Robert Mathis Suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Now the first Deacon Jones Award has an asterisk next to it. It's interesting how his game just spiked up suddenly, at his age, even with the new position. Not saying he did it, but it certainly makes sense. I liked and respected him, a shame really.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now the first Deacon Jones Award has an asterisk next to it. It's interesting how his game just spiked up suddenly, at his age, even with the new position. Not saying he did it, but it certainly makes sense. I liked and respected him, a shame really.

thats a good point forgot about that.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Agree completely. The most sacks he has ever had in a season was 11.5(two times), and had 9.5 in 2011 and 8 in 2012. Then in his 11th season, at the age of 32, he has his best season which is 8 whole sacks more than his previous bests. This was his 2nd season in a row playing as an OLB and saw an 11.5 sack increase...

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Strip the Deacon Jones award and give it to the deserving winner: Robert 'Black Lightning' Quinn!!!

ED_29

should we be asking the same of Quinn? Remember how Dunbar over performed his first year with the Rams?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
should we be asking the same of Quinn? Remember how Dunbar over performed his first year with the Rams?

I think the difference is that Quinn is only 23 and his development is expected. His level of play was always possible because he's an insane athlete. I'm not saying he isn't on anything, but I doubt it. Quinn is still growing and has more room to develop. Mathis was leveled out at 32 years old. Hard to think he suddenly gets that much better on his own.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I wondered about his sack total last year. You lose Dwight Freeney off the other edge and you almost double your sack total ? Fishy...,

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I say give a UA to Robert which I guarantee he will pass and then give the man the award he rightfully deserves!!

A55VA6

Legend
ROBERT MATHIS STATEMENT:

"It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ROBERT MATHIS STATEMENT:

"It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."
And that's why you don't jump.......

hqdefault.jpg

to conclusions.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Am I correct in assuming that this is his 2nd failed drug test? Since you don't get a 4 game suspension for a first time offense?

*Never mind, just read a PED first offense is a 4 game suspension.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Manny Ramirez used that excuse when he was suspended for 50 games in 2009. Just sayin'.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
And that's why you don't jump.......

hqdefault.jpg

to conclusions.

He might not be guilty, but he's definitely not absolved of all guilt. Anybody can say what he did, doesn't mean it's necessarily true. Makes a lot of sense though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He might not be guilty, but he's definitely not absolved of all guilt. Anybody can say what he did, doesn't mean it's necessarily true. Makes a lot of sense though.
I just wanted to post the "jump to conclusions mat" guy. I have no idea if that reason he gave was genuine or not.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Robert Quinn upon hearing the news:

aQqKYVw_460sa.gif

(Like X, I just wanted to post this)(my new favorite gif)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Wow........that 'could' be telling....
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, at this point but it does not look good.