Richie Incognito: I’m done, the stress is killing me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hall of Fame, really? :confused:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...to-im-done-the-stress-is-killing-me/#comments

Richie Incognito: I’m done, the stress is killing me
Posted by Josh Alper on April 10, 2018

gettyimages-490325856-e1523371816140.jpg

Getty Images

Word came from Peter King of SI.com on Tuesday morning that Bills guard Richie Incognito is considering retiring before the start of the 2018 season and Incognito shared some of his thoughts with another reporter later in the day.

Incognito spoke to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News and his comments suggest that he’s leaning pretty far in the direction of retiring. Incognito cited health concerns as the reason.

“I’m done. That’s it. It’s been a long career,” Incognito said. “Went to the doctor. My liver and kidneys are shutting down. The stress is killing me. It’s just about doing what’s right. I just want to be in the Hall of Fame.”

Incognito also sent a tweet to the NFLPA saying he’s done. King’s initial tweet said that Incognito could return at the “right price” after agreeing to a pay cut earlier this year. King followed up with another saying that Incognito is talking to the Bills about revisiting his deal and has until Sunday to change his mind about calling it a career.

If Incognito does retire, he’ll join center Eric Wood as 2017 Bills starters to walk away from the game this offseason. They also traded left tackle Cordy Glenn to the Bengals, although Dion Dawkins got 11 starts as a rookie while Glenn was injured.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's killin you is the roids bro.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Somebody needs to tell Richie that he is ALREADY in the HOF.

The Asshat Asshole HOF.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ritchie...duuuuuude...we'll get you a season pass to the Hall of Fame, but that's it.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
One of the best guards we ever had. Lots of BS rumors and accusations (proven false) about him is the only reason for the hate. Wish we had kept him.

tempests

Hall of Fame
One of the best guards we ever had.

I think you mean the most penalized guard we ever had.

From him flipping off the fans, admitting to committing personal fouls on purpose so the Rams would cut him, to sitting out a week 17 game complaining about a stomach ache, there's nothing about this loser that I miss.

fearsomefour

Legend
One of the best guards we ever had. Lots of BS rumors and accusations (proven false) about him is the only reason for the hate. Wish we had kept him.
He was much better after left the Rams. With the Rams he was good when he wasn't spinning out. He was a head case with the Rams basically.

MauiRam

Rookie
I am glad we didn't keep him. I don't hate the guy, he was just a loose cannon when he played for us. Too many dumb penalties that killed drives. Our team wasn't good enough to overcome 15 yard personal fouls that were just plain stupid. He was more focused on being "The Sheriff" than helping out his team.

jjab360

Legend
The unnecessary penalties, his childish on-field behavior, the stuff that went down in Miami. I have literally no idea what you're talking about when you say "rumors and accusations", the man has an excessively long track record of being one of the worst human beings in the NFL.

What a great guy...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams knew exactly what they were getting when they drafted Incognito.
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...ted-richie-incognito-because-he-played-nasty/

In 2005, less than a year after off-field transgressions ended his college career at Nebraska and Oregon in the same summer, Incognito was selected by the St. Louis Rams in the third round of the draft.

Mike Martz, the Rams coach then, said the team wanted players with attitude. “Because that’s the way the game is played in the N.F.L., obviously,” Martz said. “That nastiness is evident, especially in Incognito.”

Incognito’s nastiness could have made him a Hall of Famer if he had chosen to channel it correctly.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4745760

Rams release veteran guard Incognito
Associated Press

The St. Louis Rams released Richie Incognito on Tuesday, two days after coach Steve Spagnuolo benched the temperamental offensive guard for the second half of a loss at Tennessee.

Incognito is a five-year veteran and has spent his entire career with the Rams after being drafted in the third round in 2005. He has frequently landed in trouble for playing long after the whistle and was named the dirtiest player in the NFL earlier this year by The Sporting News.

Incognito was benched after drawing two personal foul penalties for head-butting opponents in the first half on Sunday and then watched the second half from the bench with a poncho over his head. He was also yanked in the opener at Seattle after being whistled for two personal fouls.

The Rams (1-12) did their best to encourage Incognito, even naming him a weekly captain for one game in mid-October.

"I like Richie, I do. I'm trying to help," Spagnuolo said after Sunday's game. "I'm just trying to help."

He has played in 44 NFL games, all starts, in a career dotted with anger management issues dating to college when he was kicked off the team at Nebraska.

Before returning to the lineup, Incognito said if he were a gentlemanly lineman he'd probably be out of the NFL or perhaps playing for former Rams coach Jim Haslett in the United Football League. He didn't mind the "dirtiest player" recognition, noting that other players couldn't keep up with his "intensity level."

Last season, Incognito criticized the team's dwindling fan base, made an obscene gesture to a TV cameraman during practice and encouraged hecklers by cupping his hands to his ears while leaving the field after a loss.

Seahawks players criticized Incognito before a game in 2008, accusing him of jumping late onto piles, twisting ankles and scratching necks.

"You know, like the FBI's 20 Most Wanted? Yeah, he'd be on that list," Seahawks linebacker Julian Peterson said.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Not sure how false the accusations were but I wish we could have kept him as well.

I think people are still mad that he gave them the finger.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...os-latest-antics-make-little-financial-sense/

Incognito’s latest antics make little financial sense
Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2018

gettyimages-499188932-e1523395902438.jpg

Getty Images

Less than a week after Richie Incognito fired his agents via Twitter, Incognito made it clear that he has no reason to have an agent, since he’s retiring from the NFL.

And he’s retiring from the NFL only a couple weeks after agreeing to take a pay cut. Which means that he simply needed to refuse the pay cut, and he likely would have been cut.

As it stands, Incognito now will be required to return not only the $1 million he received up front as part of his agreement to slash his total compensation by $1.625 million but to pay back, potentially, the $1.15 million in previously-paid signing-bonus money that he was due to actually earn this year.

So why walk away now when he simply could have dug in last month and gotten a free ticket out of town, with no repayment obligation? The decision to retire from football, coming only days after he decided to fire his football agents, conjures memories of the erratic behavior in which he engaged after the Jonathan Martin situation resulted in a multi-game suspension in 2013.

Even while contemplating retirement, Incognito quickly went from being willing to play for the right price to not being willing to play at all. The next question is whether the Bills are eager to remind him that the total Bill for calling it quits will be $2.15 million.

fearsomefour

Legend
I cant wait for his reality TV career........
Road Trip with Richie.....locked in a car for 12 hour days of driving cross country with Richie
Bully Proof with Richie....Incognito bully proofs your kid by bullying him for a week.
Incog-neato.....Richie will come over and destroy your ex's stuff like he did that sports car.
Baby Sitting with Richie....let him watch your kids for a weekend, includes trips to rage inducing places like Chucky E Cheese, play dates, and LA traffic.
Juicing with Richie....no, not that kind of juice, he has to work at a bay area hipster juice bar.
Reading with Richard Incognito Jr.....reading out loud in public.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I bet when all is said and done, he's got a really bad case of CTE.

That's not an excuse at all.

But, I bet he does....bad case, too.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Hopefully he has someone honest managing his money, if not he will be broke in 5 years, like many other players.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
He could probably star in the theoretical remake of Tommy Boy or Black Sheep.