Richie Incognito holds nothing back on his feelings about Thursday Night games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey. Richie. I was on call for 12 days in a row and had to work 97 hours last week.
For a fraction of what you make.
Go play with your ball.
Get back to work, beard boy..Some of us are doin hard shyte for cash...
~Ritchie

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll say it again.
Let every Thursday Night team have a bye the week before it.
That way they get 10 days off before the game, and 9 days off after it.

You, me and thousands of fans across the nation have this same thought!

But it makes sense, so they'll never do it.

Ants

Starter
Blah, blah, blah Richie....Tell me what you think about the games being played in London.
THAT, I want to hear. :rant:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/04/w...rade-browns-aj-mccarron-deshaun-watson-injury

By Gary Gramling

Richie Incognito is the latest player to point out the obvious: Thursday Night Football is even crappier for players than it is for fans.

Of course, it’s good for owners, who like the money it generates in the short-term (even if the over-saturation of the product and consistent crumminess of a primetime game has consequences). So that said, here’s the solution that works for everyone when the league and the players sit down to negotiate the next CBA:

a) The players agree to extend the regular season one more week, creating a second bye week for all teams. Thursday Night Football continues, with the matchups confined to teams who did not play the previous Sunday or Monday.

b) The owners agree to eliminate the personal-conduct policy, doing away with a kangaroo court that is often unfair to the players and, more importantly, has fueled a PR nightmare for the league. Individual teams can handle off-the-field incidents and deal with the fallout themselves.

Both sides win.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Hey. Richie. I was on call for 12 days in a row and had to work 97 hours last week.
For a fraction of what you make.
Go play with your ball.

Lol I love this fan-argument.

So you went to work last week. Can you block 300lb defensive linemen?

We all have jobs. I’m not trying to go out of my way to defend Ritchie Incognito of all people, I just don’t understand the “don’t ever complain about anything, I make less money than you!” argument that fans love.

In a sport that’s been basically proven to cause brain damage, it’s fucking stupid for the NFL to force their players to play games on short rest. Period.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lol I love this fan-argument.

So you went to work last week. Can you block 300lb defensive linemen?

We all have jobs. I’m not trying to go out of my way to defend Ritchie Incognito of all people, I just don’t understand the “don’t ever complain about anything, I make less money than you!” argument that fans love.

In a sport that’s been basically proven to cause brain damage, it’s freaking stupid for the NFL to force their players to play games on short rest. Period.
That's why I suggested they give teams who play on Thursday a bye week before it so they get more rest than all other teams before TNF and after. And yes, I can block 300lb defensive linemen. Probably not well, but I can do it. I'm as big as a TE and block better than Cook. I also arguably work harder than all of these guys because I'm in construction and repair - and go to the gym daily - but I don't get months off in a row and my work day isn't 3 hours. Also, people die in my trade. Lots of them. Brain damage is a horrible after effect of electing to pursue this career, but excuse me if I don't weep for their plight.

That's my FAN-argument and if you don't like it, keep giggling.
Sokay by me.

Last edited:

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I like you -X-!

I can just picture it now: the construction worker vs Ndamukong Suh. You work out everyday, he wouldn’t stand a chance!

Just playing man. Go Rams.