Rivers to TEN for #2 Overall (Rumor)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Just saw on bleacher report that this trade is growing. San Diego worried about the health of Rivers. I know it's bleached report, but this would be crazy.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Jeeze, talk about a click-bait title. Maybe put 'Rumored' next time.

Regardless, this would be huge for Tennessee. Rivers is a pretty solid QB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can totally see this happening. Look what Warner did for AZ...

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jeeze, talk about a click-bait title. Maybe put 'Rumored' next time.

Regardless, this would be huge for Tennessee. Rivers is a pretty solid QB.

Sorry man. I'm at work. Tried posting quickly before my next set of clients. I can care less how many clicks the thread gets haha.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
With all do respect sir Rivers isn't even in the same city as a Warner.... maybe he's in the same county tho...

I only meant with respect to Rivers being a veteran pocket QB as opposed to a more mobile rookie QB. Wisenhunt hasn't had much luck with rooks or younger QBs.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Hell I would give them the 10th pick and Foles for Rivers. Somebody make the call!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I only meant with respect to Rivers being a veteran pocket QB as opposed to a more mobile rookie QB. Wisenhunt hasn't had much luck with rooks or younger QBs.
My apologies sir!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell I would give them the 10th pick and Foles for Rivers. Somebody make the call!

No thank you. Not unless he signs an extension as part of the trade. I'm not giving up a ten and a QB for a rental just for him to leave right away. Then we have nothing.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Sorry man. I'm at work. Tried posting quickly before my next set of clients. I can care less how many clicks the thread gets haha.

Haha, it just really jumped out at me and I thought it had just happened or something. Nbd.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
No thank you. Not unless he signs an extension as part of the trade. I'm not giving up a ten and a QB for a rental just for him to leave right away. Then we have nothing.

Well obviously there would have to be an extension. I wouldn't do it for a one year rental either.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I like Rivers, he's a good QB. But I'm not trading the #2 pick for a 33 year old QB unless it's Peyton Manning (at 33).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would be a smart move for Tennessee if he's willing to re-sign.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think Tennessee is close enough to the playoffs much less the superbowl. Rivers will help but I don't think he makes a big enough difference.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Marcus Mariota - QB - Player
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports it's looking "stronger and stronger" that the Chargers will acquire Tennessee's No. 2 overall pick, and draft Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

Per Cole's sources, Philip Rivers and San Diego's No. 17 overall pick would be "just a start" in trade talks. We've still yet to see the smoking gun that this is going to happening, but nothing has been done to squash the rumors. It's not a fairy tale.

Source: Bleacher Report
Apr 16 - 4:10 PM

V3

Hall of Fame
Say he has 3 more years in him. If it got us a superbowl win and 3 playoff appearnces you wouldn't do it? Because this is a superbowl team with Rivers on it.
He may have 3 years left but I doubt they're all that great. He gets dinged up and is slowing down. IMO he wouldn't get us to a SB.