RIP one adam 12

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
One Adam 12, followed by Emergency!

Cops and Firemen. I remember them both and every time I see either one, the nostalgia hits me like a truck.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One Adam 12, followed by Emergency!

Cops and Firemen. I remember them both and every time I see either one, the nostalgia hits me like a truck.

Couldn't have said it better. I believe we all have things both TV shows or music that take us back. Bring all those memories too the front. Bittersweet. Growing up in my fathers house at that time we only had the one TV and you watched what he wanted and both those shows were his favorites. One gentleman I knew a child of the 50s use to talk about how watching Gunsmoke was almost holy, like a church service everything stopped and everyone watched. But it was another time, another life.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ha

My Dad made me watch those shows with him too. He never missed em. Of course, back then there were only like 3 or 4 TV channels and no remote. He controlled what was on. LOL

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yeah, back when "the big city" had a whopping 6 channels...

I remember listening to my elders talk about "the gatherings" around the TV. Gunsmoke, I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Ed Sullivan Show, Sid Ceasar's Show of Shows... there was a list and THAT, my friends... was MUST SEE TV.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - my dad was a fireman in LA at the time. We watched those shows every week but it was a bit hard to watch with him telling us how wrong Emergency was. Can't believe that guy was 84. Makes my bones hurt just thinking about it.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Oh, yeah, they took all sorts of liberties with those types of shows back in the day. Same with detective shows. I knew lawyers who'd just go crazy and hated them because the detectives were doing things that were illegal or would get the evidence thrown out or made any number of errors that would lead to an issue at trial if it ever got to trial. Which is why Law and Order was such an innovation.

Still, as a kid, those shows were something else. AND they addressed social issues...gangs, racism, drugs, etc. It wasn't gritty, but they entertained and touched on issues...and not just without, but from within (as in, I think I recall an episode where one of the older cops was rousting black kids for no reason and Martin Milner stood up to him. That REALLY resonates in LA because of the history of the LAPD and Chief Parker and later Chief Gates)

They were both good shows. Just really, really good shows.