Rob Rang’s Post Combine NFL Draft Fallers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Who is sliding down NFL Draft boards after the NFL Combine? Rob Rang has you covered. Included on his list is WR/TE Devin Funchess, RB TJ Yeldon, WR Jamison Crowder, and LB Paul Dawson.

Watch Rang's Draft Fallers

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Who is sliding down NFL Draft boards after the NFL Combine? Rob Rang has you covered. Included on his list is WR/TE Devin Funchess, RB TJ Yeldon, WR Jamison Crowder, and LB Paul Dawson.

Good. I hope Dawson slides to us; I'll gladly take him in the second.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
How's this for a conundrum?

With our 2nd pick, there's DGB and Paul Dawson still available. Who do you take?

Presume we didn't take Cooper or White in the first...

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

With our 2nd pick, there's DGB and Paul Dawson still available. Who do you take?

Assuming we have taken OL in the 1st AND DGB interviewed well enough to quell some of the fears about his off field behaviour, I would have a hard time passing on him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Assuming we have taken OL in the 1st AND DGB interviewed well enough to quell some of the fears about his off field behaviour, I would have a hard time passing on him.

Gotta agree. Plus, there's a strong chance after Dawson's disastrous combine, he could be on the board in Round 3. DGB would be gone.

But I'd need to feel comfortable with DGB's character.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Same. It all comes down to the interview for DGB.

I could see the Rams grabbing Scherff and doing a JJ and trading up in the 2nd and grabbing DGB if he's there.

I think once the draft gets to the 3rd, I dunno that there's all that much difference between there and UDFAs... I just don't see the kind of depth we saw last year and clearly neither do the Rams as we saw with the Barron trade.

Then again, if DGB really nails the interview process, he may go in the first... I think he's a real wild card even as he's on some team's DND list...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I do not feel comfortable with DGB at all. I keep thinking about Williams and how he dropped due to character, I think it was 6th round? Then I think about Justin Blackmon, Josh Gordon, and PAC Man and I don't think there is any way any team should use a second third or fourth on DGB.

Now if he ends up like Burfict then good because there was no high picks wasted on the enormous risk.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As much as I love DGB's tape I agree with Elm. Rams can't afford to whiff, they really need to hit on their top three and get this offense rolling. I'm good with 3rd round but 2nd is just too iffy.

My dream first three rounds: Scherff, Petty, DGB. Then OG should still have good value even in the 5th. I know some would be pi$$ed by Petty that high but he's not gonna be there in the third round. They'd have instant starter on OL, QB of the future with excellent talent, and a WR who could be the best from this class if his head's on straight. I like Fish's chances of handling that kid if he comes in with a chip on his shoulder especially.

jjab360

Legend
I do not feel comfortable with DGB at all. I keep thinking about Williams and how he dropped due to character, I think it was 6th round? Then I think about Justin Blackmon, Josh Gordon, and PAC Man and I don't think there is any way any team should use a second third or fourth on DGB.

Now if he ends up like Burfict then good because there was no high picks wasted on the enormous risk.
Williams who? That's a really common last name lol.

As far as character risks, the Rams have taken a few in early rounds so far under this regime and haven't been burnt because of the leadership in the locker room. You're not going to find a receiver with DGB's talent outside of the top 5 again anytime soon so if he's there in the 2nd the risk is well worth the reward, imo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Williams who? That's a really common last name lol.

As far as character risks, the Rams have taken a few in early rounds so far under this regime and haven't been burnt because of the leadership in the locker room. You're not going to find a receiver with DGB's talent outside of the top 5 again anytime soon so if he's there in the 2nd the risk is well worth the reward, imo.

Maybe I have the wrong name. The WR from Syracuse that Tampa Bay drafted. Was it Williams or was it Johnson. Too many for me to keep track of. Stevie Johnson maybe?

jjab360

Legend
Maybe I have the wrong name. The WR from Syracuse that Tampa Bay drafted. Was it Williams or was it Johnson. Too many for me to keep track of. Stevie Johnson maybe?
Oh yeah, Mike Williams. He went in the 4th and was actually a decent receiver for the Bucs for a few years. Don't remember him having any off the field issues after he was drafted either.

Difference is DGB is a lot more talented though. Williams without any off the field issues probably goes mid to late second, DGB without any off the field issues goes top 10, probably top 5. If we get him in the second and he stays clean like Williams did, that could potentially be a Randy Moss type steal, if you'll excuse the GOAT comparison hyperbole.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Oh yeah, Mike Williams. He went in the 4th and was actually a decent receiver for the Bucs for a few years. Don't remember him having any off the field issues after he was drafted either.

Difference is DGB is a lot more talented though. Williams without any off the field issues probably goes mid to late second, DGB without any off the field issues goes top 10, probably top 5. If we get him in the second and he stays clean like Williams did, that could potentially be a Randy Moss type steal, if you'll excuse the GOAT comparison hyperbole.

Mike Williams has had multiple off-the-field issues:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Mike-Williams-arrested-on-DUI-charge-111910

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5824443

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ams-faces-trespass-criminal-mischief-charges/

I think he got popped on that 2010 DUI charge just before he played us.

jjab360

Legend
Well nvm on him then lol.

My point still stands that St. Louis under Fisher has been a great environment for guys with perceived character issues so far. This regime has shown that they're willing to take the risk and put in the work if the talent is worth it. I think a freak like DGB would be right in their strike zone if he falls far enough.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Memento

Name
Jemma
Is DGB off your board? If not, where would you be comfortable taking a chance?

As far as I'm concerned, he's off my board when it comes to character issues. But in my board for overall talent...well, he's number five overall. Because as far as I know, he's never had issues with work ethic (unlike Gregory and Peters, both of whom are completely off my board because I believe that they will both bust because of it).

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
As far as I'm concerned, he's off my board when it comes to character issues. But in my board for overall talent...well, he's number five overall. Because as far as I know, he's never had issues with work ethic (unlike Gregory and Peters, both of whom are completely off my board because I believe that they will both bust because of it).
Fair enough.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I didn't see Dawson do anything at the combine to make him Fall!

For me it's Dawson! He fills the Need/BPA profile better than DGB IMHO!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same. It all comes down to the interview for DGB.

I could see the Rams grabbing Scherff and doing a JJ and trading up in the 2nd and grabbing DGB if he's there.

I think once the draft gets to the 3rd, I dunno that there's all that much difference between there and UDFAs... I just don't see the kind of depth we saw last year and clearly neither do the Rams as we saw with the Barron trade.

Then again, if DGB really nails the interview process, he may go in the first... I think he's a real wild card even as he's on some team's DND list...

There's definitely a difference. The depth isn't that bad. The 6th and 7th rounds are pretty weak...hell, even the 5th. But the first four rounds should allow you to come away with contributors if you do a good enough job with your player evaluations.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think that's a pretty strong statement considering we don't know the particulars when it comes to DGB's transgressions and his personal character.