Robert Quinn about to be Traded?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, I have no news about this. Just read on ESPN where Gonzales questioned Quinn's place in a 3-4 Defense. I would not feel great about losing Quinn, and it would make me feel like I don't know what this defense will be if after Simms,Hayes, and TJ departing, and no Quinn? It's already feeling like a really different team to me right now....

jjab360

Legend
Negative. Quinn is a great fit at 3-4 OLB and the only one we have right now. 0% chance of that happening.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The only way I see Quinn being traded is if we get a high Rd #1 for him - which I doubt happens...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only way I see Quinn being traded is if we get a high Rd #1 for him - which I doubt happens...
If Quinn stays healthy for a couple of year, I don't think I'd take a #1 in trade for him...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If Quinn stays healthy for a couple of year, I don't think I'd take a #1 in trade for him...

Quinn is one of my fave Rams, I don't want to see him going anywhere, I just can't imagine another scenario to trade him - Long, Brockers, Donald and Quinn was my fave d-line of all time - was gutted when Long was cut last year, no more White Thunder, Black Lightning scaring QBs

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Quinn is going to be our Von Miller. He has a great place, he may have to drop a few lbs but he should plug in great. I'm more concerned as to who the hell plays DE. I'm thinking Easly maybe on one side, but not sure on the other

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Quinn is one of my fave Rams, I don't want to see him going anywhere, I just can't imagine another scenario to trade him - Long, Brockers, Donald and Quinn was my fave d-line of all time - was gutted when Long was cut last year, no more White Thunder, Black Lightning scaring QBs

NE got a steal at The Rams expense. Long was not worth $17 mill.
Let's see what happens to him this off season. -- glad you like that line.
I think D Easley is way better than Chris Ling right now & is going to shine.
Last season G Williams asked him to do some weird things on defense in coverage.

BTW --- How is this possible ?? Trading Tobert Quinn ?? He is like The Veteran leader of this franchise. It is his injury that is the biggest concern. Robert Quinn is one of the best edge rushers in The Game !!! He has the speed of a LBer !! I just wonder if The can rush from the left side ?? How much will Wade move him. I've seen him cover a RB & TE on out routes to the sideline.

Last edited:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Quinn's basically a more worn Von Miller so why couldn't he play this position? If he can get his body and mind right he will wreck teams.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
NE got a steal at The Rams expense. Long was not worth $17 mill.
Let's see what happens to him this off season. -- glad you like that line.
I think D Easley is way better than Chris Ling right now & is going to shine.
Last season G Williams asked him to do some weird things on defense in coverage.

BTW --- How is this possible ?? Trading Tobert Quinn ?? He is like The Veteran leader of this franchise. It is his injury that is the biggest concern. Robert Quinn is one of the best edge rushers in The Game !!! He has the speed of a LBer !! I just wonder if The can rush from the left side ?? How much will Wade move him. I've seen him cover a RB & TE on out routes to the sideline.

I wouldn't trade him - I was just suggesting that I wouldn't accept anything less than a 1st for him - I think he's too much of a talisman to let go, but then again I thought tat of Long too! lol

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wouldn't trade him - I was just suggesting that I wouldn't accept anything less than a 1st for him - I think he's too much of a talisman to let go, but then again I thought tat of Long too! lol

Quinn still has a lot more to give than Chris Long . Long was is never going to go to the PronBowl. IfnQuinn is healthy , I think he could fit really well in WDs's defense .

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Isn't Quinn too tall? 6'4 265 seems a little big to be playing LB.

I don't know. He's slightly taller than Miller, but he's always shown an ability to be a 'bendy' athlete who knows how to use leverage. That's how he got his sacks - he just bent below the tackle and kept running full speed round the edge. It might also be why his back got messed up but I digress...

Jadeveon Clowney is much, much bigger than Quinn and manages to play the position really well (after a horrible start to his pro career).

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don't know. He's slightly taller than Miller, but he's always shown an ability to be a 'bendy' athlete who knows how to use leverage. That's how he got his sacks - he just bent below the tackle and kept running full speed round the edge. It might also be why his back got messed up but I digress...

Jadeveon Clowney is much, much bigger than Quinn and manages to play the position really well (after a horrible start to his pro career).
Good points. I agree. I forgot about Clowney. I always thought he played opposite Watt though. Not standing up.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'd compare Quinn to DeMarcus Ware's role more than VonMillers probably. Quinn looks a little awkward as lanky as he is when running in open space... not much ability to plant and change direction once he's moving. I think he needs to be on the line doing what he does best and that's about it. I can't see him being too versatile at OLB/DE in a 3-4 but he'd certainly still have a huge role rushing the passer when needed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmmm.....I doubt wade wants to get rid of Quinn...just yet...lets take a looksie. A lot of the guys I have noticed getting released/traded were on my, "it's time to get ready for vacation list" last year. Coasting...missing tackles...I don't put Quinn in with them...But his lack of production, and health are worrisome.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
What is Quinn's current contract status? How much cap hit keep vs cut?
Not saying I'd cut him, but 2 years of injuries weighs heavily on decisions. (ala. Bradford, Long)
If he doesn't play a lot of games this year, he's gone. Hopefully a restructure is planned.
Too much potential if healthy, but there is a lot of risk vs reward here.