Richie Ingognito and Antonio Smith: Helmet Smack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zppdJUqC_o4[/youtube]

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Richie had it coming after all these years. All of his personal fouls were combined into one with that retaliation by Smith

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rams24/7 said:
Richie had it coming after all these years. All of his personal fouls were combined into one with that retaliation by Smith

Maybe so. Still... hell of a helmet smack there. :lmao:

V3

Hall of Fame
I think he's only missing one game for it, too. IMO, that's a joke. He should miss at least 3. That could have killed Richie. I know people here don't like Richie but that really shouldn't matter. When another player uses a helmet as a weapon, the NFL needs to come down hard to make it known that there is ZERO tolerance. The NFL failed here.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
V3 said:
I think he's only missing one game for it, too. IMO, that's a joke. He should miss at least 3. That could have killed Richie. I know people here don't like Richie but that really shouldn't matter. When another player uses a helmet as a weapon, the NFL needs to come down hard to make it known that there is ZERO tolerance. The NFL failed here.

I believe he's suspended for the next 3 games, but only 1 regular season game.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I simply cannot believe that Richie was involved in anything like this.

V3

Hall of Fame
ramsince62 said:
V3 said:

I believe he's suspended for the next 3 games, but only 1 regular season game.

I don't believe they get paid for preseason games so IMO he's only missing one game.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
[nfl]0ap2000000232236[/nfl]

Antonio Smith to appeal three-game NFL suspension
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232215/article/antonio-smith-to-appeal-threegame-nfl-suspension" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... suspension</a>

Lesson

Oh, really?
It's beyond stupid for a player to act like that in response to a player, even if it was Incognito. you don't risk someone's health by doing such a stupid thing. Smith is lucky to only miss one regular season game.

quebecramfan

Rookie
Surely Incognito never was a threat to anyone's health either.... the guy is a goon and he's known for it.... we cannot see what goes on in the trenches and a whole shitload of cheapshots happen all the time.... If Cogs was voted dirtiest player by his piers... there must be a valid reason for it...

I believe he had this coming....

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree that Incognito probably has it coming. But, that is a very cheap shot. How in the world is he appealing that with a straight face....wonder if he had A-rod on speed dial.
A trainer my son has been working with as part of his prep for heading off to college has worked with Incognito (he puts a picture up of all the athletes he has worked with and I insisted my boys picture go next to Richie in his Ram gear). He swears he is the nicest, sweatest guy around. I guess he changes when its game time. I sort of miss Richie. If we could have just gotten those personal fouls under control the LG situation would be very settled.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Assault with a deadly weapon.

I KNEW you'd frame it the right way given time Al, depending on the prosecutor in the jurisdiction that occurred in charges COULD be filed and actually hockey has seen a player charged for THAT when using a stick.

If there was EVER a situation where an example HAD to be made ,this is it, whether I personally think what the guy did was justifiable aint the point , the NFL needs no more legal entanglements.
Smith should be severely DEALT with, NOW if it happens again the cost is established -3 games- don't know whether the union has a negotiated ceiling on this sort of suspension or what, but if I was Goodel I'd push the envelope hard here.
For me go big and ratchet down is the way to do this, if Goodel goes a full season for the next guy, an agent /lawyer will conjure THIS as a precedent.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy knowing me well:
I KNEW you'd frame it the right way given time Al, depending on the prosecutor in the jurisdiction that occurred in charges COULD be filed and actually hockey has seen a player charged for THAT when using a stick.

I've heard that given enough time a room full of monkey's could write the complete works of Shakespeare. :lol:

That hockey player you referred too is exactly who I was thinking about when I wrote that. One of us should be worried about the similarity of our thought processes. :ww: