Rick Venturi - 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wv

Rookie
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/11/p_Zach_and_Coach_20121126_9am.mp3[/rp3]

Interesting comments on Pettis and Kendricks from V.

V said "amendola gave us a Willis Reed yesterday...he did it on one leg"
(Willis was my guy, back when i followed the NBA :) )

V on the halftime defensive adjustment: "...and then god-willing for once we played some aggressive defense in the coverage and started bringing people.."

V took a shot at Pettis at the 10 minute mark, when he said Pettis "was blanketed as always".

On Kendricks V said (at the 11:11 mark), "he seems to be on the edge...they've got to get 'ball' out of Kendricks, the rest of that receiver corp is functional at best...youve got to get plays out of K and Givens. Yer gettin em out of Givens. Yesterday we finally got a good play out of K...i think K is a key guy in the redzone, because if yer gonna double Danny, and stop the run, and you dont have that outside Fade Guy, then at least the TE can run those corner routes and seam routes...so i want them to UP his game. When i come out of this season, i want to know what Kendricks i have. Do i have the K we thought we had, who was gonna be a terrific Winslow type guy, or do i just have a functional Tight End. I'd like to KNOW that. Cause I'm not sure that he still doesnt have a ton of talent. I'm not positive on that. ..."

I tend to agree with everything V said, btw.

w
v

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I heard most of this on my drive in today, cause Monday is my "late day" :sly: .

Good stuff, thanks for posting and welcome to the forum man. You gonna like it here. :tooth:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
wv said:
V on the halftime defensive adjustment: "...and then god-willing for once we played some aggressive defense in the coverage and started bringing people.."
Thank God for that.... why have our corners been playing so soft for so long?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
interference said:
wv said:
Thank God for that.... why have our corners been playing so soft for so long?

It was pretty obvious we were playing base run defense for the better of the first half. Forcing the kid to throw. It was kind of bullshit imo. Why are we allowing him to get comfortable? We're going to allow him to settle in, then start blitzing when we're behind? It worked, I guess? But I think it would've been the exact same result in the first if we'd been aggressive off the bat. Maybe we didn't want to show much if we didn't have to?

Bottom line. We couldn't touch him in the first half with just 4 down. No matter who it is, no matter what the stage is, we have to start generating pressure on the qb.