Rob Rang: Could the Rams Have the Top Pick in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man, I hope not. I hate when the Rams are so bad that they are not competitive (duh). We should know a lot more about this team after this week. I expect them to come out and compete hard for all 60 mins. I can also see us taking a lot of frustration penalties and losing by double digits. I swear this team needs an attitude adjustment. They have plenty of attitude, just not what I consider the right attitude. Well, I guess they could use a QB as well but I digress......

jdhommert

Rookie
They disagree all the time. Have you ever listened to one of their in season podcasts?

They collectively watch every single game and report on what actually happened and how the team looked, which is very important. Most places just report on the stats, not what happened in the game.

JTurner

Not a chance. Case Keenum will help us get 9 wins.

I made a bet with myself earlier this year that Bradford would get to and win his first playoff game. But then I had to amend it after he got hurt and said Hill would be able to do it. So, needless to say, if Keenum gets the start, I'm just gonna shut my mouth. My bets are killing our QBs.
Like Keenum got wins in Houston last year? Here is a great stat I saw on the nfl network. Keenum had the lowest qb rating in the league when being rushed by 5 players last year. His rating was like 13 or something. You dont think other coaches know that?

V3

Hall of Fame
I Blame myself for the 'Warner Curse' Because that Year I bought his Jersey! I haven't bought one since! ( Maybe I'll buy one of Krap's )
Lol! My first jersey was a Bradford jersey. It hasn't turned out so well for him. I take some blame. :cry:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We won't be last, Rob Rang....This is for everyone's viewing pleasure, however..

psN9j5d.jpg

Oh man! That's hilarious!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ugh. It would make my "Rams on the Clock" threads even harder to tolerate than they already are.

JTurner

At this point, given our roster construction, I'd really consider trading up with a Redskins type of deal.

That would be the only way we get the #1 overall pick though.
Not necessarily. Look at the other bad teams in the nlf who may have worse records than the rams (doubtful). Jaguars, Browns, Raiders, Redskins, Giants, etc. Now how many of those teams "need" a qb? Only the Giants might draft a qb in the 1st rd. All the others have drafted qb's in the 1st or 2nd and or have a backup who may start. If you look around the league how many teams really, really need a franchise qb who would move up? Houston? Arizona? Tampa Bay? I think we pick #1 overall anyway because I really dont see any team worse than the rams this year anyway. Top 5 pick guaranteed. Either way you dont compound the problem by doing what the redskins did. Rams are going to have their pick of at least 1of the top 2 qbs coming out next year so to me no trade.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
How do you feel about Kapernick and Wilson, X? Huh? You love them, don't you?

LOVE THEM, DAMN YOU!!

They'll both meet each other in the NFC Title game and then they'll both go onto the Super Bowl in which both will win it. And then they'll go on to live healthy and prosperous lives until they're both 108 years old.

Which one is the bride and which is the groom?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Like Keenum got wins in Houston last year? Here is a great stat I saw on the nfl network. Keenum had the lowest qb rating in the league when being rushed by 5 players last year. His rating was like 13 or something. You dont think other coaches know that?
Okay then. Let's just pack it in.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Around the NFL podcast with 4 of the best nfl.com guys do wagers on a lot of things during the season. A guy says something he'll bet on, and the other guys will take or leave the bet.

He bet that the Rams will have the worst record in the NFL this year. Nobody wanted to bet against that. Not even if they tied for the worst record.

Good. Proves we won't pick #1. If those fools all agreed to it, it ain't happening.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not necessarily. Look at the other bad teams in the nlf who may have worse records than the rams (doubtful). Jaguars, Browns, Raiders, Redskins, Giants, etc. Now how many of those teams "need" a qb? Only the Giants might draft a qb in the 1st rd. All the others have drafted qb's in the 1st or 2nd and or have a backup who may start. If you look around the league how many teams really, really need a franchise qb who would move up? Houston? Arizona? Tampa Bay? I think we pick #1 overall anyway because I really dont see any team worse than the rams this year anyway. Top 5 pick guaranteed. Either way you dont compound the problem by doing what the redskins did. Rams are going to have their pick of at least 1of the top 2 qbs coming out next year so to me no trade.

Want to put a wager on that?

jdhommert

Rookie
Want to put a wager on that?
I think we wind up top 10, but I'm not so sure about top 5

Fisher is the biggest reason for that. Love him or hate him this is what he does- get a team with their backs against the wall or a team that sucks to a mediocre/better than expected record.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your bets aren't killing our QB's. The Warner Curse is.

You know, I think you're onto something. We are snake bit and Warner's ousting was the beginning.