Richie Ingognito and Antonio Smith: Helmet Smack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well this is a tough one for me.

RI deserved to get whacked, look at what he is doing to Smith as the play is unfolding. He is yanking on his face mask like hell and takes a swipe at him. I'm not condoning what Johnson did and I think the suspension is too light but Incognito based on last year's ankle incident and the fact he was jamming the guys neck around with his face mask should also get some love from the commissioner in the form of a fine.

He's a shit heel, a real turd, and there is a reason he is considered the dirtiest player in the NFL. This kind of play shows you why. That said.......Johnson should have gotten a few games off, had he connected it could have ended Incognito's season.

Both of these guys come out of this looking bad. When people look at this play from the snap and not just the part where the helmet comes off they will wonder why Incognito is getting off scot-free.

nighttrain

Legend
ramsince62 said:
V3 said:
I think he's only missing one game for it, too. IMO, that's a joke. He should miss at least 3. That could have killed Richie. I know people here don't like Richie but that really shouldn't matter. When another player uses a helmet as a weapon, the NFL needs to come down hard to make it known that there is ZERO tolerance. The NFL failed here.

I believe he's suspended for the next 3 games, but only 1 regular season game.
And that's about as stupid as it gets. if you suspend a player for that kind of action, make it hurt, make it regular season games
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shouldn't Incognito have been charged with Assault with a Deadly Weapon all those times he headbutt someone then? His head is huge and as hard as a helmet.

If hands can be registered as deadly weapons...

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Shouldn't Incognito have been charged with Assault with a Deadly Weapon all those times he headbutt someone then? His head is huge and as hard as a helmet.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

FWIW X "digging" is not how to get out of a hole.

My point is not about "fairness", it's about what needs to be done to protect the shield.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

No, but it is the ideal way to bury someone.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy knowing me well:
I KNEW you'd frame it the right way given time Al, depending on the prosecutor in the jurisdiction that occurred in charges COULD be filed and actually hockey has seen a player charged for THAT when using a stick.

I've heard that given enough time a room full of monkey's could write the complete works of Shakespeare. :lol:

That hockey player you referred too is exactly who I was thinking about when I wrote that. One of us should be worried about the similarity of our thought processes. :ww:

I'm afraid Al the life span of a monkey vs. the theory does not compute, so whoever you hear that from, don't let him handle your stock portfolio :ww:

As to womb should be worried, my psychiatrist sez you should,unless of course you believe the guy who told you that,then ......it's a push. :tooth:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

No, but it is the ideal way to bury someone.

Sent via Tapatalk2.
I thought that happened when he went to Miami :ww: