Rich Californians balk at limits: ‘We’re not all equal when it comes to water’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I cleaned this thread up a little, and y'all know why.

@Rynie, use your head.
@Everyone else, don't let others use yours.

fearsomefour

Legend
And there is supposed to be a " Very Stiff Fine " if you don't reduce, EVEN FOR THOSE OF US HERE WHO HAVE ALREADY CUT BACK AS FAR AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!!!! IT'S ENOUGH TO pee pee-OFF THE POPE! If they try to come after me ( I can't cut back any further) I won't be able to do crap about it!! F-ing Dem's have screwed this State up sooooo bad! ( Especially 6 Administrations of Brown's, Starting with Daddy!)
My parents who still live in California are habitual water savers, even when the state is not in a drought. They are in the same boat....how are you supposed to cut by 25% when you are always watching what you use? I advised them, several months back, to start upping their use so that they have more of a cushion when it comes time for mandatory cuts.
The real idiocy here is that, like a posted before, 4% of water use in California is used by residential citizens. A 25% cut by citizens results in a 1% reduction in water used in California....it, like most things coming out of the state house, is a sham. It will make no difference in the water situation, what it will do is provide an excuse to fine the hell out of people who are just trying to get by.
Disgusting.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
you mean earth will take care of itself ?? i mean, its only been around for a few billion years now. i'm thinkin maybe humans might be better at it....... (y)
Well, the elite weenies from the Club of Rome think they're experts at it ["managing the globe"] :)

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Well Steve, Yuhas the money to be a gluttonous pig now but you never know what the future holds.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You need to come to Texas if you want your freedom back

But stay away from Dallas and the outlying communities or Rynie might be your neighbor :cautious:

I recommend Austin
Texas is proof positive that climates can change dramatically year-to-year.

Last year? Statewide drought.

This year? Record rainfall and flooding.

Go figure.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Texas is proof positive that climates can change dramatically year-to-year.

Last year? Statewide drought.

This year? Record rainfall and flooding.

Go figure.

This year has been great for rainfall
But the climate here in Central Texas - according to the old time ranchers -started changing back in the 80's

The good thing is on my ranch we have two wells and one rainwater collection system - both are completely free

The only complaint I guess you could have is like how My neighbors run this place called Hill Country Olive Oil and it does suck to see them watering all their trees when wells around the county are going dry-- but in actuality it's not that much water

The issue for us are corporations that act like public utilities like the LCRA - http://m.lcra.org - horrible outfit
They sell all the water to cotton farmers.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Much of the rain water runs down to the Pacific.
We need deep snow pack.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That one pic shows the solution... the one with the chick standing in her garden of agave plants.

Plant more agave = more tequila!

Tequila > Water

Ozoneranger

Rookie
In our district (Santa Clara County) our usage is based on 2013. Wife and I used a ton of water in that year. Last year, having "survived" several droughts over the decades, I convinced her to place fake flowers here and there to start cutting back, my pool being the priority. This year I planted nothing. New girlfriend hates the fake ones and "suggests" I plant real ones, since I live alone now. My drought mentality.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I cleaned this thread up a little, and y'all know why.

@Rynie, use your head.
@Everyone else, don't let others use yours.

I appreciate what you did, but that was way out of bounds. As bad a a racial slur with it's intent IMO.

I didn't know Mel Gibson posted here. (n)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In our district (Santa Clara County) our usage is based on 2013. Wife and I used a ton of water in that year. Last year, having "survived" several droughts over the decades, I convinced her to place fake flowers here and there to start cutting back, my pool being the priority. This year I planted nothing. New girlfriend hates the fake ones and "suggests" I plant real ones, since I live alone now. My drought mentality.
I like your take on flowers.
It's very gangster.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Why Isn’t Desalination the Answer to All California’s Water Problems?
http://ww2.kqed.org/science/2015/03...the-answer-to-all-californias-water-problems/

South of Los Angeles, in the city of Carlsbad, what will be the nation’s largest desalination facility is nearly ready. For roughly a billion dollars, the plant will produce 7 percent of San Diego County’s water. In Santa Barbara, a plant built amid the drought of the early 1990’s, and idled by the return of rain, could come back online soon and provide 30 percent of the community’s water.