Richie Incognito: I’m done, the stress is killing me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Really?? He had too many penalties with us? Why didn't anyone mention this earlier??? :eek:

Maybe one day we'll find out that we let Bradford go because he was injury prone! ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Some guys are assholes because they enjoy it. They know it's not right, but they think manipulation is fun. Richie isn't smart enough to fit this category.

Then there's the bully who just wants everything his way and he picks on weaklings to get it. I don't think this is Richie either. The NFL players he fought with weren't chimps.

Then you have the emotionally disturbed hot heads. I think this is Richie. I have a difficult time hating on someone for problems inflicted upon them by someone else, or for someone with a chemical imbalance. I had a good friend that reminded me of Richie. He was a ruthless fighter. He was jacked, without steroids. Most people were afraid of him. He was a good guy for the most part. But, he didn't take shit from people. His reputation grew and tough guys from other towns would come around to the bars, to see if the could take him. Nobody could, and he never went easy on anyone. He joined the Navy, got into the Seal program and was kicked out for fighting. Growing up, his Dad beat him regularly. His uncles picked him ruthlessly. He had a rough childhood. Emotional scars screw people up.

If you recall, Richie was told by a coach to toughen J. Martin up. I put it on the coach. Richie was given a job that he wasn't qualified to do, because the guy he had to toughen up had emotional problems. He did things the way he knew from his past experiences. Of all people, he should never have been put in that situation.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
isnt it funny what we as fans are willing to overlook ?

i mean Suh Peters Talib are all known hotheads with some form of issue either on and off the field but thats A-ok
yet Richie is a hothead roid headed lunatic and thats not ok (Leonard Little killed someone and went on to have a decent career and was idolised )

i always liked Richie and to be honest in the spags years he was the only bit of passion and fire we had will never know true full story of what went down in Miami and probably never will i dont condone racism and bullying just FYI

Richie was an above average Guard who i kinda wished had stayed around for a few more years

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
If you recall, Richie was told by a coach to toughen J. Martin up. I put it on the coach. Richie was given a job that he wasn't qualified to do, because the guy he had to toughen up had emotional problems.

Sheeesh, going a little easy on Richie? Maybe Richie has a chemical imbalance, or CTE, or had a traumatic childhood. But none of that “excuses” his sadistic, psychotic bullying.

Not Richie’s fault, it’s the coaches’ fault? Ridiculous.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sheeesh, going a little easy on Richie? Maybe Richie has a chemical imbalance, or CTE, or had a traumatic childhood. But none of that “excuses” his sadistic, psychotic bullying.

Not Richie’s fault, it’s the coaches’ fault? Ridiculous.

It wasn’t sadistic bullying at first. And no coach should ask a player who struggles with his own emotional problems to turn another emotionally challenged player into the monster that he is.

I liken it to telling a schizophrenic to help fix a depressed person. Or asking a dog to train a cat. It’s absurd.

fearsomefour

Legend

i mean Suh Peters Talib are all known hotheads with some form of issue either on and off the field but thats A-ok
yet Richie is a hothead roid headed lunatic and thats not ok (Leonard Little killed someone and went on to have a decent career and was idolised )

i always liked Richie and to be honest in the spags years he was the only bit of passion and fire we had will never know true full story of what went down in Miami and probably never will i dont condone racism and bullying just FYI

Richie was an above average Guard who i kinda wished had stayed around for a few more years
Yep.
To quote Eminem I don't give two squirts of piss.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

And the media loves to blow stuff out of proportion. People want the enemy handed to them on a platter and it sells. Lawyers are good at making things look their absolute worst when they stand to make big money from it.

I’ve never understood why people don’t realize these things by now.

ESPN destroyed Joe Paterno’s legacy and everyone was outraged and many still revile him today. To them that is all that matters. The press delivered it in a neat little package. End of story for most. It sold papers and drove ratings through the roof. As the case unfolded in the courts and it was discovered that ESPN lied and left out facts, nobody cared. They have what they want, someone to blame, facts be damned. It’s the same thing with Richie Incognito. Nobody wants to hear his side or that his line mates were on his side. Anyone who ever was bullied was handed the ultimate bully for a nation to collectively hate. Mob mentality at its best.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I have no idea what you're talking about

"We" ? Who is "We?"

