RIP Peter Reiker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Pete's son contacted me this afternoon and he died at 4:30 PM.

I first met Pete online in 1994. He was an extremely cordial man, very, very loyal to his football team and his friends. He gave of himself readily and willingly even in terms of internet friends.

He spoke of his son often and over the last week or so I have been lucky enough to converse with him. He is a very fine young man and will do Pete's memory very proudly.

The thing that really strikes me at this point is that the response to my online appeal for emails was overwhelming and did Pete and his family a world of good.

I want to especially thank Rick Swartz for the very kind gesture of making a charitable contribution in Pete's name. Another friend named Tyler mailed an assortment of candy from his store to Pete's home.

And the Rams, the reason we have all came together in the first place, mailed several autographed pictures and shirts and other things that would only matter to a die-hard fan like us to Pete and truly brightened his day.

I am extremely melancholy to day but I have enough spirit left to hoist a bourbon to Pete's memory.

I have met some of you in real life, some of you only online.

I have thrilled with you, cursed with you and in some cases at you, won with you during the 1999 season and lost with during most of the subsequent years.

But tonight you are all my comrades in so many ways and I thank all of you for both being there for Pete and for me.

Sincerely Jim Fadler

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It's a sad day for us and for the Rams.

Thanks Jim, for showing Peter and his family the kindness that the rest of us weren't able to do.

I think I know who had a hand in this happening:

And the Rams, the reason we have all came together in the first place, mailed several autographed pictures and shirts and other things that would only matter to a die-hard fan like us to Pete and truly brightened his day.

You know who you are.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hell of a good friend, Jimitroutboy.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It's a strange thing how we can become attached to people in places like this, maybe it's just cuz we can be honest and we so appreciate that in a world that just can't handle the truth.

Can't offer words I think will make the loss less for ya Jim, but KNOW that if I could,I would.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm so sorry for your loss. My utmost condolences to you and the family.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sorry for your loss Jim. Not familiar with the backstory, but have come to enjoy your presense on this forum. You seem to be a good and caring person , and yes, you can tell that just from reading posts on a message board. Hang in there bud.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You're a good friend, Jimi. I wish I had a couple just like you.

paceram

Pro Bowler
jimitroutboy said:

I first met Pete online in 1994. He was an extremely cordial man, very, very loyal to his football team and his friends. He gave of himself readily and willingly even in terms of internet friends.

He spoke of his son often and over the last week or so I have been lucky enough to converse with him. He is a very fine young man and will do Pete's memory very proudly.

The thing that really strikes me at this point is that the response to my online appeal for emails was overwhelming and did Pete and his family a world of good.

I want to especially thank Rick Swartz for the very kind gesture of making a charitable contribution in Pete's name. Another friend named Tyler mailed an assortment of candy from his store to Pete's home.

I am extremely melancholy to day but I have enough spirit left to hoist a bourbon to Pete's memory.

I have thrilled with you, cursed with you and in some cases at you, won with you during the 1999 season and lost with during most of the subsequent years.

But tonight you are all my comrades in so many ways and I thank all of you for both being there for Pete and for me.

Sincerely Jim Fadler

Very Sad News! My Thoughts & PRAYERS go out to his Family and Friends!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
jimitroutboy said:

Sincerely Jim Fadler

Jim I'm sorry to hear this and I hope you are well and remembering the good times so you are swimming in good memories.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of the above and thanks for making the world a brighter place by being such a great guy and friend.