Rob Ryan NOT Ram's DC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Per Twitter:
After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right fit for the DC position.
The #Rams will conitnue the interview process with the club's other candidates for the defensive coordinator position.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Rams won't hire Rob Ryan

according to the Rams twitter account.

Strange situation...so who is next?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good lord.

I think I'd like to burn Twitter to the ground now. :amped:
Who wrote that?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WOW! Shocking turn of events. I can't say I'm devastated or anything but what the hell is going on?

I'm guessing a personality conflict has been detected between Ryan and other coaches? If so, smart to backtrack now before you screw the D up!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Continue Defensive Coordinator Search

Posted by nickwagoner on January 29, 2013 – 4:11 PM
<a class="postlink" href="http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2013/01/29/rams-continue-defensive-coordinator-search/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2013/01/29/ ... or-search/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Despite reports over the weekend that the Rams had hired Rob Ryan as defensive coordinator, the team confirmed Tuesday morning that those reports were pre-mature. In fact, the Rams went so far as to say that despite long conversations with Ryan concerning defensive philosophy, the sides couldn’t find a common ground and the team is actually moving on to interview other candidates.

- From COO/Executive VP of Football Operations Kevin Demoff:
“After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right fit for the club’s Defensive Coordinator position. The Rams will continue the interview process with the club’s other candidates.”

- In other words, Rob Ryan will not be the hire. No specifics are available yet on what exactly the disagreement on philosophy was though one would imagine Ryan’s general preference for the 3-4 would have factored in at some capacity. The Rams run a 4-3 defense and the lack of scheme fit would be an obvious reason.

- No word on who some of the other candidates under consideration are but Coach Jeff Fisher has traditionally taken his time and played such hires close to the vest.

- The team did announce the hire of Frank Bush as linebackers coach on Tuesday.

nighttrain

Legend
well, the Rams never ANNOUNCED THE SIGNING OF RYAN. just had him in for an interview. ehh no biggy
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol, that's hilarious. If this is true, I bet it's because he refused to accept that we will not switch to a 3-4.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
Lol, that's hilarious. If this is true, I bet it's because he refused to accept that we will not switch to a 3-4.
Probably something like that since they "couldn't find a common ground" on their philosophies.

Oh well. The search continues.

Adam Schefter ..... that's one. :evil:

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/294595706877005825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 6877005825</a>

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
Probably something like that since they "couldn't find a common ground" on their philosophies.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/294595706877005825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 6877005825</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's hard to find any common ground with a man Rob's size. Hard enough just fitting in the room with him. He probably was upset because the Krispy Kreme truck isn't large enough to satisfy him.

ROB WANT 3-4 NOM NOM NOM

No, Rob, we run the 4-3

FINE, ROB WANT KRISPY KREME NOM NOM NOM

Rob, you already ate the Krispy Kreme

ROB DON'T WANT TO PLAY NO MORE NOM NOM NOM

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:
jrry32 said:

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/294595706877005825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 6877005825</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's hard to find any common ground with a man Rob's size. Hard enough just fitting in the room with him. He probably was upset because the Krispy Kreme truck isn't large enough to satisfy him.

ROB WANT 3-4 NOM NOM NOM

No, Rob, we run the 4-3

FINE, ROB WANT KRISPY KREME NOM NOM NOM

Rob, you already ate the Krispy Kreme

ROB DON'T WANT TO PLAY NO MORE NOM NOM NOM
:lmao:

Very descriptive. Nice.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, anyone want to throw out names of potential DC candidates?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wonderboy said:
Lovie Smith
He'd just be a one-year rental. Maybe Jauron too, I dunno. Whoever they get, I want that guy to be the DC for the next 5 years or so. Get everyone playing under one system, for one coach, for multiple years. PLEASE.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wonderboy said:
Lovie Smith

From everything I've seen, he's sitting out the year since he didn't get a HC job.

RamsLife

UDFA
Guess it's not "official" until the pen meets the paper. I personally liked the hire but I guess Fish had some last second thoughts about it. Oh well.

Could def see us hiring within and promoting Dave McGinnis as our full time DC. I'd be good with that.

nittany ram

Rookie
iBruce said:

Why do they need one? DC by committee worked out ok last season.

I don't think it can be a big name DC. They are going to want too much control. Need to find a bright young guy who is just beginning to make his bones and who would be willing to learn from the master instead of running the whole show...

jap

Legend
Somehow, I'm not totally surprised. Fish "groomed" Greg Williams and probably wants to groom the new DC. Rob seems to view himself as a success story, results notwithstanding.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nittany ram said:
iBruce said:
Why do they need one? DC by committee worked out ok last season.

I don't think it can be a big name DC. They are going to want too much control. Need to find a bright young guy who is just beginning to make his bones and who would be willing to learn from the master instead of running the whole show...
Agree. Though, they do need one to make the calls. Either Cecil or McGinnis could do that. I just think they're not going to want to leave this job vacant this time around. I do agree (whole-heartedly) that they should bring someone up and groom him. Maybe someone in the college ranks who has experience in a 4-3 base defense who faced a ton of read-option offenses.

I'll leave the names to those in the know.