RIP Aretha Franklin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Died today at age 76.

The Queen of Soul. It wasn't just her voice, but the phrasings she used. This is my personal fave song of hers

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's a loss to the music industry.
There's still "music", right?
Sometimes I dunno.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
RIP She was a class act. And she dies the same day Elvis did. She was born in Memphis. Elvis died in Memphis. The KING of Rock and the QUEEN of Soul.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
RIP She was a class act. And she dies the same day Elvis did. She was born in Memphis. Elvis died in Memphis. The KING of Rock and the QUEEN of Soul.
Funny. My wife and I were just talking about exactly that.

Probably my favorite music segment of any movie I’ve ever seen is her part in Blues Brothers. Loved it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny. My wife and I were just talking about exactly that.

Probably my favorite music segment of any movie I’ve ever seen is her part in Blues Brothers. Loved it.

And let's not forget her reworking of RESPECT in the otherwise horrendous Blues Brothers 2000. Different mix than her version in the '60s, still great.