Rich Eisen Discusses the Rams-49ers Matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(PRIMETIME) Rich Eisen of the NFL Network joins Prime Time and Howard Balzer to discuss the Rams' Thursday night main event with San Francisco.

[mp3]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/PrimeTime/092513-3PT.mp3[/mp3]

(starts about 6 minutes in)

Reason for 49ers struggles so far?
I think their issue is defensively. Kaepernick, they've taken some of the running plays out purposely because they know a 16 game season is too rigorous for that. You might actually see some more of the old Kaepernick. That said, his first loss came against the Rams, and he's still looking for his first win against the division. You can run on them. They've given up 6 rushing TD so far, and that's one fewer than they gave up all of last year. The Colts hit them in the mouth and didn't make a mistake. The 49ers DID make mistakes. Last week is definitely disturbing for them. I'd throw the Seattle game out because I think everyone is going to look like that when they go there. It certainly rattles the nerves going in.

To say the Rams looked disappointing last week in Dallas is an affront to the word disappointment. I was truly stunned. I was sure Murray wouldn't have a field day against them, but he did. Offensively they looked lost. And so coming back now and showing the Country that they're ready to take that next step is important. They're fast. They're faster than most teams, and they proved that in Atlanta. They took over the game in Atlanta for a good 20 minutes but couldn't finish. They got it within them, and they got everyone wearing white, so it's on. It's a big game.

The Niners were very fortunate with injuries last year, but this year ... not so much.
Crabtree not being there, last week Vernon Davis wasn't available, and their best pass rusher is now gone out of scene for the foreseeable future, so they're gonna have to hunt Bradford without their best rusher. Usually their defensive and offensive lines were able to dictate, but since Seattle really threw them for a loop, and last week against the Colts, it has everyone wondering who they really are.

On who's going to call the game.
Kurt and Marshall are gonna be there with us tomorrow, and without telling too many secrets we're going to have a GSOT reunion of sorts. I've seen some names on the run-down that's really bringing the band back together. I'm gonna be honored to be there with those guys. Talking about the current crop of the Rams, Kurt used the word "unimaginative". Everyone's waiting to see Austin used like Percy Harvin. They also have these big tall and strong receivers, so the question is, how do you put it all together? I saw them play against Atlanta, and they're fast. They're really fast. They're one of the fastest teams in the league. They just gotta put it all together and get everyone in a rhythm. They gotta take care of business. The Niners are desperate, and I'm really looking forward to this one.

You gotta keep your guy upright, and he's gotta make quick, smart decisions. Jared Cook might be running around on a rascal in this offense. It's definitely something that I'm excited to see in person. It was really loud here against Arizona last year. Arizona did not know what hit them when they played the Rams last year. Kevin Kolb was on his back all night. If the Rams can get a reasonable facsimile of that against the 49ers this week, they're in good shape.