice right? It is up to him who he wants to put on the roster if I recall correctly.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Pro Bowl balloting is such a joke.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
At least even if Quinn and Donald aren't selected to the same team, they still wouldn't directly play against each other.

It's going to be weird in the future that first time we see, say, Aaron Donald absolutely leveling Tre Mason in the backfield. Do we cheer? Do we boo? Do we headasplode? What?!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Those are some damn good D linemen.

But man, James Laurinaitis and Chris Long need to go to the Pro Bowl.