Rob Ryan interviewing with Rams today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
92e58c7d8bc04b19a3986d5.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wait a minute!

Didn't we already hire him?

:lmao:

paceram

Pro Bowler
Is the Rams DC job really open and if so will they be interviewing other candidates or were the earlier reports about Rob Ryan and the Rams true and they were just waiting for the right time to confirm his hiring? If the Rams do in fact hire Rob Ryan that might be some relief to the reporter that first reported the story.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It sure looks like the writing is on the wall to me.

I for one don't think it is really that outrageous of a hire. I think it will workout very well and bring an added dimension to the defense.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I really don't have strong feelings about it one way or the other. People knock the dudes' absence of a top ranked defense, but I'd say he's never had a competent offense on the other side of the ball either. There's a shit ton of talent on this defense, and I believe his area of expertise is in the secondary, which would be cool with the youth movement there, but I'd also like to see them meet with a guy like Horton or even Dick Jauron.

Vault 82

Rookie
Fisher + Ryan sounds awesome to me. This may just be the best group of players Ryan has had to work with yet.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm not sure what to think about this. I hope Rob has the ability to convert to a 4-4 defense.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Vault 82 said:
Fisher + Ryan sounds awesome to me. This may just be the best group of players Ryan has had to work with yet.
+1. In Fisher I Trust.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
interference said:
Vault 82 said:
+1. In Fisher I Trust.

That's just it. Fisher knows what he needs and knows who will work well with him. I'm with you.

The one thing I like about Ryan; he'll bring the attitude. I think all of us love when players come to play with fight in them!

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
interference said:
Vault 82 said:
+1. In Fisher I Trust.

That's just it. Fisher knows what he needs and knows who will work well with him. I'm with you.

The one thing I like about Ryan; he'll bring the attitude. I think all of us love when players come to play with fight in them!

Fisher is the man, who he hires is OK with me..
train

Ram_of_Old

Our D made some huge strides last year, basically under Fisher's guidance. I would hate to see someone come in and wipe out all that progress. At the same time, a 3-4 defense may suit some of our impact players well.

I trust Fisher to make the right call, also.

Vault 82

Rookie
Seems like 9 out of 10 people at RRF aren't on board with Ryan, yet love Horton. Horton has less experience in a 4-3 OR 3-4, though he seems to be a good DC. Anyway, I fail to see the problem with Ryan. I love his attitude and like everyone else has said, you gotta trust Fisher. It's not like Fisher is going to say, "ok Rob, they're all yours, I'm not talking to them anymore." lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Interested to see if Ryan is the hire who will then be the LB Coach or will they just add that to Dave McGinnis' title "Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers" which is the title he had with the Titans under Fisher.

Ryan brought current LB Coach Matt Eberflus with him to Dallas, but it appears that Eberflus is staying on. So will the Rams bring in someone else or not? Also last year Fisher wanted to bring in Titan Strength & Conditioning Coach Steve Watterson, but was denied permission. Watterson is now free to move if he wants because his contract has expired and I have not read anything that he has signed a new one so maybe after the DC is named Fisher will have a few more coaching moves to make.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
Interested to see if Ryan is the hire who will then be the LB Coach or will they just add that to Dave McGinnis' title "Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers" which is the title he had with the Titans under Fisher.

Ryan brought current LB Coach Matt Eberflus with him to Dallas, but it appears that Eberflus is staying on. So will the Rams bring in someone else or not? Also last year Fisher wanted to bring in Titan Strength & Conditioning Coach Steve Watterson, but was denied permission. Watterson is now free to move if he wants because his contract has expired and I have not read anything that he has signed a new one so maybe after the DC is named Fisher will have a few more coaching moves to make.

After a healthy 2012; I'm leaning toward keeping Rock Gullickson. 2012 was very good to the Rams health-wise.

But to your point; the cascading effect of hiring a DC will be interesting to watch!