Robert Quinn and Aaron Donald make pro bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Oof. I don't think so, dude. Sherman, as much as I dislike him, is a way better tackler than Jenkins. That said, Jenkins' tackling and run support greatly improved this year. The reason he's not starting in the Pro Bowl is because the QB Rating against him is 109.8, and nearly 70% of passes thrown into his coverage were completed.
Ybit that lick he put on that Williams guy last Sunday and nearly knocked himself out was a thing of beauty

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope that both will be elected as All Pro's....Aaron Donald is maybe the best DT we have taken in the Draft in 50 years

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ybit that lick he put on that Williams guy last Sunday and nearly knocked himself out was a thing of beauty
That it was. And so was this.

xm0lv8q77359gulfg.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That it was. And so was this.

xm0lv8q77359gulfg.jpg

Yeah it is ,IMO the thing that has improved the most under Williams is the tackling,but wasn't that two years ago we are in our home uni there and the walls are blue.
On that tackle of Williams Jenkins got his head in front (the right way) ,I will NEVER forget a play back in the Martz era against Carolina Steven Davis was steaming down the sideline Jason Seahorn had the perfect angle on him and changed course to prevent having his head in front and Davis broke the tackle like Seahorn was a rag doll,chicken shit MF

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Janoris Jenkins is popular? Who knew? :confused:
Most well known and talked about corner on the Rams roster. And yes, he has a bit of a "reputation". I think his games against Carolina and Steve Smith really put him on the map lol.

Edit: I should clarify, most talked about by outside fans.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Most well known and talked about corner on the Rams roster. And yes, he has a bit of a "reputation". I think his games against Carolina and Steve Smith really put him on the map lol.

Edit: I should clarify, most talked about by outside fans.

I'm thinking that "known" and "popular" are two different things. For example I was known in high school but I wasn't popular. :snicker:

Good for JJ for getting recognition but it still surprises me.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm thinking that "known" and "popular" are two different things. For example I was known in high school but I wasn't popular. :snicker:

Good for JJ for getting recognition but it still surprises me.

I see your point, but being known is a stepping stone to being popular. For exmaple, if JJ had Gaine's season this year, I bet people would be clamoring non-stop about him. As for now, you are right, JJ is just known.

RamBill

Legend
2015 Pro Bowl: St. Louis Rams' Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn earn spots
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...pro-bowl-aaron-donald-robert-quinn-earn-spots

SELECTIONS

Aaron Donald, DT, first Pro Bowl selection: The first Rams rookie to make the Pro Bowl since Jerome Bettis in 1993 and the first Rams defensive rookie to earn a bid since linebacker Isiah Robertson in 1971, Donald leads all rookies in sacks with eight. Those eight sacks also rank fifth among defensive tackles. In addition, he has 17 tackles for loss, most by a defensive tackle since the NFL began tracking the statistic in 1997. Next up for Donald is a shot at the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, an honor he'll have to battle Baltimore linebacker C.J. Mosley, who also earned a Pro Bowl nod, for.

Who he beat out: Jacksonville DT Sen'Derrick Marks, San Francisco DT Justin Smith, New York Jets DT Sheldon Richardson, New York Jets DT Muhammad Wilkerson, Tennessee DT Jurrell Casey -- Marks probably has the biggest beef here after posting 8.5 sacks, second-most among defensive tackles, but Donald was deserving of his spot and figures to be making this trip multiple times over the course of his career.

Robert Quinn, DE, second Pro Bowl selection: Quinn's 10.5 sacks pale in comparison to his 2013 output but are still enough to lead the team and give him three consecutive seasons in double digits. Rams coaches credit Quinn with 35 quarterback pressures, 22 quarterback hits and 13 tackles for loss. Quinn's case was certainly buoyed by his emerging reputation as one of the best pass-rushers in the league. Over the past three seasons, he has 40 sacks, which is second only to Houston's J.J. Watt in that time.

Who he beat out: Buffalo DE Jerry Hughes, Philadelphia DE Fletcher Cox, Seattle DE Michael Bennett, Minnesota DE Everson Griffen -- Griffen's 12 sacks are third in the league, but he's the only one of this group with more than Quinn. Players such as Cox and Bennett change the game in more ways than sacks, but neither necessarily has the case to make it over Quinn.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Congratulations to both. Donald, as a first year player, interior lineman, that is really special. Quinn I wasn't sure on. He's had a good year, but so have a lot of ends. Wouldn't have complained if Griffen or Cox had gone instead.

I think Janoris was an alternate last year also. You guys are being a little harsh, lol.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Great news. Well deserved for both players and a pleasant surprise as I thought Donald was going to get snubbed. He deserves to be DROY.

Now Janoris as an alternate? LOLWUT?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Donald has already broken a record for defensive tackles. 17 tackles for loss. As a rookie. How good is this guy gonna be?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Don't forget that Quinn played against every Pro Bowl tackle except Thomas (preseason maybe?). With that in mind, 10.5 is outstanding!!

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Denver has two corners in the Pro Bowl. If they make the SB, Jenkins will likely get the nod. Although, I count at least three other CB alternates besides Jenkins, so who knows.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All the hate on Jenkins is real surprising but it's ok. I never seen Sherman tackle AP one on one in the open field multiple times in the same game Peterson has only 1 defensive touchdowns. He gets burned for more touchdowns then Jenkins. And while Gaines is good he hasn't been matched up against the other team #1 like jenkins does for most of the game. They might have a high completion percentage but the only way they score on Jenks is if he messes up not to mention its never really any run after the catch..People wanted Gaines and Tru on Beckham look how that turned out. Saying he's not the best corner on the team is asinine especially when the coaches clearly thinks so. Gaines is going to be very good and so is Tru but Jenkins is going to be special.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think JJ has had a bounce back year. Not an in-your-face-unbelievable-turnaround-fantastic year...but he's gotten back on track from what I've seen. I'm excited to see all these DB's in their 2nd season under GW.