Only person bringing up the notion of what fans are willing to overlook is you. Who is saying whatever Talib, Suh, and Peters have done has anything to do with a guy that hasn't played for the Rams in like what? A decade?

Oh and thanks to your comment above I certainly won't ever forget about Leonard Little's crimes anytime soon. Thanks!

It's like what do you want "We" fans to do? Look at every player the exact same way? I mean what will make you feel better about the injustice? We fans want to know.....

Anyway here is a picture of Little - he doesn't look happy so that should make things okay now - It's not A-okay he killed someone, i hope that makes all better and "We" as fans can go about out business of expressing our personal views on Incognito without the guilt :LOL:

IMG_4163.JPG

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't think so.
I just think he's an A-hole.

It's possible to be both.

It's also possible that while he might have been an a-hole no matter what that the CTE is making it worse, perhaps significantly worse.

Richie is showing very obvious signs of rampant steroid abuse and CTE. Doesn't mean he's a boyscout without those, but it means that he's worse because of those things.

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

TexasRam

Legend
I bet when all is said and done, he's got a really bad case of CTE.

That's not an excuse at all.

But, I bet he does....bad case, too.

Maybe. Probably a bad case of
Dickhead dad as well.

Not to play Dr Phil, but I’ve known some dudes that were real dickheads and once I met their dads it explained everything.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's possible to be both.

It's also possible that while he might have been an a-hole no matter what that the CTE is making it worse, perhaps significantly worse.

Richie is showing very obvious signs of rampant steroid abuse and CTE. Doesn't mean he's a boyscout without those, but it means that he's worse because of those things.

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
Who knows?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no idea what you're talking about

"We" ? Who is "We?"

Only person bringing up the notion of what fans are willing to overlook is you. Who is saying whatever Talib, Suh, and Peters have done has anything to do with a guy that hasn't played for the Rams in like what? A decade?

Oh and thanks to your comment above I certainly won't ever forget about Leonard Little's crimes anytime soon. Thanks!

It's like what do you want "We" fans to do? Look at every player the exact same way? I mean what will make you feel better about the injustice? We fans want to know.....

Anyway here is a picture of Little - he doesn't look happy so that should make things okay now - It's not A-okay he killed someone, i hope that makes all better and "We" as fans can go about out business of expressing our personal views on Incognito without the guilt :LOL:

View attachment 24667

oh you dont see what im talking about ?

Richies biggest "crime" on the rams was being a a bit of a meathead and Fans lambasted him for it (rightly so i may add as it cost the team yards) yet he gets villified gets called a roid head manchild etc hen the crass "bullying" of Martin in Miami

LL kills someone and is yet praised
Vick runs a dog fighting ring and got another chance in the NFL
numerous other incidents throughout the lives of NFL players

i used the word WE in the Royal sense ,,,you WE as in fans of a football franchise ... oh man this guy did that ? but he he is great player so we forgive him ...that dude jaywalked meh he was average at best CUT HIM THE BUM

Psycho_X

Legend
Every time I see Richie Incognito on camera doing something stupid all I can think of is Chris Farley with a bad temper. I imagine this is what Richie is like depending on the type of meds and alcohol he is on.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Don't let the door hit you where the sun don't shine, you racist bully.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/12/cleveland-browns-nfl-draft-rumors-quarterback-mmqb

To anyone who knows the coaches and players who’ve been around Richie Incognito, Shady McCoy’s social-media pleas for the Pro Bowl guard to come back to the Bills come as no surprise. Even in the thick of the Bullygate controversy, Dolphins staff and teammates privately supported Incognito.

It was unanimous among those I talked to. He was absolutely one of the most well-liked guys in every locker room I saw him in, which would surprise some people.